Purrs for my elderly Mother, please?

Old September 14th 09, 05:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

Default Purrs for my elderly Mother, please?

"Gandalf" wrote in message
My Mother is 87 years old, and very, very frail.

She had a pacemaker implanted 3 years ago, and was doing 'fairly'
well,
with numerous health problems.

But lately, she has been very short of breath.

She went to her doctor, who sent her to her cardiologist.

An echo cardiogram showed one of her major heart valves is not
functioning properly.

On Tuesday morning, she's going to have an angiogram, where they
thread
a catheter from her groin into her heart, and inject dye, and take
X-rays.

She has been on anticoagulant therapy, for her other heart
problems.

SO doing this invasive procedures is not without risk. She had to
stop
taking the anticoagulant, which puts her at significant risk of a
stroke.

Also there is a significant risk of serious bleeding, and the
usual risk
of infection, which is of course more serious, for the elderly.

And hospitals are full of MRSA (methicillin resistant
Staphylococcus
aureus). My brother almost died from it; of course he picked it up
while
he was in the hospital for something relatively minor.

When they do the angiogram, we will either get very bad news, or
very,
very bad news.

So I would very, very grateful for any purrs and prayers you could
send
her way.

Thank you so much.

Lots of purrs on the way from Jake and Molly.

My mother was in a similar position, with a test recommended by the
doctors. We asked ourselves what the possible outcomes of the test
might be. And what we would do given any of those outcomes. We
elected not to have the test done.

Doctors sometimes forget this is an option. They are so intent on
the need to know, they forget to ask what will we do if we know.

Jo

Old September 14th 09, 05:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB[_2_]

Gandalf wrote:
[...]

~~~~~~~~~~~~ ^..^

- Robert Heinlein

Purrs and prayers for comfort and peace for your mother and you and all
concerned. MLB
Old September 14th 09, 08:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
bigboy

On Sep 14, 2:49*am, (Gandalf) wrote:
[...]

~~~~~~~~~~~~ *^..^

- Robert Heinlein

Many purrs and prayers are oin the way for your mom. Please keep us
advised.

BigBoy, Princess, Mr. Boots, Ms. Tigger, Sugar and Spice, and Ms. Blue
Belle
Old September 14th 09, 10:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

I will pray for your family. one good bit of news, my mom had this
procedure after a heart attack. the doctor installed stints through the same
line so she did not hav e to have a second procedure, he told her later that
many procedures can now be done this way, hope its so for your mom, Lee

Old September 15th 09, 06:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karla

"Gandalf" wrote in message
[...]

Purrs and prayers for your Mother, and extra strength healing thoughts for
you all tomorrow..
Karla

Old September 15th 09, 02:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatEyes

Purrs are heading your way from my clowder, and prayers from me for your
mom. Please let us know how things turn out.

Hugs,

CatNipped