Vet Tech Journals: I saw it coming....

Old September 23rd 09, 09:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mischief[_2_]

Default Vet Tech Journals: I saw it coming....

.....but it didn't make anything easier.

Business has been slow, enough said. When I'm at work, there's hardly
anything to do. When the supervisor himself is walking or standing
around that's not a good sign.

Then on Saturday I got a call saying that it was very dead at work and
not to come in, and they would pay me for half my shift. No one has
ever done that.

Then yesterday when I went to clock out, my time card was missing. I
was looking for it when my supervisor suddenly came from the manager's
office with it in his hand. I got a really bad feeling.

And sure enough, I got a call from the manager this morning. "As you
know in the state of california an employer has a right to terminate
any employee at will. The company is going through some changes and
we are going to exercise that right." When i tried to find out the
real reason, the manager sounded a little nervous and just said she
didn't feel comfortable going into the details.

I should have been angry, upset or something, but i just felt
disappointed. I decided to go in immediately to turn in my uniform
and pick up my last check, while I could still maintain my dignity. I
even asked about the evening supervisor position and they said that
while i was considered it was against company policy to hire within
the employees. I said goodbye and good luck to the other employees
and veterinarians and left.

I deposited my check and bought a bottle of irish liquer and Southern
comfort but i can't seem to bring myself to open them right now.

I should be angry, upset, raging with emotions, since that is the
person I am.

But right now, i just feel.....nothing....practically numb.

I have bills to be paid and i don't even have enough to pay rent. I
should be scared, nervous, agitated.

I just feel tired...

Kristi
Old September 23rd 09, 10:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Mischief wrote:

[...]

Kristi, I'm sorry you were let go. It's certainly a scary time for
that. It wasn't clear from your message, though - did they let you go
for economic reasons, because they didn't have enough work to maintain
the staff, or was there some reason more personal to you? I don't understand
why your manager would be uncomfortable if it was just an economic layoff,
that's not your fault!

Can you start collecting unemployment benefits at least?

Purrs for you to find something else asap!

Joyce

--
I'm in favor of animal liberation. Why? Because I'm an animal.
-- Edward Abbey
Old September 23rd 09, 10:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mischief[_2_]

On Sep 23, 2:13*pm, wrote:
Mischief wrote:

[...]

She wouldn't go into details. For all I know its the economy and I'd
rather believe its that than it was due to something I did.

ugh.

kristi
Old September 23rd 09, 10:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Mischief wrote:
[...]

{{{{{{{{{{{{ Kristi }}}}}}}}}}}}
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old September 24th 09, 03:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Mischief wrote:
....but it didn't make anything easier.

I'm so sorry, Kristi. We'll be purring for you to get through this.

--
Marina, Miranda and Caliban.
In loving memory of Frank and Nikki.
Old September 24th 09, 07:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Debbie Wilson

Mischief wrote:

I have bills to be paid and i don't even have enough to pay rent. I
should be scared, nervous, agitated.

I just feel tired...

Kristi I'm so sorry!! When will it ever end? Many purrs that you can
pick up work again very soon!

Deb.
--
http://www.scientific-art.com

Old September 24th 09, 09:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
NettieCat

That's bad news, I hope you find something new soon. Are there other
vets nearby?

Old September 24th 09, 03:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"Mischief" wrote in message
[...]

I'm very sorry to hear about this, Kristi. But I've never heard of any
business, big or small, that didn't choose to hire or promote from within
first. That sounds to me like a load of crap.

Jill

Old September 24th 09, 05:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
bigboy

On Sep 23, 4:55*pm, Mischief wrote:
[...]

Purrs and prayers for you to find a vet tech job ASAP!

Go out and apply for unemployment right now!

BigBoy, Princess, Mr. Boots, Ms. Tigger, Sugar and Spice, Ms. Blue
Belle and weekend mommy of Cheddar
Old September 24th 09, 07:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Mischief wrote:
[...]

I am so sorry you've lost yet another vet tech job. There must be a reason.
Have you any idea why?
Are you difficult to work with, do you have an attitude?
I'd want to know why they weren't "comfortable going into the details" Why
not? Press them on this. They have to tell you, surely, don't they?

Tweed