Too cruel?

Old May 28th 05, 08:47 PM
223rem

Default Too cruel?

I'd like to teach my two rather wimpy kittens to hunt, or at least
to give them something entertaining and instructive to do.
I want them to be more like my girlfriends' cats, that cool cat
who killed bunnies and birds.

I am considering the idea of buying several small rodents from
the pet store and releasing them in the house. I'm very curious
to see how the kittens will react. Will they give chase? I
sure hope so.

Anway, am I crazy? Cruel? More importantly, will the
kitties benefit from this 'war game'? What kind of rodent should I buy?

Thanks
Old May 28th 05, 08:56 PM
KellyH

"223rem" wrote in message
m...
I'd like to teach my two rather wimpy kittens to hunt, or at least
to give them something entertaining and instructive to do.
I want them to be more like my girlfriends' cats, that cool cat
who killed bunnies and birds.

I am considering the idea of buying several small rodents from
the pet store and releasing them in the house. I'm very curious
to see how the kittens will react. Will they give chase? I
sure hope so.

Anway, am I crazy? Cruel? More importantly, will the
kitties benefit from this 'war game'? What kind of rodent should I buy?

Thanks

Yes, I think that's cruel. You are getting those rodents from a PET store,
they are meant to be pets.
I doubt the kitties will benefit. Get them some toys, it will be the same
thing.

--
-Kelly

Old May 28th 05, 09:00 PM
Connie

I used to breed mice to feed my snake. One day I came home to their cage
being knocked over, and they were running around. My cats made several
friends that day....

m...

Old May 28th 05, 09:05 PM
bigbadbarry

223rem wrote:
I'd like to teach my two rather wimpy kittens to hunt, or at least
to give them something entertaining and instructive to do.
I want them to be more like my girlfriends' cats, that cool cat
who killed bunnies and birds.

I am considering the idea of buying several small rodents from
the pet store and releasing them in the house. I'm very curious
to see how the kittens will react. Will they give chase? I
sure hope so.

Anway, am I crazy? Cruel? More importantly, will the
kitties benefit from this 'war game'? What kind of rodent should I buy?

Thanks

I admire your honesty. Don't worry they will hunt! By instinct...it's
all built in...the very thing your wanting to teach them to do, will
become a nusiance. Yule come in the kitchen wanting some hot
coffee...still waking up, and you'll step on a cold dead bloddy
wabbit...before breakfast..

sorta like, the Godfather...big bloody scare!

Don't encourage the kids!

Old May 28th 05, 09:33 PM
Philip

KellyH wrote:
"223rem" wrote in message
m...
I'd like to teach my two rather wimpy kittens to hunt, or at least
to give them something entertaining and instructive to do.
I want them to be more like my girlfriends' cats, that cool cat
who killed bunnies and birds.

I am considering the idea of buying several small rodents from
the pet store and releasing them in the house. I'm very curious
to see how the kittens will react. Will they give chase? I
sure hope so.

Anway, am I crazy? Cruel? More importantly, will the
kitties benefit from this 'war game'? What kind of rodent should I
buy? Thanks

Yes, I think that's cruel. You are getting those rodents from a PET
store, they are meant to be pets.
I doubt the kitties will benefit. Get them some toys, it will be the
same thing.

Kelly ... somebody is holding your tail while you pull it to get free. LOL

Old May 28th 05, 09:35 PM
Joe Canuck

223rem wrote:

I'd like to teach my two rather wimpy kittens to hunt, or at least
to give them something entertaining and instructive to do.
I want them to be more like my girlfriends' cats, that cool cat
who killed bunnies and birds.

I am considering the idea of buying several small rodents from
the pet store and releasing them in the house. I'm very curious
to see how the kittens will react. Will they give chase? I
sure hope so.

Anway, am I crazy? Cruel? More importantly, will the
kitties benefit from this 'war game'? What kind of rodent should I buy?

Thanks

I suggest you also get a couple of 10 foot snakes so the kittens learn
how to avoid being prey themselves.

Old May 28th 05, 09:36 PM
Noon Cat Nick

223rem wrote:

I'd like to teach my two rather wimpy kittens to hunt, or at least
to give them something entertaining and instructive to do.
I want them to be more like my girlfriends' cats, that cool cat
who killed bunnies and birds.

I am considering the idea of buying several small rodents from
the pet store and releasing them in the house. I'm very curious
to see how the kittens will react. Will they give chase? I
sure hope so.

Anway, am I crazy? Cruel? More importantly, will the
kitties benefit from this 'war game'? What kind of rodent should I buy?

Thanks

That's entirely unnecessary. Cats are instinctively very efficient
hunters, and really don't need that sort of training. Simple little
kitty toys work just as well to help them hone those skills.

I'd also argue that it's cruel, but I won't belabor that opinion. I'll
just repeat that there's simply no need to teach them what they already
instinctively know. Remember, right now they're kittens, not full-grown
terrors of the neighborhood. They'll be hunting soon enough.
Old May 28th 05, 09:58 PM
Mary

"Joe Canuck" wrote in message
223rem wrote:

I'd like to teach my two rather wimpy kittens to hunt, or at least
to give them something entertaining and instructive to do.
I want them to be more like my girlfriends' cats, that cool cat
who killed bunnies and birds.

I am considering the idea of buying several small rodents from
the pet store and releasing them in the house. I'm very curious
to see how the kittens will react. Will they give chase? I
sure hope so.

Anway, am I crazy? Cruel? More importantly, will the
kitties benefit from this 'war game'? What kind of rodent should I buy?

Thanks

I suggest you also get a couple of 10 foot snakes so the kittens learn
how to avoid being prey themselves.

Months of being a total pain in the ass, and you let
loose with this, which makes it all worth it.

Old May 28th 05, 10:24 PM
Philip

Joe Canuck wrote:
223rem wrote:

I'd like to teach my two rather wimpy kittens to hunt, or at least
to give them something entertaining and instructive to do.
I want them to be more like my girlfriends' cats, that cool cat
who killed bunnies and birds.

I am considering the idea of buying several small rodents from
the pet store and releasing them in the house. I'm very curious
to see how the kittens will react. Will they give chase? I
sure hope so.

Anway, am I crazy? Cruel? More importantly, will the
kitties benefit from this 'war game'? What kind of rodent should I
buy? Thanks

I suggest you also get a couple of 10 foot snakes so the kittens learn
how to avoid being prey themselves.

Maybe you could get a sex partner with AIDS?

Old May 28th 05, 10:38 PM
Joe Canuck

Philip wrote:

Joe Canuck wrote:

223rem wrote:

I'd like to teach my two rather wimpy kittens to hunt, or at least
to give them something entertaining and instructive to do.
I want them to be more like my girlfriends' cats, that cool cat
who killed bunnies and birds.

I am considering the idea of buying several small rodents from
the pet store and releasing them in the house. I'm very curious
to see how the kittens will react. Will they give chase? I
sure hope so.

Anway, am I crazy? Cruel? More importantly, will the
kitties benefit from this 'war game'? What kind of rodent should I
buy? Thanks

I suggest you also get a couple of 10 foot snakes so the kittens learn
how to avoid being prey themselves.

Maybe you could get a sex partner with AIDS?

I'm a graduate of survival school.

Cruel Clever Cat: Jo Firey Cat anecdotes 5 April 23rd 05 06:59 PM
A HOUSE CAT - CRUEL OR KIND? the dog from that film you saw Cats - misc 9 December 20th 04 03:14 PM
Cruel Vet S S Cat health & behaviour 150 October 15th 04 01:38 AM
seclusion for sick cat, cruel to be kind? DaniellaY Cat health & behaviour 8 August 15th 04 08:50 PM
Cruel to be kind? Vee Cat health & behaviour 131 June 30th 04 09:34 AM