stray cat update--found owner!

Old March 8th 06, 02:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Default stray cat update--found owner!

Thanks to everyone who wrote me words of encouragement during my recent
saga of the found orange kitty. The big news is: Today I successfully
located the owner! Kitty has just been returned to him... a nice man
who had only recently adopted the cat from Animal Care & Control and
who plans to keep him safe indoors. (Yes!)

Apparently the cat had escaped about 10 days after adoption and had
been roaming around for about three weeks. His roommate saw one of my
flyers and told the owner and he called me... meanwhile I'd been
calling the guy's answering machine (which he hadn't checked in a
while) because of his report at ACC matching the cat, and then to top
it all off the microchip my vet scanned this morning confirmed that the
cat was his.

He happily reimbursed me for the money I spent on the vet check,
disease tests, advantage, and worming. The cat tested negative for FIV
& FeLV and did not show any ringworm under blacklight (whew).

I was sad to see this wonderfully friendly little cat go, but my two
cats were pretty happy about it I think. I feel better now that I've
met the owner and can see he really cares and did not dump the cat. In
fact he had adopted it because his cat of 10 years had died of cancer
before Christmas, so he is a cat person.

Thanks for everyone's advice...I worked hard to find the owner and it
happened! I hope someone would do the same for me if one of my little
monsters got out!

Old March 8th 06, 02:16 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

"furfin" wrote in message
oups.com...
Thanks to everyone who wrote me words of encouragement during my recent
saga of the found orange kitty. The big news is: Today I successfully
located the owner! Kitty has just been returned to him... a nice man
who had only recently adopted the cat from Animal Care & Control and
who plans to keep him safe indoors. (Yes!)

Super! A happy ending. Nice work.

Old March 8th 06, 05:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

[...]

Good to hear you found he had an owner, although it is a little sad for you
(but your two kitties are probably partying over it). Great too that he was
okay about reimbursing you and also that he's going to keep him indoors;
sounds like a decent guy.

NanCe

Old March 8th 06, 10:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

"furfin" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

This is wonderful news. So often, a cat like you described has been
neglected or abandoned, and it is a great relief to read about the different
set of circumstances for this cat. The fact that this man readily
reimbursed you is a *very* good sign that he really wants the cat and will
care for it, and this experience will probably motivate him to take extra
precautions against "escape" in the future. Your time and effort were well
spent!

MaryL

Old March 8th 06, 02:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

"furfin" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Well done! I love to read stories like this.

Phil

Old March 8th 06, 04:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Wish all stray cat stories had such a wonderful ending!

--
Barb
Of course I don't look busy,