KFC latest news: The Groom-a-thon :-) this might be long..

Old August 18th 08, 06:44 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

Default KFC latest news: The Groom-a-thon :-) this might be long..

On Aug 15, 11:56�pm, wrote:
On Aug 15, 1:23�pm, (Debbie Wilson) wrote:

wrote:
I was very specific that it not be a flea shampoo. Please read and
comprehend.

Please do not patronise me. I saw exactly what you wrote, but I do not
think you should be recommending *any* dog shampoo for use on a cat at
all, flea type or not, and I've already given reasons why.

The shampoo I recommended is formulated for use in dogs and cats:http://www.petco.com/product/7128/To...nsitive-Skin-F...

And if you read her recent response, she purchased a shampoo that is
not appropriate for her cat and you said nothing.

I saw that too, and I said nothing because I then checked the
ingredients of that one against the one I recommended on the Johnson's
website, and the listed ingredients are identical.

And yet you are still recommending the use of a human product that is
not for use on animals (for reasons stated not just by me, but by
several sources) despite the fact that there are plenty of better
options. It's not like she lives in BFE and does not have access to a
pet store. �She's taken her cat to the vet and no doubt could obtain
an appropriate shampoo from the clinic. She obviously has internet
access and could order something online as well.

I have written my considered opinion several times now and will not be
repeating it again. Tweed is an intelligent woman and can make her own
decisions on how to care for KFC based on this thread, I am sure.

Well, I hope she is intelliegent enough to go with accurate
information that has been backed up by several sources as opposed to
listening to someone who insists in recommending a product that is not
meant to be used on animals and can be irritating.

Just to present both sides of the debate, you've given two sources.
You can't really take
Wikipedia all that seriously, considering *anyone*, qualified or not,
can either contribute or edit
information. The other source sells cat shampoo. Out of curiosity, I
googled, too; and it looks
like there are dozens and dozens of websites that *recommend* baby
shampoo.

But it's all kind of moot, don't you think? It could be true that baby
shampoo is drying to the skin,
but the little old girl isn't going to be groomed regularly. Sounds
like she just needs a one-time
beauty session. I believe Tweed has mentioned her fur is very oily
anyway. IMO, since KFC may
not co-operate fully, I think it's great that the shampoo is tear-
less. A one-time bath with a shampoo
mild enough for infants isn't going to hurt her.

Sherry

Old August 18th 08, 08:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

On Aug 18, 12:44*am, Sherry wrote:
On Aug 15, 11:56 pm, wrote:

Just to present both sides of the debate, you've given two sources.

No, I gave three. The third was in the same post and was from the LA
SPCA. I also recently added a fourth from a veterinary clinic.

You can't really take
Wikipedia all that seriously, considering *anyone*, qualified or not,
can either contribute or edit
information. The other source sells cat shampoo. Out of curiosity, I
googled, too; and it looks
like there are dozens and dozens of websites that *recommend* baby
shampoo.

The few recs you mention that I've seen are from links to discussions
between or by laymen who obviously don't know any better. I haven't
found any reputable sites that recommend it .

But it's all kind of moot, don't you think? It could be true that baby
shampoo is drying to the skin,
but the little old girl isn't going to be groomed regularly. Sounds
like she just needs a one-time
beauty session. I believe Tweed has mentioned her fur is very oily
anyway.

But part of the problem is that using a human shampoo will likely make
the oily problem worse. It is the wrong ph and will dry out the skin
(and possibly make her quite itchy, which is the last thing she
needs), which in turn will result in increased oil production and the
original problem could become worse. This is a concern.
Old August 18th 08, 03:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

wrote in message

Do you always call people *you have never had interaction with* nasty
names from the get-go? Is this how you treat people you meet in
person? How sad that you choose to be this way towards someone whose
only agenda here is to provide accurate information for the sole
purpose of making sure that an elderly cat is treated properly.

I think Tweed noticed your advice the first two or three times you posted
it - I can avow that she *doesn't* have a reading comprehension problem. At
that point I think it was up to Tweed to weigh that advice with any other
sources that she chooses (including her vet whose care and advice helped KFC
reach 24 -25 years of age).

Any arguing beyond this point is simply an "I'm right and you're wrong"
name-calling marathon.

Tail Twitches,

CatNipped

Old August 18th 08, 04:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

I'm not responding to the disagreement about the shampoo. I will decide
what I think is best for her. ~ that is due to my intelligence. Sometimes
I am so intelligent that I surprise myself at being able to decide what
best to do ;-)

Tweed

Oh, but Tweed, you may have misread it the first 5 or 6 times she posted it!
;

Chin Skritches,

CatNipped ----- running and ducking

Old August 18th 08, 05:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL

"CatNipped" wrote in message
wrote in message

Do you always call people *you have never had interaction with* nasty
names from the get-go? Is this how you treat people you meet in
person? How sad that you choose to be this way towards someone whose
only agenda here is to provide accurate information for the sole
purpose of making sure that an elderly cat is treated properly.

I think Tweed noticed your advice the first two or three times you posted
it - I can avow that she *doesn't* have a reading comprehension problem.
At that point I think it was up to Tweed to weigh that advice with any
other sources that she chooses (including her vet whose care and advice
helped KFC reach 24 -25 years of age).

Any arguing beyond this point is simply an "I'm right and you're wrong"
name-calling marathon.

Tail Twitches,

CatNipped

CN, I just started to read this thread. However, one thing I noticed is
that the message you are responding to was actually posted in response to
Gracecat's message (not to Tweed).

MaryL

Old August 18th 08, 06:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

. ..

"CatNipped" wrote in message
wrote in message

[...]

I know. Basically I was just responding to "tripsovercats" need to keep
arguing an issue to the point of redundant redundancy! ;

Nose Kisses,

CatNipped

Old August 18th 08, 06:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

On Aug 18, 9:53*am, "CatNipped" wrote:
wrote in message

Do you always call people *you have never had interaction with* nasty
names from the get-go? Is this how you treat people you meet in
person? *How sad that you choose to be this way towards someone whose
only agenda here is to provide accurate information for the sole
purpose of making sure that an elderly cat is treated properly.

I think Tweed noticed your advice the first two or three times you posted
it - I can avow that she *doesn't* have a reading comprehension problem.

Apparently *you* do. I have posted a response directly to Christina
exactly ONCE in this discussion. Not 5 or 6 times as your overinflated
misrepresentation of the facts claims. Anything else I have written
has been in response to replies to my posts.

Old August 18th 08, 06:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

On Aug 18, 9:53�am, "CatNipped" wrote:

Any arguing beyond this point is simply an "I'm right and you're wrong"
name-calling marathon.

Tail Twitches,

CatNipped

That was my thought also.
My second thought was that "I'm bored" is a lame excuse to start, or
continue
a name-calling marathon in an otherwise usually pleasant newsgroup.
Especially
when arguing appeared to offend their sensibilities terribly not too
long ago.

Bottom line is, Tweed's a smart cookie and will always do what's best,
given her
circumstances and choices.

Sherry
Old August 18th 08, 06:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

wrote in message

Do you always call people *you have never had interaction with* nasty
names from the get-go? Is this how you treat people you meet in
person? How sad that you choose to be this way towards someone whose
only agenda here is to provide accurate information for the sole
purpose of making sure that an elderly cat is treated properly.

I think Tweed noticed your advice the first two or three times you posted
it - I can avow that she *doesn't* have a reading comprehension problem.

Apparently *you* do. I have posted a response directly to Christina
exactly ONCE in this discussion. Not 5 or 6 times as your overinflated
misrepresentation of the facts claims. Anything else I have written
has been in response to replies to my posts.

FTR, I didn't say you posted it *to* Tweed, just that you posted it.

Tail Twitches,

CatNipped

Old August 18th 08, 06:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

On Aug 18, 12:48*pm, "CatNipped" wrote:
FTR, I didn't say you posted it *to* Tweed, just that you posted it.

The implication was clear and you knew exactly what you were doing.
It's well known that you misrepresent, overinflate and exaggerate and
have been doing so for years. I've witnessed your behavior many times.