Shadow visits her old home

Old September 7th 09, 11:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

Default Shadow visits her old home

It was dark and rainy when I got home late today. I'd left work late after a
day on my feet, and had to pick up some groceries on the way. I had ran out
of coffee on Saturday and was no doubt *very* unpleasant to be around for
the whole of Sunday. Despite drinking twice as many cups of tea as I
normally do coffee to keep up the blood caffeine level at 'reasonable'
levels, discovered that tea just ain't the same as the addiction of choice,
and Joel not unreasonably *demanded* I went to the supermarket *before*
coming home to pick up some coffee "and while I was there" a few other
staples.

So I'm tired, strung out, late and getting crankier with each raindrop
dripping icicly down my back whilst I unload the groceries. I'm feeling
miserable and sorry for myself, and thinking dark and depressing thoughts
when I heard an unmistakable 'Rrrow?'

"Shadow!!!" I dropped the grocery bag, turned around and saw my white fluffy
girl. She raced straight up to me meowing and trilling excitedly. I scooped
her up and covered her pretty little head in kisses, shopping forgotten.

My arms full, and not willing to let go, I both crooned to her and scolded
her softley for running away whilest kicking at the front door so that
someone would open it for me. I didnt want to try to fumble for my keys or
risk dropping her by knocking.

Joel opened the door and said "What have we here???" - he took her out of my
arms and I could see that besides slightly wet muddy paws, as one would
expect on a wet night, she was clean, dry, burr-free, and looking well fed.
She continued to chirp, trill and meow like she was telling us all she'd
been up to.

We both went into the house, groceries completely abandoned and the boot
(trunk) happily collecting rainwater. She was fussed over, scritched, loved
and worshipped as is fit for a princess of her stature, and she accepted all
the attention without a hiss, growl or scratch (unusual for her).
Eventually, though, domestic reality had to overcome the joy of having my
baby home and I remembered the groceries, now suitably soggy outside.

As I opened the front door FLASH! the furry white streak that was Shadow
dashed once more into the dark. She dashed u the driveway, and turned left.
Just at before she was out of sight, she stopped, turned around like she was
taking one last look at the place, and then ran out of sight.

I think she came to say that she's gonna be OK. I don't know where she is,
exactly, but it must be warm and dry, doesn't have burrs, and has a
plentiful food supply. I hope its in a loving home, but if not, thats
obviously the life she has chosen for herself, and I hope that its truly
what she wants.

I also hope that no matter where she is now calling home, that she knows
she's always welcome to visit "the old place" whenever she likes.

Yowie
--
If you're paddling upstream in a canoe and a wheel falls off, how many
pancakes can you fit in a doghouse? None, icecream doesn't have bones.

Old September 7th 09, 12:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mark Edwards

No cluons were harmed when Yowie wrote:
I think she came to say that she's gonna be OK. I don't know where she
is, exactly, but it must be warm and dry, doesn't have burrs, and has
a plentiful food supply. I hope its in a loving home

Oh pleasepleaseplease let it be so. We're purring and praying that she's
found her happy place.

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark
--
Proof of Sanity Forged Upon Request

Old September 7th 09, 02:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_2_]

"Yowie" wrote in message
[...]

What a maddening little girl. Purrs that she remains well and safe.

--
Theresa and Dante

Stinky Forever: http://pets.webshots.com/album/125591586JWEFwh

Old September 7th 09, 03:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

"Yowie" wrote in message
[...]

When a cat disappears, I feel like the worst part is the not
knowing. I'd say in Shadow's case you now at least know enough.
I'd bet she will be back for visits and you will learn where she has
decided to live.

Jo

Old September 7th 09, 06:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
BfloPolska

On Sep 7, 6:35*am, "Yowie" wrote:

I think she came to say that she's gonna be OK. I don't know where she is,
exactly, but it must be warm and dry, doesn't have burrs, and has a
plentiful food supply. I hope its in a loving home, but if not, thats
obviously the life she has chosen for herself, and I hope that its truly
what she wants.

I also hope that no matter where she is now calling home, that she knows
she's always welcome to visit "the old place" whenever she likes.

I think if she's in a new place the servants there obviously love her
and look after her, otherwise she wouldn't be so robust and her coat
wouldn't be in good shape. You're lucky, Yowie; your little one came
to let you know she's doing well. So many of us just don't know. I
think you may have a semi-regular houseguest for a long time to come,
and purrs will continue for her safety and good love.

Blessed be,
Baha
Old September 7th 09, 06:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

On Sep 7, 6:35*am, "Yowie" wrote:

I also hope that no matter where she is now calling home, that she knows
she's always welcome to visit "the old place" whenever she likes.

I bet she does and I bet she takes advantage of the welcome every once
in awhile.
"Let's just be friends" is tough but it can work.

--
Will in New Haven
Old September 8th 09, 12:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

"Yowie" wrote:
I think she came to say that she's gonna be OK. I don't know where she is,
exactly, but it must be warm and dry, doesn't have burrs, and has a
plentiful food supply. I hope its in a loving home, but if not, thats
obviously the life she has chosen for herself, and I hope that its truly
what she wants.

I also hope that no matter where she is now calling home, that she knows
she's always welcome to visit "the old place" whenever she likes.

That's wonderful! I guess she can take care of herself.

I have one idea for her - I'd prepare a collar with your number and a
message on it, for the next time you find her. Maybe in time, you can
figure out what her network is.
Old September 8th 09, 04:41 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Yowie wrote:

I also hope that no matter where she is now calling home, that she knows
she's always welcome to visit "the old place" whenever she likes.

I'm so glad she came to visit and showed you she is doing well. It does
sound like she has found a good home somewhere in the vicinity.

--
Marina, Miranda and Caliban.
In loving memory of Frank and Nikki.
Old September 8th 09, 07:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

You must have been awash with mixed emotions - relieved to know she's all
right, happy to have a chance to express your love for her again, sad that
she left again but relieved that she has obviously found a home that
apparently is a better fit for her than yours turned out to be. I'm glad
she let you know she's okay, and I hope she will come back for occasional
visits. Hugs for the pain you're feeling, even though it's bound to be less
than what you've been experiencing the past few days.

Joy

Old September 8th 09, 03:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
bigboy

On Sep 7, 6:35*am, "Yowie" wrote:
[...]

Please help Shadow find a new home Yowie Cat anecdotes 2 August 25th 09 03:24 PM
Shadow is home Yowie Cat anecdotes 27 July 23rd 09 11:11 PM
Sam Visits TED Marina Cat anecdotes 8 August 22nd 06 03:26 AM
Sam Visits TED Monique Y. Mudama Cat anecdotes 3 August 21st 06 11:30 PM
Shadow RB Emergency Purrs for Shadow Victor Martinez Cat anecdotes 16 July 14th 04 05:47 AM