Ping Joyce

Old September 9th 09, 05:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
BfloPolska

Default Ping Joyce

Any word on Sugarpie? Sabrina was purring up a storm this morning!

Blessed be,
Baha
Old September 9th 09, 07:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Default UPDATE: Sugarpie (was: Ping Joyce)

BfloPolska wrote:

Any word on Sugarpie? Sabrina was purring up a storm this morning!

Thanks for asking! I do have an update, but I've been reluctant to
post it for fear of jinxing Sugarpie's recovery. (There you have it,
my secret superstitious nature. )

Anyway, YES, she's doing better! As of yesterday, she is home from
the hospital and has started eating again. The vets still don't have
an official diagnosis for her, and they may never have one. It could
be pancreatitis (is that going around or something??), or it could be
a bacterial infection, or an "unknown" virus. Not all the test results
were in at the time of the last post I got, but maybe there will be
more news soon.

So I don't know if she's completely out of the woods, but she has
definitely improved. I'm "cautiously relieved" for her poor human. This
woman has been battling severe clinical depression for several years
now. Sugarpie and her littermate were the bright spots in her life,
and the littermate died very suddenly last year. She was devastated,
as you can imagine. She's so attached to Sugarpie that I think she'd
be crushed if she lost her, too.

So if you will, please keep up the purrs. I haven't met Sugarpie in
person, but I've seen a photo of her - she's a beautiful siamese/tabby
mix. I'm really hoping she pulls through.

Joyce

--
Excuse for Not Doing One's Homework:
My pit bull, here, ate it. -- J.D. Berry, Springfield
Old September 9th 09, 07:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

I'm glad to hear this good news. The purrs will definitely continue.

--
Joy

Quit worrying about your health. It'll go away.

Old September 9th 09, 08:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
BfloPolska

On Sep 9, 2:26*pm, wrote:
BfloPolska wrote:

* Any word on Sugarpie? Sabrina was purring up a storm this morning!

Thanks for asking! I do have an update, but I've been reluctant to
post it for fear of jinxing Sugarpie's recovery. (There you have it,
my secret superstitious nature. )

Anyway, YES, she's doing better! As of yesterday, she is home from
the hospital and has started eating again.

Best news I've heard all day! Purrs continuing!

Blessed be,
Baha
Old September 9th 09, 09:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dberrycat

On Sep 9, 2:26*pm, wrote:
snip

Anyway, YES, she's doing better! As of yesterday, she is home from
the hospital and has started eating again. The vets still don't have
an official diagnosis for her, and they may never have one. It could
be pancreatitis (is that going around or something??), or it could be
a bacterial infection, or an "unknown" virus. Not all the test results
were in at the time of the last post I got, but maybe there will be
more news soon.

snip
Joyce

I'm so glad to hear that Sugarpie is improving. After going through
that
pancreatitis stuff with Sabrina I can definitely sympathize with your
friend. Purrs that the improvement continues and her appetite returns
to normal.

Debbie
Old September 10th 09, 03:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
bigboy

On Sep 9, 2:26*pm, wrote:
BfloPolska wrote:

[...]

Many purrs and prayers for Sugarpie and her human.

BigBoy, Princess, Mr. Boots, Ms. Tigger, Sugar and Spice and Ms. Blue
Belle

Ping Joyce Winnie Cat anecdotes 1 October 9th 08 12:35 AM
[OT] Ping Joyce Randy Cat anecdotes 6 June 16th 06 07:54 PM
PING Joyce Marina Cat anecdotes 1 May 16th 06 08:05 AM
PING: Joyce Gizela Cat anecdotes 1 October 29th 03 01:12 AM