Fancy Feast - Goods Sales Ploy

Old April 17th 07, 03:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Lynne

Default Fancy Feast - Goods Sales Ploy

on Mon, 16 Apr 2007 19:18:22 GMT, "Cat Protector"
wrote:

This group watches everyone because it's obvious many of you need to
get a life. I don't see how abusing and attacking people actually does
any good. It seems to me that many of you are acting like children and
resorting to name calling because someone like myself chooses not
share your views. By attacking others it only makes you look bad. So,
why not grow up and keep this thing on an adult level.

Ooooh, now you're a net nanny, too!

Sheese.

--
Lynne
Old April 17th 07, 03:37 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Lynne

Default Canned Food Nutrition Comparison was Fancy Feast - Goods Sales Ploy

on Tue, 17 Apr 2007 02:34:44 GMT, "Matthew"
wrote:

Lynne I got tired of him. I kill filed him his stupidity was making my
stomach turn

I'm still having fun with him. Forgive me!

--
Lynne
Old April 17th 07, 05:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Sherry

On Apr 16, 2:13 pm, "Cat Protector" wrote:
I fed my cats a lot of different brands even holistic ones. When one of my
cats came down with a UTI, I ended up going totally holistic which was a
long time ago. Regardless, I'm getting pretty tired of all the abuse going
on here on this list. It seems many here can't go 1 minute without trying to
abuse someone or call them names.

--
Cat Galaxy: All Cats! All The Time!www.catgalaxymedia.com

OK, CP, now you're just telling whoppers. I remember when Icarus came
down
with a UTI and you fed him Science Diet prescription. I also remember
you
switching them to Purina One. I remember this specifically because I
was impressed you made the jump all the way from Special Kitty to P1.
That was NOT more than a year ago you were feeding Purina One. Don't
make me google again.
Neither Science Diet nor Purina One are "holistic" foods. What's your
definition
of holistic anyway?

Sherry

Old April 17th 07, 08:36 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Meghan Noecker

On Mon, 16 Apr 2007 12:18:22 -0700, "Cat Protector"
wrote:

This group watches everyone because it's obvious many of you need to get a
life. I don't see how abusing and attacking people actually does any good.
It seems to me that many of you are acting like children and resorting to
name calling because someone like myself chooses not share your views. By
attacking others it only makes you look bad. So, why not grow up and keep
this thing on an adult level.

You attack people just as much as anybody else. You responded to
several of my posts, claimed my cats were overweight (they aren't) and
never answered any of my questions to back up your claims. You dropped
the subject when I replied yet again that my cats are not overweight.

I am always open to trying better things, but I am not going to try
something or give up something based on an opinion from somebody who
cannot back their claims.

On the topic of canned foods, what high quality premium foods are
available in 3 oz cans? I have two cats that cannot finsih off a 3 oz
can at one time and refuse to eat saved leftovers. As of now, the
higest quality food I can find in a 3 oz can is Fancy Feast. I don't
want to buy larger cans and throw most of it out.

Old April 17th 07, 08:44 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Meghan Noecker

On Mon, 16 Apr 2007 00:10:04 -0700, "Cat Protector"
wrote:

"Tuna, Fish Broth, Chicken, Chicken Liver, Whitefish, Brown Rice, Sweet
Potatoes, Carrots, Eggs, Broccoli, Wild Rice, Cranberries, Blueberries,
Yellow Squash, Dicalcium Phosphate, Lecithin, Potassium Chloride, Sea Salt,
Guar Gum, Carrageenan Gum, Zinc Amino Acid Complex, Iron Amino Acid Complex,
Sodium Selenite, Manganese Amino Acid Complex (source of Chelated
Manganese), Copper Amino Acid Complex, Calcium Iodate, Vitamin A Acetate,
Vitamin D-3, Vitamin E, Vitamin B-12, Riboflavin, Niacin, Calcium
Pantothenate, Choline Chloride, Folic Acid, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride,
Thiamine Mononitriate, Biotin, Taurine."

Brown Rice, Sweet, Potatoes, Carrots, Broccoli, Wild Rice,
Cranberries, Blueberries, Yellow Squash,

What use are any of these for cats? Why are they in the food?

What country are they are from? Wouldn't it be just eas easy for them
to get contaiminated rice as it was for all those foods with
contaminated wheat gluten?

Old April 17th 07, 04:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
CatNipped

"Cat Protector" wrote in message
Ok you want proof. I invite you to read the labels between the holistic
brands and FF. You will see a big difference in quality.

Telling someone to read the labels of "holistic" foods and FF is not proof -
if for no other reason than you do not specify *WHICH* "holistic cat food
you mean. There are dozens of brands of "holistic" food offered, each with
a different set of ingredients, but most of them carp that's labeled
"holistic" to dupe fools like you.

Also, I have serious doubts that you shell out the bucks for a decent diet
for your cats when I've read your posts about "cost saving", some about cat
food: http://tinyurl.com/2z7gr6, some about using the Humane Society for
your cats' vacs so you wouldn't have to pay the cost of an physical
examination, http://tinyurl.com/25vlsl, some about using human toothpaste to
save a buck on cat toothpaste: http://tinyurl.com/2a2h94, and I quote:

"I am now attempting to get in the habit of brushing my cats teeth and am
wondering if I can use a regular toothbrush and what non-harmful toothpaste
I can use for them? I would buy the toothpaste they have at Petsmart but
they wanted a little too much money. Can our human toothpaste be used for
cats?" You then went on for several posts defending your cheapness.

Finally, tell me *EXACTLY* what brand of "holistic" cat food you mean and
*THEN* I will be able to read for myself the differences in quality. Until
then you have not proved that you know your ass from a hole in the ground.

I, on the other hand, *HAVE* read the labels of the foods I feem my cats,
Fancy Feast "pate" varieties - and I've posted it here at least a few times
(http://www.possibleplaces.com/fancy_feast_values/), but since you seem
incapable of learning, I don't guess posting it again here will do the least
bit of good.

CatNipped

Old April 17th 07, 04:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
body sweat

On Apr 17, 11:14 am, "CatNipped" wrote:

http://tinyurl.com/2z7gr6, some about using the Humane Society for
your cats' vacs so you wouldn't have to pay the cost of an physical
examination
http://tinyurl.com/25vlsl, some about using human toothpaste to
save a buck on cat toothpaste:http://tinyurl.com/2a2h94, and I quote:

"I am now attempting to get in the habit of brushing my cats teeth and am
wondering if I can use a regular toothbrush and what non-harmful toothpaste
I can use for them? I would buy the toothpaste they have at Petsmart but
they wanted a little too much money. Can our human toothpaste be used for
cats?" You then went on for several posts defending your cheapness.

damn woman, lol

Hello CatNipped.

I love your site! Sammy is a huuuuge cat. I bet he's one big hug.

Old April 17th 07, 04:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Sherry

wrote:

[...]

I don't get it either, Meghan. I mean, it sounds all nice and
appetizing, much more
so than the average bag of catfood ingredients. But I always wonder if
it's a
marketing thing aimed more at the human with the checkbook than the
cat.
I'm pretty gullible though, and easy to convince. I wish someone here
would
explain why NUTRITIONALLY cat food has vegetables now (*organic* ones,
no less).
Using the manufacturer of the food as a source for info doesn't
count!! :-)

Sherry

Old April 17th 07, 04:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
CatNipped

"body sweat" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Apr 17, 11:14 am, "CatNipped" wrote:

http://tinyurl.com/2z7gr6, some about using the Humane Society for
your cats' vacs so you wouldn't have to pay the cost of an physical
examination
http://tinyurl.com/25vlsl, some about using human toothpaste to
save a buck on cat toothpaste:http://tinyurl.com/2a2h94, and I quote:

"I am now attempting to get in the habit of brushing my cats teeth and am
wondering if I can use a regular toothbrush and what non-harmful
toothpaste
I can use for them? I would buy the toothpaste they have at Petsmart but
they wanted a little too much money. Can our human toothpaste be used for
cats?" You then went on for several posts defending your cheapness.

damn woman, lol

Hello CatNipped.

I love your site! Sammy is a huuuuge cat. I bet he's one big hug.

*She* (Sammy is short for Samantha) is huge - we don't call her Samazon for
nothing! ;

Regarding CP - he's an ass and most sensible people here have him killfiled
(guess that means I'm not sensible, but then again unlike CP I don't claim
to be all-knowing and all-powerful!!!).

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old April 17th 07, 05:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
CatNipped

ups.com...

wrote:

[...]

All anyone need do is think about cats and where they came from for a few
minutes....

Cats evolved in a desert climate. They had very little plant material and
almost no free water in their environment. They got all the "by-products"
they needed from their prey - and their prey, being composed of appx. 75%
water, filled their hydration needs.

Cats are "obligate carnivores" (obligate meaning obliged, or forced, to a
meat-only diet). About 95% of the vegetable matter put into cat food is
there only for "filler" - it mostly just passes through cats' digestive
system without being absorbed into or used by their bodies (so that
percentage of the food you buy does nothing except fill the litter box with
more crap - that's why people are so surprised by how much less they have to
scoop when they switch to a premium cat food). Dry cat food commercials
make me laugh when they show beautiful carrots and other veggies that may
appeal to a cat's owner, but not to a cat.

Since cats were not evolved to drink their water, they mostly don't drink
enough when they are fed dry food (thus the high incidence of kidney and
urinary tract problems for cats fed a dry-only diet). Since canned cat food
is composed of appx. 75% water, this meets their hydration needs perfectly.

Oops, off my soapbox now - sorry for the lecture Sherry, you probably
already know all this!

Hugs,

CatNipped