'Thatcher dead' text sparks fears

Old November 13th 09, 05:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Default 'Thatcher dead' text sparks fears

A misconstrued text message announcing the passing of a beloved pet has
sparked a flurry of diplomatic activity in Canada.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/8358544.stm
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old November 13th 09, 05:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_5_]

Adrian wrote:
A misconstrued text message announcing the passing of a beloved pet has
sparked a flurry of diplomatic activity in Canada.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/8358544.stm

I heard about that. There was a big gala dinner in Toronto with all the
top political figures including the PM, and this rumour started circulating.

Our current PM is Conservative, too, and although much influenced by
American conservatives, he probably is also an admirer of Lady Thatcher,
and would certainly have wanted to acknowledge her passing - although
probably not prematurely!

--
Cheryl
Old November 13th 09, 11:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
me

Adrian wrote:
A misconstrued text message announcing the passing of a beloved pet has
sparked a flurry of diplomatic activity in Canada.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/8358544.stm

Sorry that the cat passed away but this guy has no business being in
government and should be locked up for life in a jail or even better an
insane asylum:

Embarrassed aide Dimitri Soudas had reportedly already started preparing
an official statement mourning the passing of the Iron Lady.

"If the cat wasn't dead, I'd have killed it by now," Mr Soudas is
reported to have said of the 16-year-old grey tabby.

Old November 14th 09, 08:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On Nov 13, 3:35*pm, Jack Campin - bogus address
wrote:

Unfortunate timing of it had been true - Canadians would probably
have already shot off their year's supply of fireworks by now.

As Jim the Gardener said when I told him about it "Poor cat pity it
wasn't the other way round"

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old November 14th 09, 09:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell[_2_]

"me" wrote in message
Adrian wrote:
A misconstrued text message announcing the passing of a beloved pet has
sparked a flurry of diplomatic activity in Canada.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/8358544.stm

Sorry that the cat passed away but this guy has no business being in
government and should be locked up for life in a jail or even better an
insane asylum:

Embarrassed aide Dimitri Soudas had reportedly already started preparing
an official statement mourning the passing of the Iron Lady.

"If the cat wasn't dead, I'd have killed it by now," Mr Soudas is reported
to have said of the 16-year-old grey tabby.

But why? A cat is far more important than Mrs Thatcher IMO.

Tweed

Sparks! jmcquown Cat anecdotes 18 January 28th 07 12:35 PM
Is my cat dead? BuZZard Cat health & behaviour 13 March 9th 05 12:09 PM
test no text Ann Cat rescue 0 December 19th 04 08:13 PM
The 'Dead' Cat RobZip Cat health & behaviour 156 August 30th 04 07:34 AM
Went in for X-Ray, came out with dead cat Mary Cat health & behaviour 67 September 12th 03 11:41 PM