Bedtime routine

Old August 24th 12, 06:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
---MIKE---

Default Bedtime routine

About 9 PM I turn off the TV, go use the love glove on Amber and tell
her how good and beautiful she is. Then I head down stairs and tell her
it's time for Friskies (indoor delights), a snack that she likes. She
goes down stairs and I give her a sample. Tiger is there and he wants
some too. Then Amber goes to the bedroom and jumps (using a step-stool)
up on the bed for the night. After brushing my teeth, I give her a good
night kiss and get into bed. I tell her how happy I am that she is on
the bed and I hope she will stay all night (she usually does). Then I
turn off the light.

---MIKE---

In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44� 15' N - Elevation 1580')

Old August 26th 12, 08:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"---MIKE---" wrote in message
About 9 PM I turn off the TV, go use the love glove on Amber and tell
her how good and beautiful she is. Then I head down stairs and tell her
it's time for Friskies (indoor delights), a snack that she likes. She
goes down stairs and I give her a sample. Tiger is there and he wants
some too. Then Amber goes to the bedroom and jumps (using a step-stool)
up on the bed for the night. After brushing my teeth, I give her a good
night kiss and get into bed. I tell her how happy I am that she is on
the bed and I hope she will stay all night (she usually does). Then I
turn off the light.

---MIKE---

--------
You go to bed at 9 pm? Isn't it still light?
I rarely go to bed until 12 or 1. Boyfie will not be joining me as I am a
bad sleeper. He's not like a whippet that you can put in your bed like a
hot water bottle, they never move until you wake up, and even then they
don't want to get up when you do. They stretch and say "oh please, not
just yet.."
I sleep very badly without a whippet in my bed.

Old August 28th 12, 04:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
news[_3_]

"---MIKE---" wrote in message
About 9 PM I turn off the TV, go use the love glove on Amber and tell
her how good and beautiful she is.

"Love glove" is a euphemism for condom!

Old August 28th 12, 07:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jane[_3_]

On Monday, August 27, 2012 10:05:38 AM UTC-4, Judith Latham wrote:
In article , Christina Websell wrote: "---MIKE---" wrote in message ... About 9 PM I turn off the TV, go use the love glove on Amber and tell her how good and beautiful she is. Then I head down stairs and tell her it's time for Friskies (indoor delights), a snack that she likes. She goes down stairs and I give her a sample. Tiger is there and he wants some too. Then Amber goes to the bedroom and jumps (using a step-stool) up on the bed for the night. After brushing my teeth, I give her a good night kiss and get into bed. I tell her how happy I am that she is on the bed and I hope she will stay all night (she usually does). Then I turn off the light. ---MIKE--- -------- You go to bed at 9 pm? Isn't it still light? I rarely go to bed until 12 or 1. Boyfie will not be joining me as I am a bad sleeper. He's not like a whippet that you can put in your bed like a hot water bottle, they never move until you wake up, and even then they don't want to get up when you do. They stretch and say "oh please, not just yet.." I sleep very badly without a whippet in my bed. A whippet sounds a good bed mate. We tend to go to bed early. DH will go at eight o'clock if he feels tired. He goes up to watch tv and I follow when I'm ready. I usually have a session on my computer and play with Sootie. (that's another reason why DH goes up. There's only so much of watching the ping pong ball go around the room with Sootie chasing it and us playing chase around the room he can take after a tiring day at work.) I go up about 9.30, sometimes we have a bottle of wine and some supper. By that time everything is done and we can relax. If Sootie is out I do come down at intervals to see if she's ready to come in but usually she is in and pottering about. There's really no difference in watching tv in bed or in the sitting room, except that you're already undressed when you're ready to sleep. We don't settle down to sleep until about 11.15 though. Judith -- Judith Latham Stourbridge, West Midlands. UK.

Since I get up between 3:30am and 4am, bedtime comes very very early, usually around 8pm at the latest. Yes, it's often still light out, but after 16 years of night shift, I could sleep in the middle of broad daylight in Grand Central Station. Not a problem. It's dark when I close my eyes, anyway.. LOL

Anyway, Rita insists that I start out the night on my left side, and I prop a pillow in front of me. She lets me pet her for awhile, then lays down with her back to the pillow and her head laying on my left arm, which is stretched out. Then she reaches up and puts one of her paws in my hand, so we're holding hands. I usually pet her gently and rub her belly while she stretches out as long as she can get, and purrs loudly. After about 10 minutes, she leaves. Sometimes she joins me again when I roll over to the other side.

When I hurt my shoulder and couldn't lay on my left side for a couple of weeks, she was a very disturbed cat, because our routine was screwed up so badly. Poor baby.

Jane
- owned and operated by the Princess Rita
Old August 30th 12, 12:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 8/24/2012 1:30 PM, ---MIKE--- wrote:
About 9 PM I turn off the TV, go use the love glove on Amber and tell
her how good and beautiful she is. Then I head down stairs and tell her
it's time for Friskies (indoor delights), a snack that she likes. She
goes down stairs and I give her a sample. Tiger is there and he wants
some too. Then Amber goes to the bedroom and jumps (using a step-stool)
up on the bed for the night. After brushing my teeth, I give her a good
night kiss and get into bed. I tell her how happy I am that she is on
the bed and I hope she will stay all night (she usually does). Then I
turn off the light.

---MIKE---

In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44� 15' N - Elevation 1580')

Similar except I only have one cat, Persia. When I go in at night to
get ready for bed, while I'm brushing my teeth she trots in for a bit of
kibble and a drink of water. She uses her litter box which is in the
master bathroom. When I get in bed she uses her kitty steps to join me
on the bed. I give her some scritches and tell her I love her, then
turn off the light.

When she was younger she'd stay there with me all night. As she's
gotten older she doesn't necessarily sleep with me the whole time. But
she's right there again by 6AM, ready to tap me on the nose the minute
she thinks I'm about to wake up

Jill
Old August 30th 12, 12:36 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 8/28/2012 11:23 AM, news wrote:
"---MIKE---" wrote in message
About 9 PM I turn off the TV, go use the love glove on Amber and tell
her how good and beautiful she is.

"Love glove" is a euphemism for condom!

What are you, 12? It's a cat grooming tool. Sheesh.

Jill
Old August 30th 12, 10:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

Jane wrote:

Anyway, Rita insists that I start out the night on my left side, and
I prop a pillow in front of me. She lets me pet her for awhile, then
lays down with her back to the pillow and her head laying on my left
arm, which is stretched out. Then she reaches up and puts one of her
paws in my hand, so we're holding hands. I usually pet her gently and
rub her belly while she stretches out as long as she can get, and
purrs loudly.

What a sweetheart!! That's one of the cutest nighttime rituals I've
heard of.

--
Joyce

Cats' hearing apparatus is built to allow the human voice to easily
go in one ear and out the other. -- Stephen Baker
Old August 31st 12, 03:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
news[_3_]

"---MIKE---" wrote in message
About 9 PM I turn off the TV, go use the love glove on Amber and tell
her how good and beautiful she is.

"Love glove" is a euphemism for condom!

What are you, 12? It's a cat grooming tool. Sheesh.

Jill

Sorry, I just can't help but picture the guy romancing his cat.

Bedtime Granby Cat anecdotes 17 March 9th 08 08:38 AM
O. T. for those who let their kids red bedtime stories Granby Cat community 5 December 12th 07 02:30 PM
Bedtime sabotage badwilson Cat anecdotes 8 April 4th 07 08:33 PM
Charming (?) bedtime rituals Susan M Cat anecdotes 12 January 6th 07 05:20 AM