Purrs for a Dachshund and her Pups

Old May 31st 05, 08:15 PM
Melissa Houle

Default Purrs for a Dachshund and her Pups

This is the poor mommy-dogs third litter in 4 years for a total of 33
puppies. I was horrified! Why don't they spay her? The receptionist
whispered to me "She gets $250 per puppy because they are pure-bred
miniature dachs." Oh well, that makes it okay then. NOT. The receptionist
is as horrified as I am by the whole thing.

One of the vet techs brought one of the newborn pups up for me to see. It
was so tiny, and meowing like a kitten; it still had the umbilical attached.

Purrs for the mommy and her babies and for her owner to get her spayed.

Jill
--
I used to have a handle on life...but it broke off.

That poor dog! I too, hope this owner stops being so greedy at her dog's
expense, and gives the poor dear a rest at least, and ideally, gets her
spayed. But since the present litter of puppies is now a reality, I hope
they make it, and that each pup finds a loving, responsible forever home.

I still have images of newborn Nina, who weighed three ounces at birth, and
the whole of her body fit in the palm of my hand.

Melissa

Old May 31st 05, 08:58 PM
Jo Firey

"Melissa Houle" wrote in message

This is the poor mommy-dogs third litter in 4 years for a total of 33
puppies. I was horrified! Why don't they spay her? The receptionist
whispered to me "She gets $250 per puppy because they are pure-bred
miniature dachs." Oh well, that makes it okay then. NOT. The
receptionist
is as horrified as I am by the whole thing.

One of the vet techs brought one of the newborn pups up for me to see. It
was so tiny, and meowing like a kitten; it still had the umbilical
attached.

Purrs for the mommy and her babies and for her owner to get her spayed.

Jill
--
I used to have a handle on life...but it broke off.

Purrs and soft loving whines for Mommy and babies. However the techs story
really doesn't compute. Three litters in four years is not much. Eleven
puppies per litter in a miniature is something for the Guinness Book.

When we were breeding toy poodles. our vet recommended that we breed the mom
twice a year for a few years and then quit and have her spayed. She had two
pups most times, three one time. It never showed any sign of wearing on
her. One reason we kept it up was she was a fantastic mom and it was a joy
to deal with. And we would have quit immediately if our vet had said it was
being hard on her.

Jo

Old May 31st 05, 09:10 PM
jmcquown

Jo Firey wrote:
[...]

I only know what the receptionist told me. The dog is 4 years old and this
is her 3rd litter. This one was 9 (okay, 10) pups. Definitely not normal
as they expected 2 or 3. She said the last one was 11 and she couldn't
remember what the first one was.

Then again, I'll bet you wouldn't believe our human maid in Thailand had had
23 (living) children by the time she was 45. It's true.

Jill

Old June 1st 05, 02:18 AM
Catnipped

"Melissa Houle" wrote in message

This is the poor mommy-dogs third litter in 4 years for a total of 33
puppies. I was horrified! Why don't they spay her? The receptionist
whispered to me "She gets $250 per puppy because they are pure-bred
miniature dachs." Oh well, that makes it okay then. NOT. The

receptionist
is as horrified as I am by the whole thing.

One of the vet techs brought one of the newborn pups up for me to see. It
was so tiny, and meowing like a kitten; it still had the umbilical

attached.

Purrs for the mommy and her babies and for her owner to get her spayed.

Jill

Aw! Poor baby. Purrs coming that she recovers and this will be her last
litter!

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old June 1st 05, 03:31 AM
Jo Firey

"jmcquown" wrote in message
.. .
Jo Firey wrote:
[...]

Wow. (I started believing when you said there were ten in this litter.)

Jo