This group has gone to pot

Old March 11th 06, 06:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Default This group has gone to pot

"Mary" wrote in message
oups.com...

Matthew AKA NMR ( NO MORE RETAIL ) wrote:
Barry it is Windows Server 2003 Enterprise SP1 64bit but I have several
other OS installed on it

i have 2003 server enteriprise, seems like i could have installed
64bit...all of the music apps i use in the studio have a 64bit version,
so i am headed in that direction shortly...

you dont fug around do you. how many days does it take to defrag
must have monster db, either inventory or customer or both

64-bit software is still coming along, one day i suppose we will double
that! then triple that...and so on...
with verizon growing at the rate they are..installing fiber optics...by
then we should be able to project our holograms onto freaknet...im
going to be ricky riccardo
lol...

yeah, im sure much of what you do now will be simplified with fiber
optics...something like...
3 gb/s or so.. I know they pumped 2 full length High Definition movies
overseas in about 7 mins with fiber optics.

I bought mine from gateway and tried to upgrade
when new products come out.

in the end, it's better. plus new stuff is nice to look at. plus
customer support is nice. i think that's part of the purchase price.

Even though i don't need to have them each
store has one in it all linked to mine.

you probably got spy cams sticking out of each one.

I can access the security system from my computer the house has security
cams also but the each store has its own server for that total seperate by
can be reomte access

It makes it easier to access the
business from a remote location instead of having to go down to each
store
and pull the info or wait for it to be sync with the other ones. I have
dedicated business line coming into the house. I can access it thru the
line connection giving me access to my business, interent and my house
from
anywhere I have signal at.

sounds like a full time job!

I want to buy something like one of these...

so, compaq is more pricey than gateway, im just guessing...
i've seen some outrageous compaq prices. I was living in Nastyville
when dell moved to town, they bought a huge wharehouse complex and
within 4 months, they were shipping around the world...they also got
huge tax deferrals as incentive to setup shop there

Compaq sucks big time most of the time

Your working knowledge of what you need, and staying on top of
technology, sounds like a huge savings!
keeping an eye on how to get things done smarter and faster.

the one I have is an old tape backup

this is surprising

why if it works you stay with it plus it was easier to transfer when we
changed the server case over my laziness

I want to add the upgrade of a dvd dual layer burner so I can read
it on any system.

why not wait a few more months and grab yourself the blu ray burner by
sony, it should be out around april
you get 40gb per disc. the blu laser just sets closer to the medium,
the grooves are closer and the data is "finer"
double layer will be 80gb

http://www.blu-ray.com/info/

939 mother boards and the 64 bit dual cpus. I really was not impressed
by
them for the price. I am going to have to check them out maybe get a
heck
of a lot better and faster system ( I feel the need for speed)

I will check out that blu ray burner I am going to upgrade but probably
after the new technology gets release after christmas why pay when
something new is going to come out tomorrow

everything in a pc is relevant to speed.
you could have all the greatest processors and bus..but if the HD
doesn't read and write fast..you are at the mercy of the HD speed. (i
have never researched HD read/write methods) i just know it makes all
the difference.

Yes big diference when your are talking serial ATA and parallel ATA plus
write speed always go serial with the higher access and the bigger memory
bus

Any other question Barry? I will gladly answer them if I can

where should I shop, what will i be shopping for...maybe you better not
say on here...

very cool dude!

I also wanted to ask, but don't expect a public answer: about your
security.
I use a linux based firewall...i built it myself..i have not been
cracked since i put it up.
I get alot of activity from southeast asia area, this part of the world
is also notorious for fly by night banking systems.

I used Norton's corporate Barry for my security plus a whole lot of anti
spy ware programs. My business program has a built in firewall and
security. Plus the routers have their own built in firewalls. The system
is set up to warn me if some one tries to access it and shut it the access
point down. I have only got a virus when someone from the house brought
over a disk with one on it but the system caught it. Spyware is a everyday
thing but the programs catch them.

..

Old March 11th 06, 08:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Matthew AKA NMR ( NO MORE RETAIL ) wrote:

I used Norton's corporate Barry for my security plus a whole lot of anti
spy ware programs.

seems like windows 2000 server, has secure user accounts.
im sure 2003 does as well...

you don't have to be logged in as admin, in order to give programs
access under a limited account.
im sure you well know. this means no new programs can be installed, or
changed, without a fat ass password

im sure you rarely find a spyware, maybe at best you might find a
nusiance data collector.

but these servers of yours are not regular internet consumers right? i
mean, employees don't sit and surf the web...right...

it's a beautiful day!

Old March 12th 06, 02:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Yes 2003 has built in
"Whiplash" wrote in message
ups.com...

Matthew AKA NMR ( NO MORE RETAIL ) wrote:

I used Norton's corporate Barry for my security plus a whole lot of anti
spy ware programs.

seems like windows 2000 server, has secure user accounts.
im sure 2003 does as well...

you don't have to be logged in as admin, in order to give programs
access under a limited account.
im sure you well know. this means no new programs can be installed, or
changed, without a fat ass password

im sure you rarely find a spyware, maybe at best you might find a
nusiance data collector.

I find it evey day remember I don't mind going to the site every one else
fears

but these servers of yours are not regular internet consumers right? i
mean, employees don't sit and surf the web...right...

No the only access my managers have is to the business software to pull up
employee records or customer records
My son and daughter took over running the business and they only have access
to certain things
No web surfing access to the general access. managers can but they have to
log onto the account with a username and password; which is logged everytime
and who,what, where and how they did things and only one access ( mine ) to
remove it

it's a beautiful day!

Yes it is it was 90 here today and the bikinis look great specially in the
wife

he he grining like a kid with his hand in the cookie jar

I just came home from bike week seeing how my booth was doing this year.
Can't ride this year due to my knee and there is no way in heck I am riding
on the back with my wife handling the hog