Tiger's Memorial Service begins...

Old August 21st 10, 12:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Mau, High Priestess - Temple of Bast

Default Tiger's Memorial Service begins...

THE MEMORIAL SERVICE

It is evening at the Temple of Bast and a soft
cool breeze whispers through the palms where only
a few hours before, the hot, unrelenting sun baked
the sand, turning away even the tourists. Now
that all the humans are gone, the temple cats open
the tall, brass doors engraved with cats in
hieroglyphic tales written by long-ago humans.
They tread inside and light pots of fragrant
incense, then scatter flower petals on the lapis
lazuli floor, polished smooth by years of soft
padded feet walking over it. At the front, under
the statue of Bast is a small, bronze statue of a
cat in repose, with flower petals strewn all over
it; next to it is a picture of Tiger, and on a
stand, the magical memory pocket-watch Anaïs gave
to him on their last winking-anniversary just two
months ago.

The temple cats light the lamps and a soft glow
illuminates the huge hall; the dark blue robed
all-feline choir whisper meows as they review
their sheet music; Hercule Lenoir sits at the
organ softly playing the Bach Tocatta and Fugue in
D-minor. Outside, 'porters begin to twinkle as
the community cats arrive and quietly file inside;
a large contingent of orange kitties sit together
as a group. When the hall is filled, Hercule
finishes the Fugue, and the Temple is silent - not
even a kitten mews. Suddenly, the organ and choir
open to a crescendo as the choir sings Orff's
Carmina Burana:

"O Fortuna, velut luna, statu variabilis, semper
crescis aut decrescis. Vita detestabilis, nunc
obdurat et tunc curat. Ludo mentis aciem,
egestatem, potestatem dissolvit ut glaciem..."

[O Fortune, like the moon constantly changing,
ever waxing and waning. Detestable life - now
difficult and then easy. A deceptively sharp mind,
poverty and power: it melts them like ice.]

[It can be heard here, click on the right:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/O_Fortuna ]

As the music fades to silence, Mau, the High
Priestess of Bast, walks quietly to the front; she
is jet black, and wearing a black robe and a thin
rose-gold collar with an emerald scarab in the
middle; her eyes too, are green, and all that can
be seen are the green of her eyes and the glowing
emerald scarab. The lights come on, and she meows
in a soft voice: "My dear cats and kittens, we are
here today to celebrate the life of a friend,
Tiger, and to mourn his departure from this mortal
coil. Tiger was a cat who was loved by all,
including his humans, and who was a friend to
everyone in the community. His life had a hard
beginning but a wonderful end as he found his one
true home and his wife-kitty, Anaïs, who will now
share her love for Tiger with you."

[A petite White-and-cream Persian, in a simple
black dress, carrying three forget-me-nots in her
right paw walks to the front and meows in a soft
voice.]

"Meow kitties, and fangu for coming heer tonight
to honor mine Tiger. He was a sweet kitty, and da
lub ob mine life; we just sellebrayed owr siksth
winking anibersary this Joon. My Tiger had a hard
early life. Apparently he was an indoor kitty, and
his crool humans left him behind wen dey moved. He
had to scrounge arownd da Owt for food and
shelter, and wen his Anti Lee and Unka Robert
rescued him, he weighed only sebben powndz, just
skin and bownez - eben less den myown liddle seff!
Anti Lee often tawks abowt how he would become
berry unnerfed wen sootcases or boxes were arownd;
dey musta browt up da frightenink memories ob wen
his former hoomanz abandoned hisownself. He luffed
Lee and Robert, and put on weight, getting up to
hiz full fibteen pownds: he was a big, hansum
boycat!

I met hisownseff heer on mine first RPCC 'benture
many yeers ago, and we dated fur a wile, den got
engaged, den winked. We had a bootiful winking in
frunt ob da Spinks by Miranda, da den High
Preestus ob Bast. Tiger an myownseff shared many,
many happy memoriez ob wunnerful 'bentures wif dis
kommunity heer on RPCC. I will alwayz hab dese
memoriez, alwayz. Tiger, mine luff, I will miss
you - you iz always mine Bogart, and I will alwayz
be your Bacall. Goodby Tiger!"

She steps down, and with a tear, lays the three
forget-me-nots on his picture...

Mau returns to the altar.

"Dear kitties, it's hard for us to lose a loved
one: we remember their sweet faces, the softness
of their fur or the warmth of their purr, and they
live on as our memories. As has been said many
times: on the other side of the Bridge is a
monument that the kitties at the Bridge put up. On
it, it says:

"...Grieve not,
nor speak of me with tears,
but laugh and talk of me
as if I were beside you...
I loved you so--
'twas Heaven there with you."

"But what we should remember is that the
inscription faces away from the departed's side of
the Bridge, and is visible from our side, here on
earth. They wanted it that way, so that when we
thought of a dear departed one and cried looking
toward the Bridge, the message on it would sooth
us.

And now, the Temple choir girl-cats and Hercule
have arranged a special song for his humans, who
have experienced such difficult, sad and trying
times in these past days, losing their home to a
fire, and then losing Tiger:"

[
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWEDB...eature=related
]

And so, my beloved children, we gather here to
say goodbye to Tiger - he's on the other side of
the Bridge now, looking down on all of us. And so
I ask you to please join us in a banquet after
services - it's what Tiger would have wanted: to
celebrate his life over good food and drink, with
good friends. His buddy, the Inspector has put
together a banquet of his favorite foods and
drinks, and you are all invited to participate and
tell your stories about Tiger."

And now, in the name of Bast I bless all of you."
[She raises her right paw and swipes the air.
Thousands of bright sparkles rise to the ceiling
and decend on the gathering below] "May these
glowing lights bring into the lives of each and
every cat present here the blessings of peace,
prosperity, happiness, endless food, love and long
and joyful lives."

Hercule softly plays another Bach toccatta and
fugue, as the community cats slowly file out to
the courtyard...

THE BANQUET

It is now night and the cool desert air sweeps
over the courtyard, illuminated by the moon and
the torches that the Temple cats have lit.
Cushions are placed in varying arrangement around
low tables, and a many-table buffet is set up.
Hiura, the sushi chef and his assistants are
making sushi and rolls at one table; lobsters,
shrimp and langostinos are prepared in many
different ways on another table; at yet another a
chef kitty is slicing roast-beef amid platters of
assortments of lamb, veal and pork chops
surrounded by roasted potatoes - another kitty
chef is putting out platters of duck confit, a
roast turkey and duck a l'orange, and at the
closest table are platters of Breton oysters on
ice; clams, mussels and shrimp. Many champagne
flutes are being filled by wait-kitties with
vintage Chat Lunatique nip-champagne - Tiger's
favorite - and next to them is a rather corpulent,
grey Chartreuse cat in a dark suit. After the
wait-kitties have passed out the champagne, he
rises and meows:

"Bonjour chats et chatons! For zose who do not
know myself, I am Jacques, zee Inspektor wif zee
Paree police. Az an owld eetink and drinkink buddy
of Tiger's, I am onored to make zeez bankwet and
giff zee toast. Tiger wuz a cat's cat, loyal,
strong, brave, fleet ov foot and handsum; devoted
to hees weenk, and luffed hiz hoomanz. We shared
many adbenchures and many, many mealz - Tiger
luffed gud fud, a gud drink and a gud nap. He waz
alwayz zere eef you needed heem - he was a gud
friend, and I weel miss heem. But I knoze zat he
wood not want usses to morn, but raffer to
celebrate heez life at a bankwet like zees won zo
dat he can luk down at us from zee Bridje and
smile at us! Zo, zen, let us awl lift owr glasses
and toast Tiger: Farewell, mine friend, but not
goodby!"

"Any kitty who weeshes to make a toast or say a
few wurds, may do so; and let us begin by sampling
zeese Breton oysterz zat I just ported heer from
Furrance!" With that he passes around plates of
oysters on the half-shell...

--
Mrrrrrkk,

Mau, High Priestess
Temple of Bast, Egypt
Old August 21st 10, 02:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
John Ross Mc Master

I am furry moofed, and i addd that Tiger was always a prilliant
speeker in da catmunity, so I purr dis tradushun will continnu.
Cinder, who eets nip but listens too

Old August 21st 10, 02:22 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Will in New Haven

On Aug 20, 9:00*pm, John Ross Mc Master
wrote:

* *"Any kitty who weeshes to make a toast or say a
few wurds, may do so; and let us begin by sampling
zeese Breton oysterz zat I just ported heer from
Furrance!" With that he passes around plates of
oysters on the half-shell...

Wearing a simple black toga, with only a few silver high points and
looking surprised at herself, Sunrise steps forward

"I juss wanna seigh dat da whole catmoonity befefitteded frum his
wunnerful spirit an sens ub play. Hee had a furry gud temper an joyned
in wen da fun wuz goin roun. AN he waz allus dere to comfurt his frenz
wen der wuz trubl or sadness.

Butted da reeson I ris to speek is beclaws ub diss. Wiff efferykitty
sad an da camunity feelin down I wuz gnot gonna menchun da happee fing
dat happend to mine fren Lady Di an mine Ant Befferly. I was gonna
wate until diss servis wuz ober too tell efferywun.

Butted DEN mine memory ub Tiger speeked to me. He sed 'don' bee
gloomy. Be glad four your frenz an be shor to tell da catmoonity bout
it.'

Sew I stan befour yoons to seigh hee is a gud fren to all ub usses,
jus wike allus.

--
Sunrise
Old August 21st 10, 03:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
The Porter Cats[_2_]

Lucy gives Anais a soft hug, then sits next to her.

"I almos ekspect Tiger to walk in at anny moment. He trooly was a
frend tu every cat heer, an loved so furry much. What an elegant
service fur a strong an brafe cat."

Old August 21st 10, 03:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Samuel Redcat Mahoney

I would like to say somefing.

Since we are remembering our good friend Tiger, I thought I would like
to repost a story from a little while ago about Tiger an me going i
on a adbenchure. All through dis adbnechure Tiger was strong and
brave and trustworthy.

Back when I asked da bootiful Lilith to be mine wink, and Tiger
asked the loverly Anais, we bof figgered dat we needed to do somefing
special fur our kitty-winks. It makes sense dat bootiful kitties
need bootiful fings, so we decided dat we needed to get special
bewinking collars fur our winks and special medallions fur da
collars. Tiger an me searched all over lookin fur da bestest places.
We ported to places all over da world, an we finally finded a old
hoomin craftsman in Spain who could make da collars out of fine
soft leather. We gived him da sizes and our winks colors, and him
said him would haf da collars ready in a few weeks. Den we had to
find where to get da medallions made. We visited Furmany, an Italy,
an Furrance, an lotz o offur places. But da bestest we could find
was in Eye-r-land. So we ported to Eye-r-land an bisited all da
jewelers we could find.

After we had spended lots an lots of days looking at lots of stuff
we finded a little village dat camed highly recommended. Craftsmen
from all over da world had mentioned dis little village. So we went
dere and spended some time in da kitty-pubs, trying to figger out
who was da bestest jeweler of all. It was in one of da liddle
kitty-pubs dat we meeted a one-eyed tuxedo cat named Seamus. Him
telled us about da bestest hoomin jeweler in town, but da way him
said it suggested dat dere was a even betterer jeweler, but one not
necessarily hoomin. We buyed him a lot of nip ale an finally getted
him to tell us da legend of the Kitties from Below.

It seems dat dere is a hill outside of town wif some caves in it.
One of dese caves goes furry deep into da hill, and kitties who go
into da cave usually dont come back again. And every full moon a
band of mysterious kitties comes out of da cave into da forests and
stay out til da next night, den dey go back into da cave. Strange
fings happen in da village da day dat da strange kitties is out,
but Seamus wouldnt tell us what kind of strange fings. Anyhow, dese
mysterious kitties is supposed to be da best jewelers ever! Dey
wears some bootiful gold an silfur jewelry, and dey makes it all
demselves. Da problem is dat dey dont haf nuffing to do with regular
kitties. Local legend says dat a local kitty who encounters one of
da mysterious kitties will disappear. Tiger an me discussed fings,
an we figgered dat dese kitties would be da logical choice fur da
makers of our winks medallions, an we just needed to gif dem reasons
to not want to make us disappear. Dere had to be fings dat dey
wanted an couldnt get dat we could supply dem. So we figgered out
how to approach dem, and stocked up on supplies. Da next night was
supposed to be da full moon! So just as da sun was going down Tiger
an me marched up da hill and sitted down right outside da cave dat
da Magical Kitties was supposed to come out of. We dint want to
surprise dem so we builded a small fire, and we wanted to make dem
feel welcome so we putted a turkey-bird on da fire to roast. We was
sitting dere quietly meowning to ourselves, keepin ours eyes open
fur da appearance of da kitties. One moment we was looking at da
empty cave, and da furry next moment we was surrounded by kitties!
Dere was a whole ring of kitties around us an dey was all hissing
and yeowling. Den a big orange kitty stepped forward and raised one
paw an all da offur kitties got quiet. Him stood in front of us an
said "You kitties have to come to a very dangerous place. All
residents of this, area have been warned to leave our territory
unmolested, yet here you are. What is the meaning of this? Have you
no desire to remain in this, world?" Tiger said We don't mean any
disrespect, and we don't wish to inconvenience you. We bring you a
request and we offer you a trade. Da big orange cat said "Continue".
I said We are from Catmerica, an we travelled all dis way to find
[...]
da bestest craftsmen in dis world or da next. We is engaged to get
winked to da mostest bootiful girl cats in da world, and we is
hoping dat you will craft bewinking medallions for dem. In return
we offers you fings dat you prolly cant get. We brings you lots of
sammon-fishie - many pounds of it, in refrigelators so dey wont
spoil. We brings you turkeybirds. We brings you special hoomin-detectors,
designed by mine sisfur so you can find even hidden hoomins. An we
brings you our pledge dat we will nefur reveal to any creature,
kitty, human, or offurwise, da location of yours cave. Da big orange
kitty then said "Your offer is interesting, but we have a long
tradition. Kitties of the Second World dont deal with kitties of
the First World - this is as it has always been. We could indeed
use the wonderful foods you offer, but we have no precedent to guide
us". Tiger den suggested dat all of da magical kitties sit down
an haf some of da turkeybird, since it was just getting done and
smelled really, really, really good. Da big orange kitty nodded his
head so all da kitties approached, cautiously sampled da turkeybird,
den dey dug in. We bof den taked pikchoors of our loverly winks out
of our pockets and showed dem around. Da big orange kitty said dat
him would talk to da offur kitties and see what dey wanted to do.
But, him said, if we wanted to deal wif da Kitties of da Second
World we would have to spend da night in dere place. So we agreed
to do so. Da big orange kitty taked us into da cave while da offur
kitties all ran off to da forest. Him leaded us into absolute
darkness where even our kitty vision wasnt no help. Dere was passages
an tunnels going efurry which way and we catched glimpses of big,
open rooms as we walked past. Some of dem had candles glowing, but
some of dem was lit wif a soft glow dat didnt seem to have any
source dat we could see. We got leaded to a a room wif a candle
burning in it, wif nice soft cushions an lidder boxes. We settled
in and talked bout our bewinking plans, den we falled asleep.

We sleeped all fru da night. When we waked up dere was dishes of
yummy kitty food fur us. A kitty wif all black fur comed to get us,
and him was carrying a candle so we could see where we was going.
Him lead us fru some twisty passages to a big, heavy wooden door.
Da door had strange symbols carved on it, and some of dem sort of
glowed! It was furry cool. Him pulled da door open and said we
should go in. Tiger an me was bof kind of worried. We was on da
ground level of a big round room. Dere was a couple of levels of
floors higher den the floor we was on, and dey circled the whole
room. Dere was benches, sort of like judges benches, all around da
room on the higher levels. Dere was about a dozen kitties sitting
dere, most of dem furry old. Da red cat from da night before stood
up and talked to us. "My name is Aed, and I am the spokescat for
the Council. We have discussed your request, and we have just a few
questions for you. Samuel, will you vow to never tell the secret
of our location, under pain of death, to any living creature for
as long as you live? "I said I abso-purr-lutely do! Him then said
"Tiger, will you vow to never tell the secret of our location, under
pain of death, to any living creature, for as long as you live?"
Tiger said I certainly do! Den Aed said "Samuel, Tiger, will you
both vow to love the girlcats to which you are enwinked for the
rest of your lives, to protect them and cherish them always, and
to offer up your life for hers if it is ever required of you?"
Tiger an I bof meowed togeffur "Yes, we do". Den Aed said "The
council has discussed your request and what you are offering in
exchange. There is no precedent in our history to guide us, so we
had much to consider". Him picked up da pictures we had shown him
of Lilith and Anais and handed dem back to us. "We agree that your
ladycats are of exceptional beauty and they are worthy of exquisite
adornment. We will produce the medallions you request. Each ladycat
shall have a one-of-a-kind piece designed for her, crafted just for
her. This work will require a months work from all of our craftsmen.
You will be escorted back to the First World. Return to the mouth
of our cave in one month's time, and we will present you with what
you have requested". Da black kitty dat lead us to the meeting room
comed back in, den him lead us back to da surface. We teleported
back home and took part in da Community activities, and nefur told
nokitty where we had been. Den, amonf later, we ported back. Just
as da moon rose straight overhead 6 kitties appeared at da mouf of
da cave. Dey walked up to us and handed Tiger an me each a wooden
box. We opened up da boxes and gasped! Da medallion dey had made
fur Lilith was da mostest beautiful fing I ever saw. It was gold
an silfur and had precious stones on it - da moonlight shimmered
and shined, and it looked sort of like it was on fire. Fur mebbe
ten minutes I couldnt hardly breathe it was so purrty! When I finally
tore mine eyes away from it Tiger an me was alone again. Tiger had
just managed to look away from Anais pendant too - him was also
totally captivated by hers. Tiger looked around and spotted a
parchment scroll on da ground. We unrolled it and took a look. It
read "Masters Tiger and Samuel, you are hearby extended an invitation
to visit the Cats of the Second World any time you choose to do so.
This invitation also extends to your winks. You are the only mortal
cats to whom this invitation has ever been extended". It was signed
with Aeds paw print. So we picked up our boxes and ported back home.
At our wedwinks we were both honored to be able to present our
winks with stunningly bootiful pendants to match their stunningly
bootiful selves. That is the story of how Tiger and me had our own
grand adventure.

I will miss my good buddy Tiger furry furry much.

Sammy

Old August 21st 10, 04:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Mosey =^,,^=

[...]

Mosey stands up n lufingly wooks at hiz feeyonsay MeOwy, n sez, "Mme Anais,
dat wuz uh bootiful suevise, n we awl luff yew".
ai remembur dat story, Sammy, n et iz da mozt bootiful story ai hab effer
hurd.Et wuz I dint gnow Tiger dat long, but he wuz uh gudgud frend tew me
He wuz strong n full uff adbise n hadd uh grate snese uff humor. ai feal
sew bad dat he is gone frum diz Erf, but he iz in uh bedder plase gnow n mee
n mine famlee heer, Pooky, Pipps n Sqweex, wiff mine sune tew be bryde
MeOwy, wud wike tew purrproze uh toast tew Tiger, owr wunnerful frend .
Mosey takes owt a kurchif n wipes uhway uh teer. We luv yew Tiger, buddy.
Gwasses clink
Mosey sniffs*

Old August 21st 10, 05:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
meOwy

[MeOwy sniffles a little, an dabs at the tears on her cheeks. She
reaches to Mme. Anais and puts her paw on the paw of Mme. Anais.]

Furry furry byoodaful an peasful heer, Mme. Anais. Da ceremony twoowy
wurffy ob yoor wunndurful wink Tiger.

MeOwy, purrs an clinks gwasses
Old August 21st 10, 11:51 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Granby

Piglett slowly gets to her paws. I iz noe so elloquant a skeaker az sum of
u butted I just want to tell Tigers famiblee, she looks toward the table
where the six remaining members of Tigers family are sitting, along with
ther sister in paw Anais.are quietly sitting. I wantz u ta know how muchez
we luffed da Tiger Man. Him anna hiz hoomanz waz our bestis frenz.

Dat serbize was so bootifulz anna I knowz it will bring komfort to his
hoomanz too.

Piglett knows there is much more she should say but she can tell by the
looks on the others cats faces that they already know in their hearts what
she is feeling. She quietly sits back on her cushion

Old August 21st 10, 12:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Sundance[_2_]

To Tiger, da bestest buddee a boykittee kud hav.

Tiger wuz a piller uv da komunitee, and a gud furend to me an to mennee
uther kitteez. I lukked up to hizself, we had fun togedder, an he inkuraged
myownself to purrsoo Pitoonya befur I evin knowed myself dat I wantid her to
be myown wink.

Tiger an Anaïs had wun uv da grate luvz of da komunitee. I onlee hope dat I
kan make my Toonya az happee az Tiger an Anaïs made eech uther. Yoo yunger
boykitteezz kud do much werse dan to uze Tiger az a role moddel.

Tiger, I raize dis oyster to yur memoree. Til we meetz agin, Tiger buddy,
til we meetz agin.

Sundance

"Mau, High Priestess - Temple of Bast" wrote in message
THE MEMORIAL SERVICE

respeckful snipz

Old August 21st 10, 05:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Granby

As Willow begins to file out with the other Cats, she notices an ever so
slight stirring up in the rafters above the alter.

She excuses herself and makes her way to where she saw the movement. Hallo
dere Mr. T. V. I ceed u kum ta pay ur specks to Mr. Tiger. Diz mus be Miz
Violette and dem Doggies is Auntis Softz dog guides. U looks gudgud. We
will mizz Tiger man but knowz himself will be fine at da bridje.

All the cats turn their heads in unison, up and to the right. Willow
follows their gaze and sees a young, healthy and happy Tiger Man sitting
watching his family as they leave. She waves a paw and he waves back.

Willow turns and stares so hard at Anais back that she hopes she can turn in
time to see the Tiger Man there looking so gud..
"The Porter Cats" wrote in message
Lucy gives Anais a soft hug, then sits next to her.

"I almos ekspect Tiger to walk in at anny moment. He trooly was a
frend tu every cat heer, an loved so furry much. What an elegant
service fur a strong an brafe cat."

Tiger's Memorial Service Mme. Anaïs ^..^[_4_] Cat community 19 August 20th 10 05:40 AM
Rob's Memorial Service tanadashoes Cat anecdotes 20 March 29th 10 06:50 PM
Capt. Midnight's Memorial Service ChildFree23 Cat community 37 February 18th 06 02:26 PM
Memorial Service KaN Cat anecdotes 23 July 24th 05 04:18 AM
The Memorial Service Julie Cook Cat anecdotes 15 December 11th 03 04:52 AM