Tiger's Memorial Service begins...

Old September 6th 10, 12:57 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Storrmmee

Default Tiger's Memorial Service begins...

fang ursef fur comin, ifin ursef kuld juzt purr furda hoominz heartsa heal
anna fur dem to make it fru diz horrible infintoree thingy, OEJ
"Rebecca" wrote in message
[Rebecca listens attentively to the service and the music, then goes to
pay her respects to Mme. Anaï and to Tiger's clowder. She speaks quietly.]

Iz dere enneefing I kan git fur ennee uv yurownselvez, or enneefing I kan
do?

Rebecca

Old September 6th 10, 01:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Storrmmee

OEJ steps furwurd, we deeply apurrciate dat you camed here to give uses diz
mozt bootiful gift of remberanze, fang ursefz, OEJ
"Community Cats" wrote in message
[A parade of cats from the Second World files in silently, led by Aed and
Morgana. They form a circle of cats,packed tightly shoulder to shoulder.
Two very elderly kitties, an old boycat and and an old girlcat, both
having once been deepest black but now faded to mottled grey, edge through
the circle and takes their places at the very center.

The old cats begin meowing an ancient chant, eerie sounds that bring to
mind old mysteries. The circle of cats join in, and soon the entire room
is throbbing and humming with the sounds. The assembled cats close their
eyes to soak in the magic of the sounds. As they allow the sounds to move
through them, the music calls to minds images of Tiger in his youth, his
role in Community adventures, and his many noble deeds. Many of the
visions feature glimpses of Tiger's beloved wink Anais, and of his family
members, including Miss Violette and OT. The visions all bring back
memories of happy times.

After a few minutes the choir of Second World cats draws to an end. The
choir cats sit witih their heads bowed for a while, then they rise and go
to greet the Inspector and to express their condolences to Mme. Anais and
to Tiger's family members.

Aed leads the two ancient kitties to the Inspector, Mme. Anais, and
Tiger's family.]

My friend, I would like to introduce to you Cuchulane and Cuchulone, the
high priest and high priestess of the Second World. They lead us in our
rememberances of the those who have gone on to the Rainbow Bridge. They
have never before left the Second World, but they felt compelled to come
to Tiger's Memorial today.

[Cuchulane and Cuchulone] Dearest friends, we are most profoundly sorry
for your loss. While it is true that our loved ones leave us for a most
exquisite place of comfort and perfect health, those of us who get left
behind always grieve for the loss of their company. This is the natural
way of things. It is our hope that the Song of Remembrance helped to
remind you of the excellent times you have enjoyed in the past with Mr.
Tiger.

Old September 6th 10, 01:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Storrmmee

fang ursef fur comin, himz alwayz felt hizsef wuz da luky one dat himz kamed
wif mizz violette to da komuniti when she finded itsef, OEJ
"riddik" wrote in message
Truly, Tiger has inriched da lifes ov his hoomins and ourown as well.
It wuz a onor to haff nown him an wee will not furrgit.

Mietze wiff Neko, Azad an Ella, too

Old September 6th 10, 01:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Storrmmee

Trudi can't speak as she wuzn't spekin diz mancat to attind, she iz
speechlezz
"Mme. Anaïs ^..^" wrote in message
On Tue, 24 Aug 2010 08:25:32 -0500,
CommunityKitties's nimble, little paws typed:

[Aed, whispering to Mme. Anais] This is a first! These two have not been
out of their living chamber or the main assembly room for as long as I
can remember, and cats of the Second World live to very old ages by First
World standards. This is the first time they have had anything to do with
the First World to the best of my knowledge.

Fangu, Aed,

Dat wuz furry kind ob you to bring dem heer; and
for you, yourseff to come!

Pleeze sit down and have somefing to eat....
--
Purrs,

Mme. Anaïs

"I love cats because I take pleasure in my home;
soul."
Jean Cocteau, 1889-1963

8/24/2010 7:31:45 PM

Old September 6th 10, 01:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Storrmmee

OEJ sees herown furnds and wafez knowin dey iz purrin anna prayin
"Booker" wrote in message
. ..
Dis is ar fifth try to post dis:

Three kittiez settle in da korner an watch da bootiful serremony. Soft
purrin fillz da rum az Booker, Chappy an Snowflake pay der respekz an say
der gudbyz to Tiger. Deyz not to gud wif tosts, so dey listen to all da
gud fings dat ofurs ar sayin bout Tiger. And dey pray fur da rest of hiz
kitty an hoomin family.

Mau, High Priestess - Temple of Bast wrote:
THE MEMORIAL SERVICE

It is evening at the Temple of Bast and a soft
cool breeze whispers through the palms where only
a few hours before, the hot, unrelenting sun baked
the sand, turning away even the tourists. Now
that all the humans are gone, the temple cats open
the tall, brass doors engraved with cats in
hieroglyphic tales written by long-ago humans.
They tread inside and light pots of fragrant
incense, then scatter flower petals on the lapis
lazuli floor, polished smooth by years of soft
padded feet walking over it. At the front, under
the statue of Bast is a small, bronze statue of a
cat in repose, with flower petals strewn all over
it; next to it is a picture of Tiger, and on a
stand, the magical memory pocket-watch Anaïs gave
to him on their last winking-anniversary just two
months ago. The temple cats light the lamps and a soft glow
illuminates the huge hall; the dark blue robed
all-feline choir whisper meows as they review
their sheet music; Hercule Lenoir sits at the
organ softly playing the Bach Tocatta and Fugue in
D-minor. Outside, 'porters begin to twinkle as
the community cats arrive and quietly file inside;
a large contingent of orange kitties sit together
as a group. When the hall is filled, Hercule
finishes the Fugue, and the Temple is silent - not
even a kitten mews. Suddenly, the organ and choir
open to a crescendo as the choir sings Orff's
Carmina Burana:

"O Fortuna, velut luna, statu variabilis, semper
crescis aut decrescis. Vita detestabilis, nunc
obdurat et tunc curat. Ludo mentis aciem,
egestatem, potestatem dissolvit ut glaciem..." [O Fortune, like the moon
constantly changing,
ever waxing and waning. Detestable life - now
difficult and then easy. A deceptively sharp mind,
poverty and power: it melts them like ice.] [It can be heard here, click
on the right:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/O_Fortuna ]

As the music fades to silence, Mau, the High
Priestess of Bast, walks quietly to the front; she
is jet black, and wearing a black robe and a thin
rose-gold collar with an emerald scarab in the
middle; her eyes too, are green, and all that can
be seen are the green of her eyes and the glowing
emerald scarab. The lights come on, and she meows
in a soft voice: "My dear cats and kittens, we are
here today to celebrate the life of a friend,
Tiger, and to mourn his departure from this mortal
coil. Tiger was a cat who was loved by all,
including his humans, and who was a friend to
everyone in the community. His life had a hard
beginning but a wonderful end as he found his one
true home and his wife-kitty, Anaïs, who will now
share her love for Tiger with you."

[A petite White-and-cream Persian, in a simple
black dress, carrying three forget-me-nots in her
right paw walks to the front and meows in a soft
voice.]

"Meow kitties, and fangu for coming heer tonight
to honor mine Tiger. He was a sweet kitty, and da
lub ob mine life; we just sellebrayed owr siksth
winking anibersary this Joon. My Tiger had a hard
early life. Apparently he was an indoor kitty, and
his crool humans left him behind wen dey moved. He
had to scrounge arownd da Owt for food and
shelter, and wen his Anti Lee and Unka Robert
rescued him, he weighed only sebben powndz, just
skin and bownez - eben less den myown liddle seff!
Anti Lee often tawks abowt how he would become
berry unnerfed wen sootcases or boxes were arownd;
dey musta browt up da frightenink memories ob wen
his former hoomanz abandoned hisownself. He luffed
Lee and Robert, and put on weight, getting up to
hiz full fibteen pownds: he was a big, hansum
boycat!

I met hisownseff heer on mine first RPCC 'benture
many yeers ago, and we dated fur a wile, den got
engaged, den winked. We had a bootiful winking in
frunt ob da Spinks by Miranda, da den High
Preestus ob Bast. Tiger an myownseff shared many,
many happy memoriez ob wunnerful 'bentures wif dis
kommunity heer on RPCC. I will alwayz hab dese
memoriez, alwayz. Tiger, mine luff, I will miss
you - you iz always mine Bogart, and I will alwayz
be your Bacall. Goodby Tiger!"

She steps down, and with a tear, lays the three
forget-me-nots on his picture...

Mau returns to the altar.

"Dear kitties, it's hard for us to lose a loved
one: we remember their sweet faces, the softness
of their fur or the warmth of their purr, and they
live on as our memories. As has been said many
times: on the other side of the Bridge is a
monument that the kitties at the Bridge put up. On
it, it says:

"...Grieve not, nor speak of me with tears, but laugh and talk of me as
if I were beside you... I loved you so--
'twas Heaven there with you." "But what we should remember is that
the
inscription faces away from the departed's side of
the Bridge, and is visible from our side, here on
earth. They wanted it that way, so that when we
thought of a dear departed one and cried looking
toward the Bridge, the message on it would sooth
us.

And now, the Temple choir girl-cats and Hercule
have arranged a special song for his humans, who
have experienced such difficult, sad and trying
times in these past days, losing their home to a
fire, and then losing Tiger:"

[
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWEDB...eature=related
]

And so, my beloved children, we gather here to
say goodbye to Tiger - he's on the other side of
the Bridge now, looking down on all of us. And so
I ask you to please join us in a banquet after
services - it's what Tiger would have wanted: to
celebrate his life over good food and drink, with
good friends. His buddy, the Inspector has put
together a banquet of his favorite foods and
drinks, and you are all invited to participate and
tell your stories about Tiger."

And now, in the name of Bast I bless all of you."
[She raises her right paw and swipes the air.
Thousands of bright sparkles rise to the ceiling
and decend on the gathering below] "May these
glowing lights bring into the lives of each and
every cat present here the blessings of peace,
prosperity, happiness, endless food, love and long
and joyful lives." Hercule softly plays another Bach toccatta and
fugue, as the community cats slowly file out to
the courtyard...

THE BANQUET

It is now night and the cool desert air sweeps
over the courtyard, illuminated by the moon and
the torches that the Temple cats have lit.
Cushions are placed in varying arrangement around
low tables, and a many-table buffet is set up.
Hiura, the sushi chef and his assistants are
making sushi and rolls at one table; lobsters,
shrimp and langostinos are prepared in many
different ways on another table; at yet another a
chef kitty is slicing roast-beef amid platters of
assortments of lamb, veal and pork chops
surrounded by roasted potatoes - another kitty
chef is putting out platters of duck confit, a
roast turkey and duck a l'orange, and at the
closest table are platters of Breton oysters on
ice; clams, mussels and shrimp. Many champagne
flutes are being filled by wait-kitties with
vintage Chat Lunatique nip-champagne - Tiger's
favorite - and next to them is a rather corpulent,
grey Chartreuse cat in a dark suit. After the
wait-kitties have passed out the champagne, he
rises and meows:

"Bonjour chats et chatons! For zose who do not
know myself, I am Jacques, zee Inspektor wif zee
Paree police. Az an owld eetink and drinkink buddy
of Tiger's, I am onored to make zeez bankwet and
giff zee toast. Tiger wuz a cat's cat, loyal,
strong, brave, fleet ov foot and handsum; devoted
to hees weenk, and luffed hiz hoomanz. We shared
many adbenchures and many, many mealz - Tiger
luffed gud fud, a gud drink and a gud nap. He waz
alwayz zere eef you needed heem - he was a gud
friend, and I weel miss heem. But I knoze zat he
wood not want usses to morn, but raffer to
celebrate heez life at a bankwet like zees won zo
dat he can luk down at us from zee Bridje and
smile at us! Zo, zen, let us awl lift owr glasses
and toast Tiger: Farewell, mine friend, but not
goodby!"

"Any kitty who weeshes to make a toast or say a
few wurds, may do so; and let us begin by sampling
zeese Breton oysterz zat I just ported heer from
Furrance!" With that he passes around plates of
oysters on the half-shell...

Old September 8th 10, 08:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
CommunityKitties

On Sun, 05 Sep 2010 18:24:54 -0500, Storrmmee wrote:

six very somber and slightly travel worn cats arrive qweetly they
assemble behind MMe. A each cat sits down with a space for a wink or
best friend MH waits for missee, Chester waits for lucy, OEJ waits for
STT, Storrmmee waits for rosco, barbi and Trudi sit togefur because
barbi has no suitor and Trudi doesn't think the second world cats will
attend.

They are all glad to be in egypt where the spirit of catliness of Tiger
is best represented.

Miz OEJ, I just wanted to let yourownself know that I getted to da
service a liddle bit late, so I sitted in da back so as to not disrupt da
purrceedings. But I iz here now. How is yourownself doing? And da rest of
yours clowder?

STTom
Old September 8th 10, 08:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Storrmmee

OEJ lights up but says qweetly, we iz all gettin along purti gud. i haz
loozed a little more wate butted efuricat elze iz fine, efin storrmmee anna
barbi izunt fitin animore, we iz ok wif where we iz lifin now butted we
wantz owrz bigger rumz bak.

da soft anna furri getted uses sum toyz anna kitty bedz so we iz a bit more
comfurtable,

OEJ thrilled
news:cPqdnUbym9MiQxrRnZ2dnUVZ_sOdnZ2d@powerusenet. com...

Old September 8th 10, 10:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
CommunityKitties

On Wed, 08 Sep 2010 14:53:19 -0500, Storrmmee wrote:

OEJ lights up but says qweetly, we iz all gettin along purti gud. i haz
loozed a little more wate butted efuricat elze iz fine, efin storrmmee
anna barbi izunt fitin animore, we iz ok wif where we iz lifin now
butted we wantz owrz bigger rumz bak.

da soft anna furri getted uses sum toyz anna kitty bedz so we iz a bit
more comfurtable,

OEJ thrilled

I hopes dat you will eat more and put some weight back on. Hows about if
I cook you some of da fudz dat I haz learned to fix?

I apologize fur being absent frum da Community fur so long. I'z been
furry bizee wif da neighborhood watch group. Keepin da goggie members
focused on dere assignments is kinda hard - dey allez wants to play wif
stuff. On the other paw, we's been doing really well. We haf repelled
invasions from coyotes, feral goggies, and even some red fokses. But I
fink mine lootinents is finally catchin on, and can keep fings running
wifout me having to be dere all da time. I expect dat I can start spendin
more time in da Community again.

Is dere anyfing I can do to help you or your clowder? Anyfing I can bring
yourownselves? I been missing you a lot.

STTom
Old September 8th 10, 11:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
John Ross Mc Master

i am gladd yew haff toys and a gudgud sekritari.
beauty

On Wed, 8 Sep 2010 14:53:19 -0500, "Storrmmee"
wrote:

[...]

Tiger's Memorial Service Mme. Anaïs ^..^[_4_] Cat community 19 August 20th 10 05:40 AM
Rob's Memorial Service tanadashoes Cat anecdotes 20 March 29th 10 06:50 PM
Capt. Midnight's Memorial Service ChildFree23 Cat community 37 February 18th 06 02:26 PM
Memorial Service KaN Cat anecdotes 23 July 24th 05 04:18 AM
The Memorial Service Julie Cook Cat anecdotes 15 December 11th 03 04:52 AM