Annie - RB

Old April 2nd 07, 04:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
theresa

Default Annie - RB

Annie went to the rainbow bridge today at 10:26 a.m .
I felt that it was time, her quality of life had really gone down.
Her left eye was getting milky and the vet verified that the cancer
was spreading.

When I went home to get her, she was resting next to her brother with
her head on his back. I wrapped her in a towel and told the dogs to
say goodbye. They were very respectful and just sniffed her a
little. I think they knew what was going on. Chyna, my husky mix,
looked concerned.

She used to come into the hall when I came home from work but lately
she just stayed asleep on the bed. For the past few days, there had
been dried blood around her mouth, though I never saw the actual
bleeding. Her tongue was sticking farther out the side of her mouth,
so I assumed the tumor had grown larger.

Yesterday was a pretty nice day. I took her outside and we sat in the
sun and dozed. The dogs were out with us. Kodi, my chow mix, had
become fixated on Annie, constantly sniffing her whenever they were in
the same room. I assume he smelled the cancer. When we were outside,
he kept wanting to lick her. She wasn't too crazy about a big wet dog
tongue being in her face.

I got Annie and her brother Jake from my brother's barn cat in Aug.
1995. They were the first pets that were actually mine. I didn't
know too much about cats. Looking back, I wish I had handled them
more. Annie pretty much kept to herself, she was a very timid girl.
She could usually be found under the bedspread.

I had a canary when I got them. One day he got out and the cats had a
field day chasing him around the room. Finally he landed behind a
chair. When I went to get him, Annie had her paw on him, holding him
for me. What a good girl!

I told her to look for Smokey, who just passed on Friday.

Thanks for all the purrs and warm wishes over the past month and a
half.

Theresa

Old April 2nd 07, 04:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

I am so very sorry for your loss, but have a hug for respecting your friend
and doing what is right for her, no matter the pain for yourself, purrs to
heal your pain, Lee
ups.com...

Old April 2nd 07, 05:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Randy

"theresa" wrote:
Annie went to the rainbow bridge today at 10:26 a.m .

I told her to look for Smokey, who just passed on Friday.

Thanks for all the purrs and warm wishes over the past month and a
half.

Theresa

Sending healing purrs. I hope she finds Smokey and they become great friends.

Randy

http://picasaweb.google.com/crmartin1

http://kittenwar.com/kittens/74045/

Old April 2nd 07, 05:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana

On 2 Apr 2007 08:50:00 -0700, "theresa"
yodeled:

[...]

Purrs for your dear Annie, and you too.

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War
Old April 2nd 07, 05:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

I'm so sorry to hear of Annie's passing. I've kept up with your
reports of her and her chemo. I was hoping that this would
be a case where it worked wonders. I know that you had
a hard decision to make in helping her to RB. I'm glad that
you were brave enough when the time came. I know you and
those in your househole will miss her greatly. Purrs for Annie's
crossing and purrs of comfort to you.

Debbie

Old April 2nd 07, 05:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CDC

I'm so very sorry for your loss - hugs & purrs from myself, Target, Snoopy,
and a bark from Mox.

- Cindy

--
CDC

If you're going through hell, keep going
- Winston Churchill
ups.com...

Old April 2nd 07, 05:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Victor Martinez

theresa wrote:
I told her to look for Smokey, who just passed on Friday.

I'm so sorry to hear that. Both Smokey and Annie will be well taken care
of by the RPCA gang at the RB.

Purrs.

Victor

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old April 2nd 07, 05:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Daniel Mahoney

On Mon, 02 Apr 2007 08:50:00 -0700, theresa wrote:

Thanks for all the purrs and warm wishes over the past month and a
half.

Theresa

I am so very sorry.

Old April 2nd 07, 05:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

theresa wrote:
[...]

Purrs for Annie to meet up with furrends on the other side of the bridge.
Purrs for her hoomins still waiting to see her again. It's so hard to let
them go. My thoughts are with you.

Jill

Met Annie and Jim Victor Martinez Cat anecdotes 4 March 11th 07 08:52 PM
Update on Annie theresa Cat anecdotes 8 March 8th 07 07:15 PM
(Not) My Cat Annie... MatSav Cat anecdotes 5 January 16th 07 03:28 PM
Post from Annie Pamela Shirk Cat anecdotes 4 March 15th 06 09:48 PM
Annie Wxill Pat Cat anecdotes 0 September 20th 05 01:45 AM