May I ask for some purrs?

Old June 17th 07, 05:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

Default May I ask for some purrs?

jofirey wrote:
"jmcquown" wrote in message
Ginger-lyn wrote:
Any purrs to help him be amenable to our needs, and that we somehow
find the wherewithal to make this move, and that it is a good move
and we are safe there (whew!) are appreciated!

Thanks so much!

Ginger-lyn
NOT looking forward to sorting through 21 years of accumulation and
having to be absolutely ruthless in throwing things out . . ..

Purrs on the way that this will work out for you. The new landlord
at your
current home is obviously a jerk. He'll probably see a mass exodus
of tenants due to his nit-picking.

Jill

Sometimes that's the whole idea.

He may have reasons he wants to empty the place out and its cheaper
for him if most everyone leaves on their own.

Jo

An excellent point, Jo. But unless he wants to tear the place down and do
something else with the property, where on earth is he going to find a
tenant or tenants who will stay for 21 years!!!!!?

Jill

Old June 17th 07, 07:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

Stormin Mormon wrote:
I don't think you need permission on an open forum like this.

Permission for what? She's asking for purrs, not permission. Sheesh!

Jill

"Ginger-lyn" wrote in message
ink.net...
I think I've posted about my apartment situation. To summarize, the
landlord sold the building to a real estate agent who set off my
alarm

Old June 17th 07, 07:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jofirey

"jmcquown" wrote in message
jofirey wrote:
"jmcquown" wrote in message
Ginger-lyn wrote:
[...]

He can upgrade to section 8 specifications and get more rent, or he could
completely remodel and resell, possible as condos depending on the location.

In some states it is hard to increase rent on current tenants.

Jo

Old June 17th 07, 07:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jofirey

"jmcquown" wrote in message
Stormin Mormon wrote:
I don't think you need permission on an open forum like this.

Permission for what? She's asking for purrs, not permission. Sheesh!

Jill

Repeat after me. And this is not aimed at Jill. (I forget as easily as
anyone)

Do not reply to the asshole. Do not quote the asshole.

Sole purpose of said AH is to drive a very nice person out of the group.
(Power trip)

And or to disrupt the group and make us snappish with each other.

I only quoted this time as I couldn't figure out how to make sense
otherwise.

Now. Everybody else. I love you guys. You make me smile on some very grim
days. You share your lives and let me share mine. I think that makes you
friends. A group of friends I couldn't be any prouder to be a part of.

So this is a virtual hug for you all. Wish it could be a real one. And a
smile. And some purrs. Clean litter boxes and sunny days to you all.

I think I'll go light the multi-purpose raspberry/framboise candle now.
Just because...

Jo

Old June 17th 07, 08:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Randy

Ginger-lyn wrote:

Any purrs to help him be amenable to our needs, and that we somehow find
the wherewithal to make this move, and that it is a good move and we are
safe there (whew!) are appreciated!

Thanks so much!

Ginger-lyn
NOT looking forward to sorting through 21 years of accumulation and
having to be absolutely ruthless in throwing things out . . ..

Lots of purrs on the way.

Randy

http://picasaweb.google.com/crmartin1

http://kittenwar.com/kittens/74045/

Old June 17th 07, 09:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian A

jofirey wrote:
"jmcquown" wrote in message
Stormin Mormon wrote:
[...]

I do hope people take notice of you, Jo, that creep has caused enough
trouble here.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.

Old June 17th 07, 11:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Ginger-lyn wrote:
Problem is, Gary told him we have cats, but not how many. I filled out
the application on-line, and it asked what kind and how many, so I had
to be honest. Plus the app said he charges a refundable one-time pet
fee, too. :-( So I have no idea if he's going to freak out and say "NO
way" or sigh and say "Okay!" Hell, I'm not sure how we are going to
come up with what we need financially to make a move, even. I'm just
praying that we can somehow. And that he's not freaked out about 9 cats!

Any purrs to help him be amenable to our needs, and that we somehow find
the wherewithal to make this move, and that it is a good move and we are
safe there (whew!) are appreciated!

Plenty of purrs on the way from this location! One reason
I've always tried to control my passion for cats is that
I've always lived in rental property. (If I had ever managed
to own my own home, I would probably have acquired twenty or
so in practically no time.) However, until I moved here,
I've always rented where the landlords lived on the
premises, or next-door, and could see for themselves that I
was a responsible person, so never gave me any flak about
having two or three cats (even if their intial ad said "no
pets"). My present apartment is my first experience with a
really LARGE complex (1220 units, ablut 100 buildings). And
I am far from enchanted! I lived in Southern California for
over fifty years, and NEVER encountered "pet rent" until I
relocated to Arizona.

Good luck with the move - I hope everything works out for
you, financially, and that the cats are happy in their new home.
Old June 17th 07, 11:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Lesley wrote:

When I had the cleaners around in October I got rid of 3 years worth
of rubbish (the last time we'd had a ruthless clean out) and it filled
10 bags- and looking around now when they come to do our windows I
reckon I can fill another 5 bags. Okay last time, the ruthlessness was
all my stuff as I didn't feel I should throw out Dave's personal
possessions (apart from the blindingly obvious like an old CD player
and a video neither of which had worked for years and he still said
why did I do that? Apparently he was going to try and fix them well
he'd been saying that for ages!).

One reason a friend of mine finally left her husband was
that she was tired of having the transmission from his
Triumph sportscar as a permanent fixture in the middle of
the living-room floor because he was "going to fix it".
(BTW, she put up with it for THREE YEARS!)
Old June 18th 07, 12:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormin Mormon[_2_]

Q: May I ask for some purrs?
A: Yes, you may.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

:

Old June 18th 07, 12:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormin Mormon[_2_]

She asked a very specific question, and I gave a very specific
answer. Why are you degrading this forum into name calling?

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

"jofirey" wrote in message
:
: "jmcquown" wrote in message
: ...
: Stormin Mormon wrote:
[...]

Purrs of condolence and also job purrs needed Gabey8 Cat anecdotes 15 April 7th 06 05:44 PM
Purrs to all in need kilikini Cat anecdotes 1 March 26th 06 12:55 AM
Purrs, please? JBHajos Cat anecdotes 37 December 16th 05 03:40 AM
Can I have some get-well purrs please? Karen AKA Kajikit Cat anecdotes 36 September 7th 05 08:59 PM
Kitty purrs and tuna purrs Dan M Cat anecdotes 57 July 22nd 04 07:00 AM