not looking good for Muriel

Old June 18th 07, 05:18 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
GaDragonfly

Default not looking good for Muriel

On Jun 17, 5:39 pm, Jack Campin - bogus address
wrote:
About October last year, I found a lump between Muriel's front
legs.

Purrs x 4 on the way for you and Muriel and special headbutts for
Muriel from Sam who had his cancerous tumor removed last October as
well.

Julie, Hobbes, Lacey, Sam and Barnabus

Old June 18th 07, 02:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Randy

Jack Campin - bogus address wrote:
About October last year, I found a lump between Muriel's front
legs. She's about 17 so, figuring that if it was cancerous it
needed immediate action, I took her to the vet straight away.
The vet removed a greyish blob, couldn't guess what it was - she
initially thought it might have been an airgun pellet - but took
away the adjacent breast tissue and one nipple just in case. It
turned out to be an adenocarcinoma (i.e. much the same as the
commonest type of human breast cancer). This has a very bad
prognosis, but for a few months it looked like she'd dodged the
bullet. She developed a couple of what felt like skin warts or
moles over the next few months but they didn't enlarge. She's
been perfectly fit, you'd never guess her age.

I've just found another lump on her other side that feels just
like the original one, well under the skin. Doesn't look good
at all. We'll get her to the vet this week but I doubt there's
much that can be done. The one positive factor is that since
the original lump was encapsulated with a poor blood supply,
her system must be good at fighting this.

Sending you and Muriel major purrs.

Randy

http://picasaweb.google.com/crmartin1

Old June 18th 07, 08:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Inge Grotjahn

Am 17.06.2007 schrieb Jack Campin - bogus address:

I've just found another lump on her other side that feels just
like the original one, well under the skin. Doesn't look good
at all. We'll get her to the vet this week but I doubt there's
much that can be done. The one positive factor is that since
the original lump was encapsulated with a poor blood supply,
her system must be good at fighting this.

I'm so sorry to read your post:-( Our gang purrs up a storm for the
fighter Muriel and for you.

Purrs from
Inge and the catgang
--
CatManiacs World: http://www.gwsystems.com/inge
Old June 18th 07, 08:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Debbie Wilson

Jack Campin - bogus address wrote:

I've just found another lump on her other side that feels just like the
original one, well under the skin. Doesn't look good at all. We'll get
her to the vet this week but I doubt there's much that can be done. The
one positive factor is that since the original lump was encapsulated with
a poor blood supply, her system must be good at fighting this.

Many purrs for Muriel to get through this for a second time, and have a
few more happy years with you all.

Deb.
--
http://www.scientific-art.com

"He looked a fierce and quarrelsome cat, but claw he never would; He
only bit the ones he loved, because they tasted good." S. Greenfield
Old June 18th 07, 09:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

Adrian A wrote:
Jack Campin - bogus address wrote:
I've just found another lump on her other side that feels just
like the original one, well under the skin. Doesn't look good
at all. We'll get her to the vet this week but I doubt there's
much that can be done. The one positive factor is that since
the original lump was encapsulated with a poor blood supply,
her system must be good at fighting this.

Purrs for a good prognosis for Muriel.

Purrs on the way for Muriel.

Jill

Old June 18th 07, 10:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ann

Purrs on the way.
Ann

see pictures of Sam at http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/ann791/my_photos
"Jack Campin - bogus address" wrote in message
[...]

============== j-c ====== @ ====== purr . demon . co . uk
==============
Jack Campin: 11 Third St, Newtongrange EH22 4PU, Scotland | tel 0131 660
4760
http://www.purr.demon.co.uk/jack/ for CD-ROMs and free | fax 0870 0554
975
stuff: Scottish music, food intolerance, & Mac logic fonts | mob 07800 739
557

Old June 19th 07, 03:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Jack Campin - bogus address wrote:

I've just found another lump on her other side that feels just
like the original one, well under the skin. Doesn't look good
at all. We'll get her to the vet this week but I doubt there's
much that can be done. The one positive factor is that since
the original lump was encapsulated with a poor blood supply,
her system must be good at fighting this.

So sorry to hear about Muriel. We'll be purring for a good outcome.

Old June 19th 07, 03:55 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Susan M

"Jack Campin - bogus address" wrote in message

I've just found another lump on her other side that feels just
like the original one, well under the skin. Doesn't look good
at all. We'll get her to the vet this week but I doubt there's
much that can be done. The one positive factor is that since
the original lump was encapsulated with a poor blood supply,
her system must be good at fighting this.

Purrs are on the way for Muriel.

Susan M
Otis and Chester

Old June 19th 07, 06:49 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ginger-lyn

[...]

I am so sorry, Jack. I am sending purrs that it is just a lipoma,
rather that what it appears to be.

Ginger-lyn
Old June 20th 07, 11:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jack Campin - bogus address

I've just found another lump on her other side that feels just
like the original one, well under the skin. Doesn't look good
at all. We'll get her to the vet this week but I doubt there's
much that can be done. The one positive factor is that since
the original lump was encapsulated with a poor blood supply,
her system must be good at fighting this.

I'm so sorry to read your post:-( Our gang purrs up a storm for the
fighter Muriel and for you.

Thanks Inge (and everybody else). We took her to the vet, who found
a few other small lumps, but all small and superficial, nothing that
palpably affects any internal organs. Since chemo does nothing for
this and there are too many to operate on if they are in fact cancerous,
we can just wait. She's in such good general health that she could
hang in there for a very long time.

As long as the crunchies keep coming and she gets to sleep on the
pillow as my furry nightcap she doesn't give a damn. I do hope that
trying to wash the top of my head at 3am is a passing phase.

(We took her in the same basket as Chloe, who needs a general checkup
and a dematting under anaesthetic - Chloe is so timid we figured it
was better for her to go with a friend, and it worked, neither of them
gave a single meow on the way there. Chloe is still at the vet's
until they can schedule a time for her).

What's good for the cat is good for the baby, and VV Caroline S. Cat anecdotes 4 May 30th 07 10:31 PM
[OT] Me good boy. Me get hug. polonca12000 Cat anecdotes 0 February 28th 07 09:56 PM
[OT] Me good boy. Me get hug. Ketzl's Dad Cat anecdotes 0 February 26th 07 03:15 PM
A Good Day Marina Cat anecdotes 13 October 14th 05 03:27 PM
Good Job UTB rulz Cat health & behaviour 1 September 14th 05 08:35 PM