Purrs, please for ill FIL

Old June 13th 07, 05:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Daniel Mahoney

Default Purrs, please for ill FIL

I posted a couple months ago about my father-in-law having a minor stroke.
Nancy and I have been visiting as often as we can. Up until our last visit
(this last weekend), Clancy has been making excellent progress. However,
last week he developed pneumonia and it has really been sapping his
strength. It looks like he has lost a lot of ground in just a few days.

He needs to kick this pneumonia, and he needs to retrain the muscles
involved in swallowing. Based upon how he had been doing on prior visits,
I believe he is capable of doing this.

I'd like to ask for group purrs for Clancy's health to improve. And since
Nancy is not dealing at all well with seeing her dad in such a fragile
state, I'd also like to ask for purrs for Nancy.

Thanks.

Dan
Old June 13th 07, 06:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Daniel Mahoney wrote:

I'd like to ask for group purrs for Clancy's health to improve. And since
Nancy is not dealing at all well with seeing her dad in such a fragile
state, I'd also like to ask for purrs for Nancy.

Of course, Dan. Lots of purrs for Clancy and Nancy.

Old June 13th 07, 06:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

Purrs and hugs for Clancy and Nancy.

--
Joy

Words - so innocent and powerless as they are, as standing in a dictionary,
how potent for good and evil they become in the hands of one who knows how
to combine them.
--Nathaniel Hawthorne

news

Old June 13th 07, 06:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
mlbriggs

On Wed, 13 Jun 2007 11:38:40 -0500, Daniel Mahoney wrote:

I posted a couple months ago about my father-in-law having a minor stroke.
Nancy and I have been visiting as often as we can. Up until our last visit
(this last weekend), Clancy has been making excellent progress. However,
last week he developed pneumonia and it has really been sapping his
strength. It looks like he has lost a lot of ground in just a few days.

He needs to kick this pneumonia, and he needs to retrain the muscles
involved in swallowing. Based upon how he had been doing on prior visits,
I believe he is capable of doing this.

I'd like to ask for group purrs for Clancy's health to improve. And since
Nancy is not dealing at all well with seeing her dad in such a fragile
state, I'd also like to ask for purrs for Nancy.

Thanks.

Dan

Sending purrs for all. MLB

Old June 13th 07, 06:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

Daniel Mahoney wrote:
I posted a couple months ago about my father-in-law having a minor
stroke. Nancy and I have been visiting as often as we can. Up until
our last visit (this last weekend), Clancy has been making excellent
progress. However, last week he developed pneumonia and it has really
been sapping his strength. It looks like he has lost a lot of ground
in just a few days.

He needs to kick this pneumonia, and he needs to retrain the muscles
involved in swallowing. Based upon how he had been doing on prior
visits, I believe he is capable of doing this.

I'd like to ask for group purrs for Clancy's health to improve. And
since Nancy is not dealing at all well with seeing her dad in such a
fragile state, I'd also like to ask for purrs for Nancy.

Thanks.

Dan

Purrs on the way for Clancy, Nancy and for you, of course.

Jill

Old June 13th 07, 07:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

On Jun 13, 11:38 am, Daniel Mahoney wrote:
He needs to kick this pneumonia, and he needs to retrain the muscles
involved in swallowing. Based upon how he had been doing on prior visits,
I believe he is capable of doing this.

I'd like to ask for group purrs for Clancy's health to improve. And since
Nancy is not dealing at all well with seeing her dad in such a fragile
state, I'd also like to ask for purrs for Nancy.

Thanks.

Dan

Purrs are on the way.
Annie

Old June 13th 07, 08:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
PatM

On Jun 13, 10:38 am, Daniel Mahoney wrote:
I posted a couple months ago about my father-in-law having a minor stroke.
Nancy and I have been visiting as often as we can. Up until our last visit
(this last weekend), Clancy has been making excellent progress. However,
last week he developed pneumonia and it has really been sapping his
strength. It looks like he has lost a lot of ground in just a few days.

He needs to kick this pneumonia, and he needs to retrain the muscles
involved in swallowing. Based upon how he had been doing on prior visits,
I believe he is capable of doing this.

I'd like to ask for group purrs for Clancy's health to improve. And since
Nancy is not dealing at all well with seeing her dad in such a fragile
state, I'd also like to ask for purrs for Nancy.

Thanks.

Dan

Sure thing Dan. Be strong for your Nancy. My mom recently had a
stroke and it's a hard, hard thing to deal with...and her having to be
supportive and uplifting for her father while her stomach is tied in
knots and her heart is breaking.

PatM

Old June 13th 07, 08:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian A

Daniel Mahoney wrote:
I posted a couple months ago about my father-in-law having a minor
stroke. Nancy and I have been visiting as often as we can. Up until
our last visit (this last weekend), Clancy has been making excellent
progress. However, last week he developed pneumonia and it has really
been sapping his strength. It looks like he has lost a lot of ground
in just a few days.

He needs to kick this pneumonia, and he needs to retrain the muscles
involved in swallowing. Based upon how he had been doing on prior
visits, I believe he is capable of doing this.

I'd like to ask for group purrs for Clancy's health to improve. And
since Nancy is not dealing at all well with seeing her dad in such a
fragile state, I'd also like to ask for purrs for Nancy.

Thanks.

Dan

Purrs on the way for Clancy, Nancy and you.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.

Old June 13th 07, 08:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
GaDragonfly

On Jun 13, 12:38 pm, Daniel Mahoney wrote:
I posted a couple months ago about my father-in-law having a minor stroke.
Nancy and I have been visiting as often as we can. Up until our last visit
(this last weekend), Clancy has been making excellent progress. However,
last week he developed pneumonia and it has really been sapping his
strength. It looks like he has lost a lot of ground in just a few days.

He needs to kick this pneumonia, and he needs to retrain the muscles
involved in swallowing. Based upon how he had been doing on prior visits,
I believe he is capable of doing this.

I'd like to ask for group purrs for Clancy's health to improve. And since
Nancy is not dealing at all well with seeing her dad in such a fragile
state, I'd also like to ask for purrs for Nancy.

Thanks.

Dan

Purrs x 4 and gentle headbutts as well for Clancy, Nancy and you too,
Dan.
Julie, Hobbes, Lacey, Sam and Barnabus

Old June 13th 07, 09:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Inge Grotjahn

Dear Dan,

Am 13.06.2007 schrieb Daniel Mahoney:

I'm sorry to read your post.

Get-Well-Soon purrs are coming over to Clancy, comforting and soothing
purrs are coming over to Nancy.

Purrs to you all from
Inge and the catgang
--