What Price For Kitty?

Old February 18th 05, 06:28 PM
Mary

"KellyH" wrote in message
"Phil P." wrote in message
nk.net...
May be if we didn't use sugar-coated words and descriptions and the used
the
proper words, they wouldn't be so easy to swallow and might sicken

enough
people and lawmakers to do something about it!

Phil

Reminds me of the South Park ep where they wanted to change the name of

veal
to "dead baby cow".

I like calling pork "pig." Just a friendly reminder of what we are really
eating. Pigs are sweet and intelligent.

Old February 18th 05, 07:54 PM
Orchid

On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 13:17:39 -0500, "KellyH"
wrote:

"Phil P." wrote in message
ink.net...
May be if we didn't use sugar-coated words and descriptions and the used
the
proper words, they wouldn't be so easy to swallow and might sicken enough
people and lawmakers to do something about it!

Phil

Reminds me of the South Park ep where they wanted to change the name of veal
to "dead baby cow".

Don't forget chicken. It should be 'dead baby chicken',
becausae chickens are slaughtered at 12 weeks old --chickens
'normally' live 7 years. And don't forget beef! Cows are slaughtered
at 16-22 months of age, and they could live to be 25! So I guess it's
'dead baby cow with pale meat' and 'dead baby cow with red meat'.
Lamb is, well, lambs, so 'dead baby sheep', and pigs go under the
knife at one year and they could live to 25, so it's 'dead baby pig'.

We have a penchant for eating babies, it seems.

Orchid
See Orchid's Kitties! -- http://nik.ascendancy.net/bengalpage
Want a Purebred Cat? Read This! -- http://nik.ascendancy.net/orchid
Old February 18th 05, 08:26 PM
-L.

-L. wrote:

i think she was talking about her,

^^ ^^

Geez! That should be "I" and "herself". Dang bad eye!

-L.

Old February 18th 05, 08:28 PM
-L.

rosie readandpost wrote:
: I will teach my son "not to sleep around" if and
: when the time comes........................

"sleeping around" is a perfect example of some of the the euphemisms
that are used for the act of intercourse.

educating our children about intercourse and using the proper
terminology, and its consequences SHOULD be a parents job, but there
are many, many, parents out there who do not!

i don't know one person who got pregnant by
"sleeping".....................

rosie
(this is not directed just at L )

Well, it shouldn't be directed at me at all- I put it in quotations
because that's the terminology the person I replied to used. Just for
clarification.

-L.

Old February 18th 05, 11:30 PM
Steve G

Orchid wrote:
(...)
We have a penchant for eating babies, it seems.

Yeah, and don't forget those baby carrots.

Steve.

Old February 18th 05, 11:33 PM
Mary

"-L." wrote in message
oups.com...

rosie readandpost wrote:
: I will teach my son "not to sleep around" if and
: when the time comes........................

"sleeping around" is a perfect example of some of the the euphemisms
that are used for the act of intercourse.

educating our children about intercourse and using the proper
terminology, and its consequences SHOULD be a parents job, but there
are many, many, parents out there who do not!

i don't know one person who got pregnant by
"sleeping".....................

rosie
(this is not directed just at L )

Well, it shouldn't be directed at me at all- I put it in quotations
because that's the terminology the person I replied to used. Just for
clarification.

-L.

Careful, careful, rosie, or Lynnie will complain to your
ISP. Gotta watch your step. lol

Old February 18th 05, 11:49 PM
Steve G

Phil P. wrote:
(...)
Oh, its no effort at all. In fact, threads like this make me
more cautious about who I place a cat with.

So, you find the thread useful...

S.

Old February 19th 05, 01:17 AM
Cheryl

On Fri 18 Feb 2005 03:36:53a, Phil P. wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav
et):

You're not the first basically nice person I've seen Usenet turn
into an asshole.

I guess I should have just started out that way. My only reason for
being on this group was to find help for my cat. After that, it was
to learn how to keep it from happening again. Period. Not to play
nicey nice, and I don't fake it here, or anywhere. Gawd, sound
familiar? If someone else is acting like an ass I'm not going to
ignore it just because some of you seem to like the other assholes.
Especially when my name gets brought up time and time again just for
some sickos amusement. Plus, life-changing events have a way of
changing you. Truth.

--
Cheryl
Old February 19th 05, 06:37 AM
-L.

Ashley wrote:
"-L." wrote in message
ups.com...

They are pretty cool looking cats. I would love to have a black
Sphynx, too, but will never buy a purebred. ;P

Why? Is it the "there's so many cats at shelters wanting a home"

attitude
that I've seen here quite frequently?

I have worked in cat rescue and shelters for over 15 years. I have
cleaned up dead piles of healthy cats. I have seen darling kittens go
down for absolutely no reason at all other than no one to care for
them.

See Phil's response - I'm sure he covered the rest.

-L.