Cat that doesn't knead

Old August 14th 03, 06:56 AM
KellyH

Default Cat that doesn't knead

Just curious, I have a cat that doesn't knead. All of my other cats knead,
and any other cat I've had did. I got her at about 8 months old, don't know
much about her life before that. She purrs and headbutts and likes to
cuddle, just doesn't do the kneading thing.

--
-Kelly
kelly at farringtons dot net

Old August 14th 03, 07:53 AM
Niels Peter

KellyH wrote:
Just curious, I have a cat that doesn't knead. All of my other cats
knead, and any other cat I've had did. I got her at about 8 months
old, don't know much about her life before that. She purrs and
headbutts and likes to cuddle, just doesn't do the kneading thing.

I'd say it's a variation within the normal range, just as some cats
never purr (at least not to the human ear).

--
Niels Peter
www.bluewhite.dk

Old August 14th 03, 11:14 AM
Cathy Friedmann

"KellyH" wrote in message
Just curious, I have a cat that doesn't knead. All of my other cats

knead,
and any other cat I've had did. I got her at about 8 months old, don't

know
much about her life before that. She purrs and headbutts and likes to
cuddle, just doesn't do the kneading thing.

One of my cats - whom I adopted when she was approx. 12 months - didn't
knead at all till she was 4 or 5 yrs. old. Since then, she does.

Cathy

("The Boy in the Bubble") Paul Simon