Persia and the Crackle Sack

Old March 19th 06, 01:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Persia and the Crackle Sack

EEEK! I bought this thing over a week ago for a couple of dollars and I
just *knew* Persia would hate it. But, like most of us, I can't stop myself
from buying something I think my cat might like. A crinkle/crackle sac is
something that is padded but makes noise like a plastic bag and she's been
afraid of those. I knew she'd either hate it, be scared of it but it was
only a couple of dollars and I'm always trying to find things she likes. Oh
no! She loves it!

Persia has decided this thing is the most fun since mommy dropped a slice of
buttered toast on the kitchen floor! In fact, it's her fun place to nap,
after she kneads it and makes it crackle like crazy. Oooh, it's crackling
but it's soft! Okay, so it doesn't contain food; she can taks naps on it.

Best couple of dollars I ever spent. Wait until I sprinkle catnip on it!

WEEBLES: come crackle with Persia!

Jill

Old March 19th 06, 02:25 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

jmcquown wrote:
[...]

Mimi is gone teluportin over to see her Boyfurrend, so I will be there
shortly to snuggly wif you on da krinkly fing . It will be niys to reelaks
wifout all dese babies runnin all ofur da place.

I be ofur der shortly.

Nose-kissies
Weebles
(steppin into da teluportur as soon as he sends dis message)

Old March 19th 06, 03:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

jmcquown wrote:
EEEK! I bought this thing over a week ago for a couple of dollars and I
just *knew* Persia would hate it. But, like most of us, I can't stop myself
from buying something I think my cat might like.

Our guys all hate their crackle sac. Maybe I should send it to Persia
once she kills that one

--Fil
who doesn't even remember where she put it

Old March 19th 06, 03:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

jmcquown wrote:
EEEK! I bought this thing over a week ago for a couple of dollars and I
just *knew* Persia would hate it. But, like most of us, I can't stop myself
from buying something I think my cat might like.

Our guys all hate their crackle sac. Maybe I should send it to Persia
once she kills that one

--Fil
who doesn't even remember where she put it

PS actually this is the ONLY thing all 4 have hated. Usually at least
SOMEONE likes a new toy.

Old March 19th 06, 03:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

jmcquown wrote:

EEEK! I bought this thing over a week ago for a couple of dollars and I
just *knew* Persia would hate it. But, like most of us, I can't stop myself
from buying something I think my cat might like. A crinkle/crackle sac is
something that is padded but makes noise like a plastic bag and she's been
afraid of those. I knew she'd either hate it, be scared of it but it was
only a couple of dollars and I'm always trying to find things she likes. Oh
no! She loves it!

You're lucky! I bought one of those (for quite a bit more
than "a couple of dollars"), because the cat was always into
paper bags, but managed to flatten them, so she couldn't
crawl into them anymore, and lost interest. This has a firm
wire around the opening, so you can prop one end open. It's
now been sitting aroung my living room for more than a year,
and both Melly and the new one, Cindy, ignore it! If I
throw a favorite toy into it, they may or may not try to
retrieve it, but as for crawling in, or lying on top of it,
forget it! (Jus proves, again, that no two cats are alike
- and you NEVER know what they'll enjoy until after you
spend the money to buy it!)

Old March 19th 06, 03:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

I used to make these as raffle items for our cat club. I used the
plastic tarps you can buy at the hardware store for the "crinkle" part
and they were even machine washable (gentle!).

PatM

Old March 19th 06, 07:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) wrote:
jmcquown wrote:

EEEK! I bought this thing over a week ago for a couple of dollars
and I just *knew* Persia would hate it. But, like most of us, I
can't stop myself from buying something I think my cat might like.
A crinkle/crackle sac is something that is padded but makes noise
like a plastic bag and she's been afraid of those. I knew she'd
either hate it, be scared of it but it was only a couple of dollars
and I'm always trying to find things she likes. Oh no! She loves
it!

You're lucky! I bought one of those (for quite a bit more
than "a couple of dollars"), because the cat was always into
paper bags, but managed to flatten them, so she couldn't
crawl into them anymore, and lost interest. This has a firm
wire around the opening, so you can prop one end open.

This one doesn't have a firm wire opening; she can crawl into it if she
wants to but so far she just likes to knead it and make those crackly sounds
then she naps on it. It's soft and padded on the outside.

now been sitting aroung my living room for more than a year,
and both Melly and the new one, Cindy, ignore it! If I
throw a favorite toy into it, they may or may not try to
retrieve it, but as for crawling in, or lying on top of it,
forget it! (Jus proves, again, that no two cats are alike
- and you NEVER know what they'll enjoy until after you
spend the money to buy it!)

You're right; no two cats are alike. But I can't resist the occasional
"I'll give this a try" impulse. She loves rattly mousies. I'd love to give
her things with feathers but then I'm afraid she'd equate those to my small
lovebird That's a no-no! (She's very good about not paying attention to
Peaches unless I give Peaches too much attention. Then she winds around my
legs, crying. Jealous!)

Jill

Old March 20th 06, 07:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Update: Persia and the Crackle Sack

jmcquown wrote:
EEEK! I bought this thing over a week ago for a couple of dollars
and I just *knew* Persia would hate it. But, like most of us, I
can't stop myself from buying something I think my cat might like. A
crinkle/crackle sac is something that is padded but makes noise like
a plastic bag and she's been afraid of those. I knew she'd either
hate it, be scared of it but it was only a couple of dollars and I'm
always trying to find things she likes. Oh no! She loves it!

Don't rub catnip on the crackle sack. Persia will not only knead it but
she'll roll around and grab and hunt and track it.

This just in: The crackle sack was last seen moving north in the dining
room but had succumbed to enemy attack (that being a fluffy grey cat
lounging on top after trapping it and folding it in half) and the crackle
sack halted its position. We are awaiting the disposition of the crackle
sack. We suspect if the cat bowl is filled, the enemy (this being the
fluffy cat) will decamp to the mess hall, post haste, thus giving the
crackle sack time to unfold and resume normal position.

More to come...

Jill

Old March 20th 06, 07:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Sat, 18 Mar 2006 18:46:55 -0600, "jmcquown"
yodeled:

[...]

Oooh, we're getting' some around here.

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War
Old March 24th 06, 09:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Love this report! Where would a Kitty Mom purchase a Crackle Sack?
--
Charleen

Mr. Pumpkin
Aggie Marble