Spot-On - Time to work for ear mites?

Old September 4th 08, 09:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
DWMeowMix

Default Spot-On - Time to work for ear mites?

On Sep 3, 10:37*am, MaxMom wrote:
yngver;646179 Wrote:

I wanted to hear from anyone who had successfully handled this problem
themselves. *But, thanks for taking the time to reply.

MaxMom

--
MaxMom- Hide quoted text -

I use 1/2 an eyedropper full of a mix of olive oil and vitamin e oil
every other day for a week. Make sure you rub it in a bit then let
kitty shake her head. Swab with cotton swab to get black, ugly gunk
out of the ear (this can be tough depending on the cat). This will
smother the adult mites and Vit E oil will promote healing. Let the
ears rest for 3 days. Then substitute the oil mix with 1/2 dropper
full of the herb Yellowdock (diluted - 2 full droppers in 1 oz of
spring water) every 3 days for 6 weeks. This will kill the emerging
mites. The eggs hatch in cycles so this method while it takes some
time will kill the merging mites.

The Yellowdock shouldn't cost more than $10. I'd be surprised if it
cost that much. I think I paid $8.95 for mine. If the condition does
not improve or worsens, get thee to a vet! Mites can cause very
serious problems for pets. Read it he http://www.petshealth.com/dr_library/earmite.html

Good luck!
DWMeowMix
Old September 4th 08, 09:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
CatNipped[_2_]

"cybercat" wrote in message

"CatNipped" wrote

What I'm having done is an "anterior cervical discectomy with fusion at
C6 and C7".

You are doing this because you are in chronic pain?

Yep, horrible, stabbing, debilitating pain 24/7 and have been for 2 years
now. And I can't take pain medication - it causes pain in my stomach worse
than the pain I'm trying to relieve.

I had an accident that sent me flying through the air and the first part of
me to hit the concrete was my right hand. It shattered by wrist bones, but
the ER was so busy treating illegal aliens for the sniffles* that they
didn't bother to take any x-rays or tests other than of the wrist. What I
found out later was that not only had I shattered my wrist but I had a
"compression injury" that ruptured a disc in my neck and cracked two
vertebrae which then "over grew" causing both disc and bone to press down on
the nerve leading out from my spinal cord.

Not only do I have pain, but I've been getting numbness in my right hand and
I'm starting to lose coordination of my right hand and arm (I'm constantly
dropping things). This really scared me because that meant the end of my
ability to earn a pay check!

It took me this long to get this taken care of because, after I finally
insisted on a doctor doing an MRI a year ago, the radiologist mis-read it
and said the injury was in another part of my neck which doesn't control the
right arm and hand. So doctors (I saw THREE before my present neurosurgeon)
told me I was crazy (one actually told me to see a psychiatrist) because the
injury described by the radiologist couldn't possibly be causing the
symptoms I was having.

I finally found a neurosurgeon who actually *looked* at the MRI films and
found the problem. I'm just hoping I haven't waited to long and caused
permanent damage to the nerves in my neck.

* Illegal aliens here in Houston use the ERs as a "free clinic" because by
law - Houston being a "sanctuary city" - hospitals have to treat them and
then they can walk out without paying)

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old September 5th 08, 03:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"MaxMom" wrote
Where do you TWO get off venting at me???? You are a couple of WHACKOS
with all your assumptions!!! My Vet screwed up!!! DON'T SEND ANY MORE
REPLIES!!!! YOU TWO HAVE TOO MANY PERSONAL PROBLEMS!!!!!

Um. This is Usenet, moron. An open forum. You asked how to treat your cats
for ear mites without a vet's help.

Old September 5th 08, 05:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
dejablues[_4_]

"MaxMom" wrote in message
Where do you TWO get off venting at me???? You are a couple of WHACKOS
with all your assumptions!!! My Vet screwed up!!! DON'T SEND ANY MORE
REPLIES!!!! YOU TWO HAVE TOO MANY PERSONAL PROBLEMS!!!!!

You get what you pay for at the lame "catbanter" website , asshat.
Please rehome your cats, because you are far too stupid to care for any
other living
creatures.

Old September 5th 08, 06:07 AM
MaxMom MaxMom is offline
Junior Member

Location: Ontario, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybercat View Post
"CatNipped" wrote in message
"CatNipped"
wrote in message
"CatNipped"
wrote in message
"cybercat"
wrote in message

"MaxMom"
wrote

mites? The answer is 5 days in case anyone is interested. But you
all
are a very interesting Group. Thanks for the warm welcome.

People who care about cats tend to take a dim view of assholes like you
who do not get them vet care when they need it.

And I know we've been over this before, but I just can't stand to hear,
even one more time, "I don't have the money"! ****, *I* don't have the
money either - I *FIND* the goddamned money, I *BORROW* the ****ing
money, I *GO WITHOUT LUNCH FOR A WEEK* to get the goddamned, ****ing
money!!!!

Sorry, CC, I know I don't usually get this vulgar, but sometimes you
gotta vent the steam or just blow the **** up! ;

OK, I'm nervous about my surgery tomorrow and this might be the last
word I ever have on this subject so I let go with both barrels!!!

Hugs,

CatNipped

And this is also just after spending $45 at the vet because Archer was
spending more time sleeping under my bed than I thought he should - to be
told he's just lazing out the heat wave. And the another $45 at the vet
because Demi had a zit on her chin (actually a teeny, tiny abscess that
the vet squeezed and told me to put antibiotic cream on).

Hugs,

CatNipped

*And* this on top of spending a gajillion dollars on my surgery tomorrow
and having to go on 2/3 pay for 2 - 4 weeks while I'm out on disability -
*and* on top of having our hot water heater break and finding out we can't
just replace it, we have to have an electrician re-wire the whole ****ing
house to bring it "up to code" even before spending a gajillion dollars on
the new heater and a plumber to install it (so we're taking cold showers
for the foreseeable future)!

Can I keep venting for a while - this is therapeutic and it doesn't cost
$100 an hour like a shrink would (though you might think I need one if I
keep talking to myself like this)??!!

You go, baby. You've more than earned the right! Hope things get better
soon.

Old September 5th 08, 05:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cshenk

"MaxMom" wrote

Hi! Missed the start of this one. Meant to reply but 'oh well'.

http://petsbestrx.com/EarMites/?gcli...FQIWFQoduwXPiQ

There's a link to a possible source that talks about ear mites and
treatments. A vet is still indicated, but if you have no choice, this is
better than letting it go on longer.

Old September 5th 08, 07:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Cat Protector

I would talk to your vet an see if they can recommend something that would
be safe for him. Good luck!

"MaxMom" wrote in message

Hi - I'm new here and need all the wisdom I can get for my Max. (I also
have Baby, but she's not suffering as badly).

Max has had ear mites for quite some time and I tried Baby oil and
cotton swabbing them, but after a month there was no difference and
they had gone to his tail causing hair loss. So, 2 days ago I bought
some Zodiac Spot-On and I'm wondering first of all if anyone knows how
long it will take to see if it is working or not and secondly, does
anyone know if I can put ear-mite drops in
his ears while he has the Zodiac stuff on him? If anyone has any
ideas about what to do about his dry fur I would really appreciate any
help I can get for this or, will that just get better when the ear
mites disappear?

Your help is very, very appreciated and direly needed.
Thanks,
MaxMom

--
MaxMom

Old September 6th 08, 02:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cshenk

"Cat Protector" wrote

I would talk to your vet an see if they can recommend something that would
be safe for him. Good luck!

True and probably a free phone call if 'Max's Mom' has a regular vet? That
wasnt clear to me.

Old September 9th 08, 09:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
CatNipped[_2_]

"MaxMom" wrote in message

Where do you TWO get off venting at me???? You are a couple of WHACKOS
with all your assumptions!!! My Vet screwed up!!! DON'T SEND ANY MORE
REPLIES!!!! YOU TWO HAVE TOO MANY PERSONAL PROBLEMS!!!!!

MaxMom

Your vet screwed up? Where in the following do you mention a vet??!
"Hi - I'm new here and need all the wisdom I can get for my Max. (I also
have Baby, but she's not suffering as badly).

Max has had ear mites for quite some time and I tried Baby oil and
cotton swabbing them, but after a month there was no difference and
they had gone to his tail causing hair loss. So, 2 days ago I bought
some Zodiac Spot-On and I'm wondering first of all if anyone knows how
long it will take to see if it is working or not and secondly, does
anyone know if I can put ear-mite drops in
his ears while he has the Zodiac stuff on him? If anyone has any
ideas about what to do about his dry fur I would really appreciate any
help I can get for this or, will that just get better when the ear
mites disappear?

Your help is very, very appreciated and direly needed. "
Please, I'd like to know - where in there is the word "vet"??? Backpedal
much, luv?

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old September 9th 08, 10:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Lynne

outsider wrote:

Geez, who left the sign on
the door saying trolls and imbiciles welcome?

hahaha. I see it's the same old, same old around here. Too bad.

Keep up the good fight!