Yoga with cats

Old February 5th 04, 02:51 PM
Victor Martinez

Default Yoga with cats

Wednesday is my yoga class. Yesterday's class was cancelled because the
teacher was sick, so I decided I'd try a yoga DVD I bought. I got home,
put on my workout clothes and cleared an area in front of the TV.
Yoga is challenging in itself, but try doing it with a handful of very
curious cats wanting to be right next to you. I almost stepped on Issa a
few times, and Rufous tried to climb my back when I was doing downward
dog! How can you possibly concentrate on your breathing when you have a
cat's butt on your face?
I should videotape this and sell it on the internet...

--
Victor Martinez
Send your spam he

Old February 5th 04, 06:00 PM
Ginger-lyn Summer

On Thu, 05 Feb 2004 13:51:44 GMT, Victor Martinez
wrote:

Wednesday is my yoga class. Yesterday's class was cancelled because the
teacher was sick, so I decided I'd try a yoga DVD I bought. I got home,
put on my workout clothes and cleared an area in front of the TV.
Yoga is challenging in itself, but try doing it with a handful of very
curious cats wanting to be right next to you. I almost stepped on Issa a
few times, and Rufous tried to climb my back when I was doing downward
dog! How can you possibly concentrate on your breathing when you have a
cat's butt on your face?
I should videotape this and sell it on the internet...

--
Victor Martinez
Send your spam he
Email me he

lol Victor. My DH does yoga, and Sabra has gotten into a routine of
doing it *with* him. Seriously. Sabra will lay near him, and do
stretches. Too funny

Ginger-lyn

Old February 5th 04, 08:28 PM
Hopitus2

Your kitty yoga videos should be at least as worthwhile saleable items as
that dude with the peanut-butter-lined tinfoil kitty hats.....

"Victor Martinez" wrote in message
: Wednesday is my yoga class. Yesterday's class was cancelled because the
: teacher was sick, so I decided I'd try a yoga DVD I bought. I got home,
: put on my workout clothes and cleared an area in front of the TV.
: Yoga is challenging in itself, but try doing it with a handful of very
: curious cats wanting to be right next to you. I almost stepped on Issa a
: few times, and Rufous tried to climb my back when I was doing downward
: dog! How can you possibly concentrate on your breathing when you have a
: cat's butt on your face?
: I should videotape this and sell it on the internet...
:
: --
: Victor Martinez
: Owned and operated by the Fantastic Seven (TM)
: Send your spam he
: Email me he

Old February 5th 04, 09:35 PM
jmcquown

Victor Martinez wrote:
downward dog! How can you possibly concentrate on your breathing when
you have a cat's butt on your face?
I should videotape this and sell it on the internet...

I'd buy a copy!! ROFL

Old February 5th 04, 11:22 PM
polonca12000

I'd love to see that, Victor, it must have been hilarious! But I think your
kitties are only trying to show you how to do yoga correctly
Best wishes,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"Victor Martinez" wrote in message
Wednesday is my yoga class. Yesterday's class was cancelled because the
teacher was sick, so I decided I'd try a yoga DVD I bought. snip I

Old February 6th 04, 04:36 AM
Susan M

LOL - two cats are bad enough. I can't imagine *seven*. I sense a
wonderful business opportunity for you - I'd buy a copy of your video!

My mat and props are all covered with chew and claw marks. Of course, much
of my yoga clothing is black so, say no more about what its covered with ...

Otis gets under me in downward dog pose and right where I need to land when
I'm doing hand balance, headstand or any inversions. They both sat down
under me during big bridge. It makes it harder to focus on the poses.
That's right - they were sent to me as a gift to enhance concentration ?!???

Meditation is horrible. I can observe with detatchment the sound of cats
walking on the carpet. It's harder to observe with detatchment the firm
application of claw to bare skin.

Let the fun continue ...

Susan M
Otis and Chester

Old February 6th 04, 02:37 PM
Victor Martinez

polonca12000 wrote:
I'd love to see that, Victor, it must have been hilarious! But I think your
kitties are only trying to show you how to do yoga correctly

Probably! One thing's for sure, they're significantly more flexible than
I am!

--
Victor Martinez
Send your spam he

Old February 6th 04, 07:18 PM
Helen Miles

"Victor Martinez" wrote in message

Yoga is challenging in itself, but try doing it with a handful of very
curious cats wanting to be right next to you.

Have they helped you master the full-body-cat-stretch-move yet Victor?!

Helen M

Old February 6th 04, 10:36 PM
Fan

wrote:

Wednesday is my yoga class. Yesterday's class was cancelled because the
teacher was sick, so I decided I'd try a yoga DVD I bought. I got home,
put on my workout clothes and cleared an area in front of the TV.
Yoga is challenging in itself, but try doing it with a handful of very
curious cats wanting to be right next to you. I almost stepped on Issa a
few times, and Rufous tried to climb my back when I was doing downward
dog! How can you possibly concentrate on your breathing when you have a
cat's butt on your face?
I should videotape this and sell it on the internet...

You should not give yogart to a cat. Milk products can upset their
stomach. What? What's that you say? Yoga, not yogart. "Oh...that's
very differnt....Never mind" Emily Latilla.

In that case, as another reply said, how about selling the video. You
could call it "Cats gone wild." You might have to certify that the
cats are over 18 though.