Into Italee: da Orient Eggspress continues...

Old January 10th 05, 05:52 AM
Her Royal Highness Cleopatra Silvercat

ChildFree23 wrote:

A lanky black short-hair smoking a Gauloise cigarette,
wearing a beret and a stained raincoat exits the car
and walks toward the train. Pardon! Bonjour?
Pierre comes to the door: "Yes? May I help you?"

He pulls out his wallet and shows Pierre his Visa card. "I
am Inspektur Jacques Chat-Clouseau of the Gendarmerie
Feline du France" and notices Pierre looking quizically
at his wallet. He looks, and then opens another
compartment which has his official ID card; he shrugs
with typical Gallic nonchelance. "I'd like to see your list
of passengers, if you would. And I am looking for a
particular kitty - a Captain Midnight. Do you know where
he is?"

Lilith Kitten-Mahoney pokes her head out of the window, from
the compartment she and Sammy the 'Venture Kitten are
smurgling in. "Just a moment! I'll go get him, sir." Lilith
exits the compartment and goes into the dining room, where her
bruffer, the Captain, is sharpening his claws on the finely
upholstered furniture. She sniffs his tail and then swipes at
it, meowing that he is needed outside.

Capt. Midnight, The Good Luck Black Cat, quickly washes his
whiskers and behind his ears, then leaves the dining room to
go outside. "Yes, Inspector Chat-Clouseau? How can I help
you?" the
good Captain asks most respectfully.

"Monsieur Capitaine Midnight, I am Inspektur Jacques Chat-Clouseau of
the Gendarmerie Feline du France. I assume you are aware of ze theft of
ze jewels just before your train left ze station?"

Captain Midnight nods his agreement.

"I have been assigned thees case. I am investigating ze theft, and ze
clues I have found so far point to somebody riding on this train. I hear
through ze grapevine zat you are investigating also. I wonder if you
would be so kind as to share the results of your investigation with me?"

Captain Midnight replies "Of course! I believe your - car - will be safe
there, so why don't you grab your bags and join me in my stateroom. I'll
show you what I have so far".

The two kitties climb into the car and retire to Capt. Midnight's cabin.

Captain Midnight lists all of the evidence he has collected so far:
"I'll list them in the order we observed them. First, an odd group of
cats boarded the train at the station we left from. Four of them have
the appearance of street toughs dressed up in clothes they are
unfamiliar with. They are travelling with two well-dressed, well
mannered cats who appear to be kitties of some class. They claim to be
quality inspectors for a manufacturer of quality cat litter, but the
rough part of the group have shown themselves to know nothing of quality
litter. I was able to get pawprint ID on all of the rough bunch, but the
two well-dressed kitties have no criminal records.

The pawprint examination also showed that the bartender kitty has a
criminal record from America, but investigation into his background show
him living an exemplary lifestyle for the last few years.

At our second stop, an older, dignified male cat and an elderly,
apparently down-on-her-luck lady cat boarded the train. One of our
Community members was able to identify them as the Don-cat of an
important underworld clowder and a Countess whose family fortune has
seen better days.

Finally, we have a reclusive kitty who never leaves his stateroom. I
need to talk to our Community members when they return from their
daytrip to see if anyone has seen or heard anything of the reclusive cat."

Inspector Chat-Clouseau finishes writing his notes and puts his notebook
away. "Most impressive, ze information you have collected. I would be
honored if you would agree to work wiz me in this investigation".

Old January 10th 05, 08:22 AM
Miss Violette

Its wonnerful, You shuld see da one mines ladywink buyed minself fur a
prezzie, itsa baby blue anna really big anna haz alla da optiozunz, az you
kan see her likez fast ridez, Tiger, Hi pawin hiz new friend, even if itz
not dat dignified
Elizabeth wrote in message
ups.com...
"Do you like it, Tiger?" says Monty (just a bit proudly...). "It's a
Ducati Multistrada 1000S DS bike, with air-cooled 992 cc engine, Ohlins
suspension system front and rear, 6-speed gearbox, and the optional
GPS. I ordered the American model, with the non-catalytic emission
system, but had them deliver it to the Milan office so I could pick it
up there." As he speaks, he unzips and steps out of his jumpsuit,
revealing a soft grey ribbed cashmere sweater over an open-collared
grey-striped shirt and black trousers. "It's delightful to be here in
the sun, with all our friends. It was _so_ chilly in Milan this
morning."

Old January 11th 05, 03:07 PM
Mlle. Anaïs ^..^

On Sun, 09 Jan 2005 21:52:43 -0800, Her Royal Highness Cleopatra Silvercat
wrote:

Finally, we have a reclusive kitty who never leaves his stateroom. I
need to talk to our Community members when they return from their
daytrip to see if anyone has seen or heard anything of the reclusive cat."

Inspector Chat-Clouseau finishes writing his notes and puts his notebook
away. "Most impressive, ze information you have collected. I would be
honored if you would agree to work wiz me in this investigation".

Captain Midnight smiles, and replies: "Fangu, Inspektor, I too would be
honored."

Inspektur Chat-Clouseau: "Bien sur! And the community kitties - where are
they now?

CM: "They are having lunch at the creamery/winery of the uncle of one of
our kitties, they will tour the area until dinner, and then that uncle and
our hostesses have arranged a dinner at Trattoria LaBuca. After dinner, we
will all return here and the train will continue on to Venice."

"Trattoria LaBuca! Isn't that run by Signora Miriam, a Norwegian Forest
Kitty? Ahhhh, a famous restaurant..." the Inspector's eyes glaze over as
he involuntarily licks his lips "Perhaps we should join them to be certain
that ummmm, all is well?"

CM: "Certainly, we can do that. Now, shall we ask Pierre again for that
passenger list? Or have a little lunch and take a nap until dinner?"

The Captain's cell phone rings "Yes, TV, good... um-hum, really? You
caught a glimpse of our mystery kitty?"

--
Purrs,

Mlle. Anaïs
1/11/2005 9:52:47 AM
anais+at+electric-ink+dot+com
Old January 11th 05, 03:12 PM
Mlle. Anaïs ^..^

On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 02:22:25 -0600, Miss Violette wrote:

Its wonnerful, You shuld see da one mines ladywink buyed minself fur a
prezzie, itsa baby blue anna really big anna haz alla da optiozunz, az you
kan see her likez fast ridez, Tiger, Hi pawin hiz new friend, even if itz
not dat dignified

As our kitties finish their lunches, Darius and Maria walk around chatting
with each of them. "And kitties, there is now a table set up with many of
our local cheeses, tiramisu and pastries, nip-tea and espresso. But save
some room for dinner tonight, Signora Miriam is cokking a wonderful dinner
for you!"

" The bus will be leaving again in a hour or so, and will take you through
the area and into Milan, if any of you would like to shop - then return to
Trattoria LaBuca for an 8:30 dinner. If any of you wish to stay here, we
have extra rooms with nap cushions, or you can tour the creamery and
winery, and then drive with us to the Trattoria."

--
Purrs,

Mlle. Anaïs
1/11/2005 10:08:07 AM
anais+at+electric-ink+dot+com
Old January 12th 05, 06:45 PM

Ms Trudi, mine hoomin haz bin wining 'bout thiz nu system & not payin
'tenshun 2 mine mayl!
I wud luf sum lunch! du u think we cud haf sum warm (not hothot!)
pitza? & sum uf that kreem? & sum uf efurything? BK whu haz been
missing Ms Trudi

Old January 13th 05, 02:16 PM
Miss Violette

We kan haf watefur you wantz, I likez efurythin, Soft sayed i iz a
foodkitty'spozal, Trudi, lookin ofur the choices... anna by da way juz tell
hersef soft hatez when da pooter actz mean alzo
oups.com...