Conan Update Mon. 6/20 9 am CST

Old June 20th 05, 06:14 PM
Mary

Default Conan Update Mon. 6/20 9 am CST

I just spoke with Hector, the regular shelter manager and let him know
Conan's sad story and that I want to pay his adoption fee if someone
expresses interest in him (with the condition that they will not declaw
him). I also mentioned that Conan's plight had caught the attention of
members of a global cat lover's forum, and that several people had expressed
a wish to donate toward Conan finding a forever home in the event that the
shelter personnel help us get him placed.

Hector was very nice, and sounds like a compassionate person. Because I will
be in and out this week he has my accountant's contact information, and will
call her if anyone expresses an interest in Conan. I told Hector that it
would be truly wonderful to have someone at the shelter who understood and
cared about what has happened to Conan, who might help us find him his
forever home.

I also stressed to Hector that we are all very concerned that Conan might
run out of time, told him he has been given until June 29th, and told him
that should he run out of time or appear to be in danger of that, to call
right away and we would find someone to come and get him.

While Katherine was very pleasant yesterday, Hector's warm tone and kind
words (he was clearly touched that so many people care about one little cat
enough to actually put their money where their mouths are) really inspired
confidence. I think he is our man, and will help see that Conan finds a
home.

Purrs everyone!

Old June 20th 05, 06:21 PM
biggerbadderbarry

Mary wrote:
update

Well this just makes me love you more.
And if your feeling hate towards me because I say that,
then at least I have been loved, you can't hate what you never loved.

I am very glad about Conan, I admire your pursuit to see him into a
good home.

You got my prayers.

Barry

Old June 20th 05, 06:49 PM
Beacon of Truth and Light via CatKB.com

What about all the other cats at the shelter that will be put to death?
Don't you care about them too?

But of course, focusing on Conan is your way of getting Philip's goat beause
he offended you.

You two deserve one another.

Old June 20th 05, 08:08 PM
Philip

biggerbadderbarry wrote:
Mary wrote:
update

Well this just makes me love you more.
And if your feeling hate towards me because I say that,
then at least I have been loved, you can't hate what you never loved.

I am very glad about Conan, I admire your pursuit to see him into a
good home.

You got my prayers.

Barry

Not so fast ... NOT SO FAST.

I took time out of my morning to visit OC shelter (June 20).

Conan is NOT in the Owner Relinquished cages or ... anywhere else that the
public can view him. In fact, Conan is .... STILL ... in animal quarantine
for treatment and observation. He was never scheduled for readoption. His
health re-evaluation is a week off. He STILL IS one sick kitty. The
quarantine kennel is not open to the public, even with an escort.

So keep those prayers coming!

Old June 20th 05, 08:14 PM
Mary

"Philip" wrote in message
k.net...
biggerbadderbarry wrote:
Mary wrote:
[...]

This is not true according to Katharine Wilson yesterday at
6:30 PM, or to Hector this morning. Katharine said specifically
that Saturday and Sunday he was "out there" meeting the public.

Anyone with any questions call 714-935-6570 and ask for
Hector. He will tell anyone who calls that I called him this
morning; Katharine will return Wednesday and may be
reached at the same number to verify the message she left
yesterday.

So now this asshole has resorted to flat-out lies. To
what end? CALL THE SHELTER, people. Find
out for yourselves.

Old June 21st 05, 09:30 AM
Meghan Noecker

On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 17:49:15 GMT, "Beacon of Truth and Light via
CatKB.com" wrote:

What about all the other cats at the shelter that will be put to death?
Don't you care about them too?

But of course, focusing on Conan is your way of getting Philip's goat beause
he offended you.

No. Don't you have a tendency to care more about the people and
animals that you know? We all feel bad when we hear about somebody
dying in a car accident, but it is much worse when it is somebody we
know.

Same thing with Conan. We were told how wonderful is and shown
pictures. We felt like he was a member of the family (this newsgroup).
So, when we learned his life could be in danger, it was more personal
than unknown cats.

It may not sound right to work hard at saving one while not being able
to save everybody. But we can't save everybody. We do have to pick and
choose.

Another example. I am sure there are lots of charities that we all
want to see succeed. Those that help children, those that work to cure
diseases, those that save animals, etc. There are hundreds of
charities. But we cannot afford to donate to all of them. So, we pick
and choose which ones are most important to us personally. It doesn't
mean that we think the others are not worthy. We just can't do it all.

--
Meghan & the Zoo Crew
Equine and Pet Photography
Old June 21st 05, 03:15 PM
Mary

CatKB.com" wrote:

[...]

If everyone tackled just their own little corner of the world--one
cat, one child, whatever--we could get it all done. It's much better
to save one than to become overwhelmed by how many need help
and not save any--which is what most people do.

Besides, this is just our mouthy little CatKB trollie.

Old June 21st 05, 08:20 PM
Ron Herfurth

"Mary" wrote in message
news:1119363352.5707e10b4a96da073d6f89b856c5a9b0@t eranews...

If everyone tackled just their own little corner of the world--one
cat, one child, whatever--we could get it all done. It's much better
to save one than to become overwhelmed by how many need help
and not save any--which is what most people do.

Rant Globally,
Act Locally.

Ron