Possibly the best kitten darkwalk yet

Old March 27th 05, 06:44 AM
Dan M

Default Possibly the best kitten darkwalk yet

We're once again in Phoenix, OR. We're taking it easy this weekend,
covering just 300 or 400 miles a day. After the previous week I can do
with some short-miles days.

Harri seemed to be feeling kind of punk today. She only spent about 30
minutes arm-napping when she usually does so for at least a few hours.
Instead she spent most of the day sleeping in the overhead or on the
bunk. She gets this way when the barometer is really dropping fast, so
I'm afraid the storm that's moving in is going to be a big one.

We took a kitten walk as sunset was approaching, but it only lasted 10
minutes. That was all the longer Harri wanted to stay out.

Once it got dark, though, was another matter! We took a walk at 7:45 PM
and just now returned (almost 9:30 PM). The temperature is in the mid
60s and there's a brisk breeze blowing. Harri would make a zoomy-dash
for a clump of grass, hunker down with the breeze in her face, enjoy
that breeze for 5 minutes or so, then get another zoomy-attack. She also
spent a lot of time subduing rock greeblings. I have to assume they were
greeblings, considering how she would pounce on them, bat them around,
grab them with both front paws and toss them in the air, then scoot
sideways around them before attacking again.

She also alternated between playing mighty lioness hunting in the
savannah, creeping from big clump of grass to big clump of grass, and
playing gazelle, leaping over weeds and rocks.

I absolutely LOVE to see her zoomy attacks! She also learned a new game
- she would make a zoomy dash out as far as the retractable leash would
let her go and soon as she comes to the end she hurls herself into the
air, turns around in mid-leap, and when she lands again she makes a new
zoomy-dash back towards me. It's quite a kick.
Old March 27th 05, 07:01 AM
jmcquown

Dan M wrote:
[...]

Harri is so much fun, Dan! You need more than a digital camera, you need a
video cam to catch her chasing greeblings! I'll bet no one knew there were
so many greeblings at those truck stops. I can see Leno or Letterman now,
asking truckers, "Have you ever seen a greebling?" "HUH?" (laughing) Well,
Harri-Roadcat knows they are there!

Jill

Old March 27th 05, 07:04 AM
Dan M

Harri is so much fun, Dan! You need more than a digital camera, you need a
video cam to catch her chasing greeblings! I'll bet no one knew there were
so many greeblings at those truck stops. I can see Leno or Letterman now,
asking truckers, "Have you ever seen a greebling?" "HUH?" (laughing) Well,
Harri-Roadcat knows they are there!

Jill

She does indeed! And silly human that I am, I thought they all just
looked like plain old garden-variety rocks. I guess it's a good think I
have such a fierce mighty huntress kitten to keep me safe.

Dan
Old March 27th 05, 07:10 AM
jmcquown

Dan M wrote:
Harri is so much fun, Dan! You need more than a digital camera, you
need a video cam to catch her chasing greeblings! I'll bet no one
knew there were so many greeblings at those truck stops. I can see
Leno or Letterman now, asking truckers, "Have you ever seen a
greebling?" "HUH?" (laughing) Well, Harri-Roadcat knows they are
there!

Jill

She does indeed! And silly human that I am, I thought they all just
looked like plain old garden-variety rocks. I guess it's a good think
have such a fierce mighty huntress kitten to keep me safe.

Dan

Silly human! Of course there are rock greeblings! There are bush
greeblings, tree greeblings, bedsheet greeblings, closet greeblings, mail
greeblings...

You are indeed lucky to have such a good huntress. She keeps you safe even
from ball-cap greeblings!

Jill

Old March 27th 05, 08:40 AM
Marina

Dan M wrote:
I absolutely LOVE to see her zoomy attacks! She also learned a new game
- she would make a zoomy dash out as far as the retractable leash would
let her go and soon as she comes to the end she hurls herself into the
air, turns around in mid-leap, and when she lands again she makes a new
zoomy-dash back towards me. It's quite a kick.

I love hearing about Harri's walks! Watching the kitten here, I can see
Harri doing all the moves you describe.

--
Marina, Frank, Nikki, and introducing: Mere!
Old March 27th 05, 09:26 AM
Marina

jmcquown wrote:
Silly human! Of course there are rock greeblings! There are bush
greeblings, tree greeblings, bedsheet greeblings, closet greeblings, mail
greeblings...

Not to mention under-the-rug greeblings, plant pot greeblings and shower
curtain greeblings (see recent update on Mere).

--
Marina, Frank, Nikki, and introducing: Mere!

Old March 27th 05, 06:13 PM
Dan M

Christine Burel wrote:

What a smart kitty! Would love to see the zoomy scenario!
Christine

My digicam takes some decent videos, but since our walks are all after
dark now it's not of much use. Maybe one of these days she'll consent to
another daytime walk and will get a zoomy attack.

Dan
Old March 27th 05, 08:26 PM
polonca12000

Absolutely! The world is a scary place
Best wishes,
--
Polonca & Soncek

Old March 28th 05, 04:01 AM
Enfilade

My digicam takes some decent videos, but since our walks are all after
dark now it's not of much use. Maybe one of these days she'll consent to
another daytime walk and will get a zoomy attack.

Dan

What do the other truckers say??

--Fil