my cat keeps losing his collar!

Old January 15th 08, 04:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.pets.cats.misc
dejablues[_2_]

Default my cat keeps losing his collar!

"Maxine G" wrote in message
. 33.102...
Hi. My cat has now lost about 5 collars in the neighborhood. This doesn't
count those that neighbors have found and returned. Many of the times he's
come in without it, he's also been a bit muddy, so I suspect he's been
crawling under some brush that's snagged it.

It's expensive because we have a magnetic cat door, so each time we
replace
a collar, we also have to replace the magnet and his tag.

We've tried several different types of collars - break-away and stretchy.
Obviously we want to continue to use a safety collar, so that he CAN get
out of it in an emergency.

Does anyone have a particular type of collar to recommend?

I've also considered getting some kind of device which would track the
collar, like one of those key rings that beeps. Any suggestions there?

Boo ****ing hoo.
Keep your cat indoors. The money you've spent on collars and cat doors will
pale in comparison to what you spend to cure the illnesses he gets from
roaming.

Old January 15th 08, 05:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.pets.cats.misc
AZ Nomad

On Tue, 15 Jan 2008 03:35:30 GMT, dejablues wrote:

"Maxine G" wrote in message
[...]

please don't feed this troll
Old January 15th 08, 06:16 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.pets.cats.misc
cybercat

"AZ Nomad" wrote in message
On Tue, 15 Jan 2008 03:35:30 GMT, dejablues wrote:

"Maxine G" wrote in message
5.33.102...
[...]

The sad thing is, the bitch is not a troll. Just another shallow asshole who
sees cats as not worthy of good care.

Old January 16th 08, 01:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav, rec.pets.cats.misc
honeybunch

On Jan 14, 7:52 pm, Maxine G wrote:
"blkcatgal" wrote m:

A great stretchy collar that you can try is Beastie Bands. They
velcro together but are made of a stretchy material that you could
just slip over the cat's head if you wanted. They are very light
weight too. My cats wear them and don't seem to mind. Check them out
at catconnection.com. (That's where I bought mine from.)

S.

Thanks. That's the first one he lost!

--
mgusenet+this year at pcg dot net

the beastie brand velcro collar looks great but the site is
impossible. YOu cant order one because it piles all these other
things on it. I give up. I wonder where else you can get those
collars.

Old February 29th 08, 02:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.pets.cats.misc
honeybunch

"blkcatgal" wrote m:

A great stretchycollarthat you can try is Beastie Bands. They
velcro together but are made of a stretchy material that you could
just slip over the cat's head if you wanted. They are very light
weight too. My cats wear them and don't seem to mind. Check them out
at catconnection.com. (That's where I bought mine from.)

S.

Thanks. That's the first one he lost!

--
mgusenet+this year at pcg dot net

the beastie brand velcrocollarlooks great but the site is
impossible. YOu cant order one because it piles all these other
things on it. I give up. I wonder where else you can get those
collars.

I just wanted to say the beastie brand velcro collar is a perfect
collar. I was going on a 2 week vacation and Beebe was staying at the
house of a friend and I wanted him to have his identification lavalier
on just in case he slipped outside so I ordered the collar from the
cat connection. The problem was it didnt come in time. If you order
a collar, you must realize that the cat connection is in Texas and if
you dont pay for 1st class shipment, the collar is sent like a letter
and it takes a very long time to come to Philadelphia PA from Texas
indeed. I dont understand why the us mail is sooo slow. So I had to
use the same old elastic collar from Petsmart. Beebe is very has a
very puffy coat and the beastie brand collar with a velcro closing is
so much more comfortable for him. Its very worthwhile getting this
collar plus the collar is quite attractive. Anyhow he never wanted to
escape. Quite the contrary. Someone here once wrote about his cat
looking for the "door to springtime." Well, Beebe has been doing just
that.

collar that doesn't come off? kitkat via CatKB.com Cat health & behaviour 28 October 24th 07 10:09 AM
Cat scratched off fur due to new collar FourCatServant Cat health & behaviour 21 August 1st 07 04:38 PM
Cat collar Monique Y. Mudama Cat anecdotes 4 May 31st 06 01:06 AM
Cat collar Kreisleriana Cat anecdotes 13 May 23rd 06 11:37 AM
Fitting a collar Mat Overton Cats - misc 10 February 4th 04 03:50 PM