Eww what's coming out of kitty's bum?

Old November 23rd 04, 08:32 AM
I.P.Freely

Default Eww what's coming out of kitty's bum?

I noticed yesterday that where my two 10 week old kitties sleep on the spare
bed there is what looks like a load of rice on the duvet. This morning
little Teal'c came over and said hello with his tail up and as he turned
away I saw a white wriggly thing coming out of his bum. I grabbed some
toilet paper and got the little beggar - it ia about 0.5cm long and looks
like a tiny maggot. I assume the rice are dead dried up ones.

I assume it is of course some sort of parasite but the vet gave me worming
stuff 3 weeks ago for both kitties and it doesn't look "long" like a worm.
His brother doesn't seem to be affected and Teal'c has always had a round
tummy compared with his bro.

Anyone know what these things are? Can't get a vet appointment until
tomorrow.

--

I.P.Freely

Old November 23rd 04, 08:43 AM
I.P.Freely

"I.P.Freely" wrote in message
I noticed yesterday that where my two 10 week old kitties sleep on the

spare
bed there is what looks like a load of rice on the duvet. This morning
little Teal'c came over and said hello with his tail up and as he turned
away I saw a white wriggly thing coming out of his bum. I grabbed some
toilet paper and got the little beggar - it ia about 0.5cm long and looks
like a tiny maggot. I assume the rice are dead dried up ones.

I assume it is of course some sort of parasite but the vet gave me worming
stuff 3 weeks ago for both kitties and it doesn't look "long" like a worm.
His brother doesn't seem to be affected and Teal'c has always had a round
tummy compared with his bro.

Anyone know what these things are? Can't get a vet appointment until
tomorrow.

Ah good old Google, looks like he has his own little pet tapeworm.
--

I.P.Freely

Old November 23rd 04, 12:06 PM
Magic Mood Jeep©

I.P.Freely wrote:
I noticed yesterday that where my two 10 week old kitties sleep on
the spare bed there is what looks like a load of rice on the duvet.
This morning little Teal'c came over and said hello with his tail up
and as he turned away I saw a white wriggly thing coming out of his
bum. I grabbed some toilet paper and got the little beggar - it ia
about 0.5cm long and looks like a tiny maggot. I assume the rice are
dead dried up ones.

I assume it is of course some sort of parasite but the vet gave me
worming stuff 3 weeks ago for both kitties and it doesn't look "long"
like a worm. His brother doesn't seem to be affected and Teal'c has
always had a round tummy compared with his bro.

Anyone know what these things are? Can't get a vet appointment until
tomorrow.

--

I.P.Freely

Those wriggly things are tapeworm 'segments' and contain the eggs to create
more tapeworms. Yes, the dried ones are what once were the wriggly things
that came out. Fleas eat on them, ingest the eggs, and when a cat is
cleaning itselg, it will ingest the flea, and viola, the cat will have
tapeworm.

Cat needs to get a wormer pill vrom the vet.
--?
The ONE and ONLY
former-blonde in Bloomington! (And proud of it, too)© email me at
nalee1964 (at) insightbb (dot) com

Old November 23rd 04, 12:36 PM
I.P.Freely

"Magic Mood Jeep©" wrote in message
I.P.Freely wrote:
[...]

Spoke to vet on phone, pills put on one side for me to collect.
--

I.P.Freely

Old November 23rd 04, 05:03 PM
Phil P.

"I.P.Freely" wrote in message
I noticed yesterday that where my two 10 week old kitties sleep on the

spare
bed there is what looks like a load of rice on the duvet. This morning
little Teal'c came over and said hello with his tail up and as he turned
away I saw a white wriggly thing coming out of his bum. I grabbed some
toilet paper and got the little beggar - it ia about 0.5cm long and looks
like a tiny maggot. I assume the rice are dead dried up ones.

I assume it is of course some sort of parasite but the vet gave me worming
stuff 3 weeks ago for both kitties and it doesn't look "long" like a worm.
His brother doesn't seem to be affected and Teal'c has always had a round
tummy compared with his bro.

Anyone know what these things are? Can't get a vet appointment until
tomorrow.

Do they look like this:

http://www.maxshouse.com/PreventHeal...eworms-seg.jpg

Here's a tapeworm up close and personal:

http://maxshouse.com/Parasitology/Ce...-Taeniidae.jpg

Old November 23rd 04, 06:23 PM
Mary

"I.P.Freely" wrote

Spoke to vet on phone, pills put on one side for me to collect.
--

Hope you can get the baby free of these icky things.

Old November 23rd 04, 09:05 PM
Cathy Friedmann

"I.P.Freely" wrote in message
I noticed yesterday that where my two 10 week old kitties sleep on the

spare
bed there is what looks like a load of rice on the duvet. This morning
little Teal'c came over and said hello with his tail up and as he turned
away I saw a white wriggly thing coming out of his bum. I grabbed some
toilet paper and got the little beggar - it ia about 0.5cm long and looks
like a tiny maggot. I assume the rice are dead dried up ones.

I assume it is of course some sort of parasite but the vet gave me worming
stuff 3 weeks ago for both kitties and it doesn't look "long" like a worm.
His brother doesn't seem to be affected and Teal'c has always had a round
tummy compared with his bro.

Anyone know what these things are? Can't get a vet appointment until
tomorrow.

Worms. Tapeworms. Very common in kittens or stray cats. When you bring
him to the vet, they'll worm him - the vet will give him med to rid him of
the worms. And will check for fleas. Both easily dealt with, don't worry.

Teal'c - inventive version of TLC? ;-)

Cathy

Old November 23rd 04, 09:07 PM
Cathy Friedmann

"I.P.Freely" wrote in message
Ah good old Google, looks like he has his own little pet tapeworm.

Yep, you're right; but the vet'll take care of it.

Cathy

Old November 23rd 04, 10:25 PM
KellyH

"I.P.Freely" wrote in message
"I.P.Freely" wrote in message
I noticed yesterday that where my two 10 week old kitties sleep on the

spare
bed there is what looks like a load of rice on the duvet. This morning
little Teal'c came over and said hello with his tail up and as he turned
away I saw a white wriggly thing coming out of his bum. I grabbed some
toilet paper and got the little beggar - it ia about 0.5cm long and looks
like a tiny maggot. I assume the rice are dead dried up ones.

snip

Ah good old Google, looks like he has his own little pet tapeworm.
--

I.P.Freely

Didn't you know Teal'c had a symbiote? :-P

-Kelly

Old November 24th 04, 12:38 AM
I.P.Freely

"KellyH" wrote in message
"I.P.Freely" wrote in message
"I.P.Freely" wrote in message
I noticed yesterday that where my two 10 week old kitties sleep on the

spare
bed there is what looks like a load of rice on the duvet. This morning
little Teal'c came over and said hello with his tail up and as he

turned
away I saw a white wriggly thing coming out of his bum. I grabbed some
toilet paper and got the little beggar - it ia about 0.5cm long and

looks
like a tiny maggot. I assume the rice are dead dried up ones.

snip

Ah good old Google, looks like he has his own little pet tapeworm.
--

I.P.Freely

Didn't you know Teal'c had a symbiote? :-P

OMG and now I have gone and killed it with a pill! Never mind - hopefully Q
his omnipotent brother will save him.
--

I.P.Free