Memphis and the plumber!

Old January 28th 05, 06:19 PM
Sandra

Default Memphis and the plumber!

Had a visit from the plumber today, he rang the doorbell, and as soon as I
opened it, Memphis shot out of the hall, into the lounge and under the sofa.
That took some doing as he is a big cat. He stayed there for ages. The
plumber went away to get something. Came back a while later. Rang the
bell.Memphis shot under the sofa again! Normally he is cautious of visitors
but curious too. Phoenix however knows no fear and went to investigate his
tool box. Turns out the guy has 4 daschounds. Perhaps Memphis could smell
them but he wouldn't go near the plumber at all. Not even to see what he was
doing in the bathroom!

--
Sandra

Old January 28th 05, 06:25 PM
Kreisleriana

On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 18:19:35 +0000 (UTC), "Sandra"
yodeled:

Had a visit from the plumber today, he rang the doorbell, and as soon as I
opened it, Memphis shot out of the hall, into the lounge and under the sofa.
That took some doing as he is a big cat. He stayed there for ages. The
plumber went away to get something. Came back a while later. Rang the
bell.Memphis shot under the sofa again! Normally he is cautious of visitors
but curious too. Phoenix however knows no fear and went to investigate his
tool box. Turns out the guy has 4 daschounds. Perhaps Memphis could smell
them but he wouldn't go near the plumber at all. Not even to see what he was
doing in the bathroom!

Aww, poor Memphis. Stinky loves workmen and service people. He
follows them whereever they go, and sticks his nose right into
whatever they're doing.

Theresa
Old January 28th 05, 06:42 PM
Magic Mood Jeep©

Kreisleriana wrote:
[...]

Sorry, but my imagination finished our last sentance for me: I read it as
"sticks his mose into every butt-crack exposed to him", and thought that is
a *very* brave kitty

--
The ONE and ONLY
former-blonde in Bloomington! (And proud of it, too)© email me at
nalee1964 (at) insightbb (dot) com

Old January 28th 05, 06:48 PM
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2005-01-28, Magic Mood Jeep© penned:
Kreisleriana wrote:

Aww, poor Memphis. Stinky loves workmen and service people. He follows
them whereever they go, and sticks his nose right into whatever they're
doing.

Sorry, but my imagination finished our last sentance for me: I read it as
"sticks his mose into every butt-crack exposed to him", and thought that is
a *very* brave kitty

Silly! He's a cat, not a dog!

--
monique, roommate of Oscar the (female) grouch
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old January 29th 05, 02:06 PM
Gabey8

Once I had to have the plumber come in and work in the basement, which was
the Cats' Domain. Their food, water, litter boxes, and cat beds were all
down there.

Harmony(RB) responded the way she always did to strangers. She hid.

Melody(RB) was another story. She loved people.

As I sat in the living room, reading, I was surprised to hear the plumber
call to me. "Um, can you come down for a moment?"

I went downstairs. There sat Melody, all upright and interested and ready
to watch him work. The trouble was, she was sitting IN his toolbox. )

I couldn't help but laugh. "Sorry... she's very friendly, as you can see".
Then I took her and parked her on the cellar windowsill. The sill was too
high for her to jump to it on her own, so she was all happy to be up there
and looking out the window. She entertained herself that way for the rest
of the time the plumber was working. That's partly because she also didn't
like to jump DOWN from that height, about 4.5 feet above the floor, so I
figured that no matter *what* happened, she'd stay there and not get in
the plumber's way any more. ;o)

Fortunately, she was quite entertained by looking out the window the whole
time. Then after the plumber left, I took my little would-be plumber's
assistant down.

Cats. )

Donna, and Captain and Stanley who haven't met plumbers yet

Old January 29th 05, 02:08 PM
Gabey8

[[ Aww, poor Memphis. Stinky loves workmen and service people. He
follows
them whereever they go, and sticks his nose right into whatever

they're
doing.

Sorry, but my imagination finished our last sentance for me: I read it

as
"sticks his mose into every butt-crack exposed to him", and thought

that
is
a *very* brave kitty

Silly! He's a cat, not a dog! ]]

LOL!!! Well, there IS something to be said for a properly applied cold,
wet nose, if it reminds said plumber to keep his pants properly arranged.
;o)

Donna

Old January 29th 05, 03:13 PM
Christina Websell

"Gabey8" gabey8-@-aol-dot-com (formerly dgabriel-at-netaxs-dot-com) wrote
in message
lkaboutpets.com...
[[ Aww, poor Memphis. Stinky loves workmen and service people. He
follows
them whereever they go, and sticks his nose right into whatever

they're
doing.

Sorry, but my imagination finished our last sentance for me: I read it

as
"sticks his mose into every butt-crack exposed to him", and thought

that
is
a *very* brave kitty

Silly! He's a cat, not a dog! ]]

LOL!!! Well, there IS something to be said for a properly applied cold,
wet nose, if it reminds said plumber to keep his pants properly arranged.
;o)

Donna

So you get "builder's bum" in the USA, too? Wow, thought it was a British
thing.
Horrible sight ;-)

Tweed

Old January 29th 05, 03:31 PM
Magic Mood Jeep©

Christina Websell wrote:
"Gabey8" gabey8-@-aol-dot-com (formerly dgabriel-at-netaxs-dot-com)
wrote in message
lkaboutpets.com...
[...]

There's an old skit form Saturday Night Live (from the '70s), with Gilda
Radner, Bill Murray & Dan Ackroyd. Gilda & Bill are playing two "children"
(probably around 6-10 years old), and Dan is a repairman come to fix the
refrigerator. Of course Dan has to crouch down, with his back to the
camera/audience, and purposely has his pants arranged so there's a good 6-8
inches of crack showing. Bill & Gilda, as the kids, are having a grnd time
with this, and Dan, as the repairman, is totally oblivious to the view he's
giving them. One of my favorite skits from that show.

Another bit is from commedian Tim Allen (from the TV sit-com Home
Improvement), it's one he did during his stand-up routine before he got his
TV show. His wife hires a repairman to fix something, and they are all
talking about fixing a crack in a wall. The repairman bends over for some
reason, and Tim's comment is "Now *there's* a crack that *needs* spackling".

--

Old January 29th 05, 04:02 PM
Kreisleriana

On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 18:42:00 GMT, "Magic Mood Jeep©"
yodeled:

Kreisleriana wrote:
[...]

Well, it *has* happened.

Theresa
Old January 29th 05, 04:21 PM
Kreisleriana

On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 09:08:58 -0500, "Gabey8" gabey8-@-aol-dot-com
(formerly dgabriel-at-netaxs-dot-com) yodeled:

[[ Aww, poor Memphis. Stinky loves workmen and service people. He
follows
them whereever they go, and sticks his nose right into whatever

they're
doing.

Sorry, but my imagination finished our last sentance for me: I read it

as
"sticks his mose into every butt-crack exposed to him", and thought

that
is
a *very* brave kitty

Silly! He's a cat, not a dog! ]]

LOL!!! Well, there IS something to be said for a properly applied cold,
wet nose, if it reminds said plumber to keep his pants properly arranged.
;o)

Donna

Exactly.

Theresa