OMG, I'm finally online!

Old May 4th 06, 02:37 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default OMG, I'm finally online!

Hi Everyone!
Just a really short note to say that I'm finally online again! I've
been here for over 3 weeks and signed up for my phone line and internet
right away, but it took until yesterday for it all to be done. I think
it's because we're living in such a small town 3 hours from Purrth.
Anyway, our container of stuff arrived yesterday (also finally!) and I
was up till midnight unpacking and organizing. I got around to the
computer this morning and my broadband was up and running! Woo hoo!
Poor Vino's still in jail, he's got 6 days left to go. I was able to
visit him about 6 or 7 times in the first 2 weeks, which was good. His
first week was not good because they kept moving him from one enclosure
to another due to there being a shortage of spaces. One lady wasn't
able to pick up her cats until 4 days later due to a family emergency.
Once Vino got into his real enclosure he settled in quite well.
Although I fail to understand his extreme fear of those 45 degree ramps!
He can only get to the 2nd level because they put a chair in there for
him. He can't get to the high level under the roof at all. Weirdo.
It's not the feel of the metal on his paws because he will rest his
front paws on it no problem. I think it's either the angle of the ramp,
or the fact that it's quite narrow and he thinks he won't fit.
I'm sure Helen Wheels posted about our visit to the quarantine place.
I'm so glad she was able to take a day off work and come with me. Their
visiting hours are extremely inconvenient, STRICTLY 1:30-3:30, Mon-Fri,
no holidays and no exceptions :-(
Fortunately the girls who work there all love Vino and give him cuddles
every day. And I made friends with a British family who recently moved
here too and they look in on Vino every time they visit their 2 cats.
I can't wait till he gets out! It's really weird not having him around
all the time. I keep seeing movements out of the corner of my eye and
think it's him. And I'm still in the habit of creeping in the front
door waving my purse to keep Vino from escaping!
I also just want to say a great big huge *thank you* to Helen Wheels for
her hospitality and company. It's lonely moving to a new country all by
yourself and not even having your kitty around for company. But thanks
to Helen and her crew of friendly cats, I felt a lot better about it. I
will have to write an anecdote one time about Helen's morning and
night-time feeding ritual and the circling of the sharks ;-)
Ok, I really gotta go because I've got a million things to unpack and
organize. There are 8364 messages unread, so I'll never catch up. I
really missed this group, I hope everyone's doing well. Hugs and purrs
to everyone :-)
--
Britta
Purring is an automatic safety valve device for dealing with happiness

Old May 4th 06, 03:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Hi Britta,
Great to see you back on line. Purrs that Vino settles quickly into his new
environment when you get him home.

Purrs

Lois

--
http://zeotropeburmese.kiwiwebhost.net.nz

Burmese are like potato chips, you can't just have one!

Old May 4th 06, 03:42 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

badwilson wrote:
organize. There are 8364 messages unread, so I'll never catch up. I
really missed this group, I hope everyone's doing well. Hugs and purrs
to everyone :-)

Glad to hear you're back online! I can't wait to see pics of the
soon-to-be-free Vino in his new home!

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old May 4th 06, 03:45 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Old May 4th 06, 04:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Nice to hear from you, Britta. I'm glad Vino has good company "on the
inside" so to speak, but I'm sure he'll be delighted to get out "on
parole". =o) And I'm sure he'll be ecstatic to be with you full time,
again, even though I'm sure he'll find his new home looks, smells and
sounds strange. No matter, once you have him back, Australia's bound
to feel more homelike, since no house can be a true home without a cat
in it.

Melissa

Old May 4th 06, 04:43 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Thu, 4 May 2006 09:37:50 +0800, "badwilson"
yodeled:
(snip)

Welcome back, Britta! We're so glad you made it, and were extra glad
to hear that Vino is doing so well in quarantine, and that they are
treating him so well. We are purring for all to go well, and for your
happy reunion.

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War
Old May 4th 06, 04:55 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

badwilson wrote:

Hi Everyone!
Just a really short note to say that I'm finally online again!

Hey Britta, welcome back to RPCA! Hope your move went well and that
you'll be settled in soon. Only 6 days to go until the Tailless Wonder
can come home! And what about Dennis?

I know what you mean about seeing movement out of the corner of your
eye and thinking it's Vino. That happened to me when I had to have my
21-year-old cat put down. Fortunately you don't have such a sad reason
for it. But when you've had a cat in your life for years, it's hard to
get out of the habit of looking for them, and even seeing them when
they're not there.

8000+ messages??! Wow! I'm definitely one of the guilty ones there.
Don't feel bad about skimming over them - you will never have time to
read them all.

I'll bet you're happy to finally be in OZ!

Joyce
Old May 4th 06, 04:56 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Hi Britta,
Welcome to Australia, so glad your belongs have arrived, and soon to be
reunited with Vino. You must be very busy unpacking, lots of things to do
on your own , it must have been very lonely.

Looking forward to your posts, Marie from OZ

Old May 4th 06, 12:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

badwilson wrote:
Hi Everyone!
Just a really short note to say that I'm finally online again!

snip

It's wonderful to see you online again! Purrs for the next six days to go
quickly. Looking forward to all your stories and pictures,
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.