Gertie is home :o)

Old July 22nd 06, 12:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Helen Miles

Default Gertie is home :o)

I went shopping this morning and bought a nice sturdy wooden hutch, and
then went and picked Gertie up.

The cats are FASCINATED. Lily thinks Gertie is the best thing *ever* and
has taken up residence on top of the hutch - she's watching her intently
incase she tries to steal the silver, because after all, *everyone* know
the reputation of those dastardly ferrets.... ;o)

The older cats were initally curious, but then put it down to "one of
moms odd things" and went back to their normal lives and pretty much
ignore her.

Gertie is actually about 12 months old, but is an exceptionally small
Jill. She's back to the vet for a shot to bring her out of season on
Monday, and then she'll be vaccinated.

Jpegs to follow in due course...

Helen M

Old July 22nd 06, 12:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Nanny

Congratulations !

Nanny

"Helen Miles" schreef in bericht
news:d841c2c7d251e0b394d62ae6ade16fc4.76411@mygate .mailgate.org...
I went shopping this morning and bought a nice sturdy wooden hutch, and
then went and picked Gertie up.

The cats are FASCINATED. Lily thinks Gertie is the best thing *ever* and
has taken up residence on top of the hutch - she's watching her intently
incase she tries to steal the silver, because after all, *everyone* know
the reputation of those dastardly ferrets.... ;o)

The older cats were initally curious, but then put it down to "one of
moms odd things" and went back to their normal lives and pretty much
ignore her.

Gertie is actually about 12 months old, but is an exceptionally small
Jill. She's back to the vet for a shot to bring her out of season on
Monday, and then she'll be vaccinated.

Jpegs to follow in due course...

Helen M

Mijn Postvak In wordt beschermd door SPAMfighter
Download de gratis SPAMfighter vandaag nog!

Old July 22nd 06, 01:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian A

Helen Miles wrote:
I went shopping this morning and bought a nice sturdy wooden hutch,
and then went and picked Gertie up.

The cats are FASCINATED. Lily thinks Gertie is the best thing *ever*
and has taken up residence on top of the hutch - she's watching her
intently incase she tries to steal the silver, because after all,
*everyone* know the reputation of those dastardly ferrets.... ;o)

The older cats were initally curious, but then put it down to "one of
moms odd things" and went back to their normal lives and pretty much
ignore her.

Gertie is actually about 12 months old, but is an exceptionally small
Jill. She's back to the vet for a shot to bring her out of season on
Monday, and then she'll be vaccinated.

Jpegs to follow in due course...

Helen M

Welcome home, Gertie. :-)
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.

Old July 22nd 06, 04:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

On Sat, 22 Jul 2006 11:10:36 +0000 (UTC), "Helen Miles"
wrote:

I went shopping this morning and bought a nice sturdy wooden hutch, and
then went and picked Gertie up.

The cats are FASCINATED. Lily thinks Gertie is the best thing *ever* and
has taken up residence on top of the hutch - she's watching her intently
incase she tries to steal the silver, because after all, *everyone* know
the reputation of those dastardly ferrets.... ;o)

The older cats were initally curious, but then put it down to "one of
moms odd things" and went back to their normal lives and pretty much
ignore her.

Gertie is actually about 12 months old, but is an exceptionally small
Jill. She's back to the vet for a shot to bring her out of season on
Monday, and then she'll be vaccinated.

Jpegs to follow in due course...

Helen M

Congratulations on being a first-time ferret mom :-)

Ginger-lyn

Home Pages:
http://www.moonsummer.com
Animals in Movies Website)
Old July 22nd 06, 09:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
sandra

Helen,

Drove through Spain to France to get home, and stopped off at a Auchan near
the port. There was a pet shop, and we just had to go in. They had toys for
ferrets in there! One was a kind of tubular hamock that you suspend from
wherever, looked fun!

sandra

Old July 22nd 06, 09:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Helen Miles" wrote in message
news:d841c2c7d251e0b394d62ae6ade16fc4.76411@mygate .mailgate.org...
I went shopping this morning and bought a nice sturdy wooden hutch, and
then went and picked Gertie up.

The cats are FASCINATED. Lily thinks Gertie is the best thing *ever* and
has taken up residence on top of the hutch - she's watching her intently
incase she tries to steal the silver, because after all, *everyone* know
the reputation of those dastardly ferrets.... ;o)

Hee hee hee. Gertie will soon teach her some respect!

The older cats were initally curious, but then put it down to "one of
moms odd things" and went back to their normal lives and pretty much
ignore her.

Gertie is actually about 12 months old, but is an exceptionally small
Jill. She's back to the vet for a shot to bring her out of season on
Monday, and then she'll be vaccinated.

Jpegs to follow in due course...

Oh, yes please. Btw, you do realise that life will never been the same
again, I hope? I used to take mine for walks on a little harness, they
take very well to them unlike cats. You pretty well have to let them go
where they want to and follow them with a long lead attached although if you
are brave enough to walk away when they are messing around *investigating*
for too long - ferrets are great investigators - they will sometimes run
after you going "wait for me, wait for me."
They do have an odour which you will get used to.

Have fun with Gertie

Tweed

Old July 22nd 06, 09:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Magic Mood JeepŠ

Christina Websell wrote:
[...]

Also - they do spay/neuter ferrets nowadays too! Especially the females, as
they are prone to pyometras (sp? - - infection of the uterus). Sarah D, the
Education Director at the local Humane Association has a ferret named
Slinky!

Old July 22nd 06, 11:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mischief

The older cats were initally curious, but then put it down to "one of
moms odd things" and went back to their normal lives and pretty much
ignore her.

Oooo, that's lucky. Hope they don't turn vicious when Gertie wants to
chase them to play.

And you might want to research to see if there's any part of your home
you want to 'ferret proof'

Kristi

Old July 23rd 06, 12:36 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Magic Mood JeepŠ" wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:
[...]

This wasn't done when I had my ferrets. In fact most vets knew nothing
about them - mine certainly didn't so I photocopied a veterinary part of a
ferret book I had and gave it to them. They were delighted and maybe they
even use it now.

Especially the females, as
they are prone to pyometras (sp? - - infection of the uterus).

Female ferrets will stay in season for ages if they are not mated and can
die. It's good that they can now be spayed. I probably wouldn't
have a male castrated. I don't mind his smell too much so it doesn't seem
necessary to put him through an operation to remove it.
I am not in favour of willy-nilly castrations/spaying of small pets like
rabbits and such. IMO it's just a money-making game for vets.

Tweed

Old July 23rd 06, 02:59 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Tanada

Helen Miles wrote:

I went shopping this morning and bought a nice sturdy wooden hutch, and
then went and picked Gertie up.

The cats are FASCINATED. Lily thinks Gertie is the best thing *ever* and
has taken up residence on top of the hutch - she's watching her intently
incase she tries to steal the silver, because after all, *everyone* know
the reputation of those dastardly ferrets.... ;o)

MISS LILY WHISKERS! DON'T FORGET ME! I'SE YOUR WINKWINK FRIEND AND AM
FAR BETTER THAN ANY OLD FERRET GIRL, EVEN IF MY TAIL IS SORE RIGHT NOW.
GRANDMEOW IS PLEASED THAT YOU HAVE A NEW PLAYMATE, BUT I DON'T WANNA
LOSE YOU TO DA FERRET. CAN I COME OVER TO SEE IT AND CAN WE STILL BE
BUDDIES?

QUI GUN KIT

Congrats on your new family Gertie, and may all of you have many years
of fun and love together.

Pam S.