OT Yahoo mail

Old April 6th 08, 04:50 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Default OT Yahoo mail

Yowie wrote:
Yes, its been dodgy. I 'pop' all my Yahoo accounts from Outlook Express -
its been asking for a password several times on different accounts, and
after several tries it accepts it. It seems random.

Still not working. And there are no announcements about breaks in the
service or any address where you could send a complaint (well, d'uh). I
found a help page where users help each other. It doesn't look like
ayone is having the same problem as me. This is so frustrating.

Old April 6th 08, 06:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^. .^=

"Marina" Yowie wrote:
Yes, its been dodgy. I 'pop' all my Yahoo accounts from Outlook Express -
its been asking for a password several times on different accounts, and
after several tries it accepts it. It seems random.

The same thing happens to me :/ I use Ootlook as my 'normal' e-mail and my
Yahoo is a 'back-up'

Still not working. And there are no announcements about breaks in the
service or any address where you could send a complaint (well, d'uh). I
found a help page where users help each other. It doesn't look like ayone
is having the same problem as me. This is so frustrating.

Makes ya wanna throw the pooter out the window, doesn't it?
Yahoo greeblings be GONE!
Kyla

Old April 6th 08, 09:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christine K.

Kyla =^. .^= kirjoitti:
"Marina" Yowie wrote:
Yes, its been dodgy. I 'pop' all my Yahoo accounts from Outlook Express -
its been asking for a password several times on different accounts, and
after several tries it accepts it. It seems random.

The same thing happens to me :/ I use Ootlook as my 'normal' e-mail and my
Yahoo is a 'back-up'

Outlook Express is an email program, to which Yowie "pops", that is
forwards, her messages from the Yahoo mail server. Outlook doesn't have
any mail server connected, it's just a program that cannot send or
receive any emails until you "tell" it to which server to connect to on
incoming and outgoing emails. Just like Mozilla Thunderbird that I'm
using, I have my gmail messages forwarded here, I have two
gmail-accounts, and then also one old other email account. All three
come in to my Thunderbird program. The outgoing server, however, has to
be the SMTP-server of my internet service provider, as that is my "door"
to the internet.

--
Christine in Laitila, Finland
christal63 (at) gmail (dot) com
Old April 6th 08, 11:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Nadia N.

Marina wrote:
Yowie wrote:
Yes, its been dodgy. I 'pop' all my Yahoo accounts from Outlook
Express - its been asking for a password several times on different
accounts, and after several tries it accepts it. It seems random.

Still not working. And there are no announcements about breaks in the
service or any address where you could send a complaint (well, d'uh). I
found a help page where users help each other. It doesn't look like
ayone is having the same problem as me. This is so frustrating.

It is possible that your ISP's DNS server is not recognizing the mail
server URL. A DNS server translates a URL like "uk.mc240.mail.yahoo.com"
into the actual IP address of the site.

I had a similar problem with my new ISP when I moved to Spain. My
browser started saying it couldn't find sites, including Google, but if
I entered the IP address of the site instead of the URL, the page would
load fine. I switched my computer to use OpenDNS instead of my ISP's DNS
server, and I've never had that problem since.

You can "ping" the Yahoo mail server. Open a command prompt
(Start--Programs--Accessories) and type "ping
uk.mc240.mail.yahoo.com", hit enter. When I just did this, I got a
response from the mail server. If you do not get a response from the
mail server, you can try calling your ISP and letting them know, so they
can check if the problem is not with the DNS server on their end.

Of course that doesn't resolve your immediate problem. You can try
entering the actual IP address of the mail server instead of the URL and
see if that works. When I pinged uk.mc240.mail.yahoo.com, I got the IP
address 208.69.34.132. Try typing this in Firefox instead of the URL.

I hope this helps.

Nadia (and Kotyo)

--
Little Monster pictures: http://picasaweb.google.com/nnakova/Kotyo
Blog: http://littlemonstermusings.blogspot.com/
Old April 7th 08, 01:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

Marina wrote:
Is anyone else having trouble with their yahoo mail account? I can't
connect to the mail server, just get an error message every time,
saying it can't connect. I've been trying the past 12 hours, off and
on.
I don't check it often, so I don't know how long this has been going
on. It's frustrating, because I need to renew my subscription of
news.individual.net, and I can't remember my password for Click&Buy,
and they should send a temporary one to my Yahoo mail. But I can't
access my Yaho mail. I've had to fall back on my ISP's news server.

I'm now in the same boat, Marina, with forgetting my Click & Buy password,
except that the instruction page is in German, and seems to think I am from
Germany. The only saving grace is that alot of German words look & sound a
bit like their English counterpart. I *think* I've asked it for my password,
but haveno idea whether the username is the right one, and so far, nothing
has turned up in my Yahoo mail.

I may have to create a new account - most frustrating. Wish they could just
do this via Paypal or something civilised :-)

Yowie

Old April 7th 08, 01:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Outsider

"Yowie" wrote in
:

Marina wrote:
[...]

Well, either that or expressed an interest in a guy name Rowlf.

Old April 7th 08, 01:45 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

outsider wrote:
"Yowie" wrote in
:

Marina wrote:
[...]

Drat, he's *supposed* to be called Sven :-)

Yowie

Old April 7th 08, 01:53 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^. .^=

"Yowie"
outsider wrote:
"Yowie"
Marina wrote:
[...]

Sin Sven? baaaaad pun
I used to belong to a mailing list, on my Yahoo account but
haven't gotten anything from them in about a week..
My Yahoo e-mail seems to be working as far as I know.
*shrug*
Hug
Kyla

Old April 7th 08, 02:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

I spent a week getting all my ebay messages in Spanish. Not a good thing.
Glad I hadn't bought anything and was afraid the furkids had gone on line
while I was at work.
"Yowie" wrote in message
outsider wrote:
"Yowie" wrote in
:

Old April 7th 08, 04:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Nadia N. wrote:

Of course that doesn't resolve your immediate problem. You can try
entering the actual IP address of the mail server instead of the URL and
see if that works. When I pinged uk.mc240.mail.yahoo.com, I got the IP
address 208.69.34.132. Try typing this in Firefox instead of the URL.

Thank you, Nadia. That didn't work either. I got the message 'You tried
to visit 208.69.34.132, which is not loading.' I'll try your other
suggestions.

Yahoo photos closing Karen Cat anecdotes 7 June 25th 07 11:56 PM
pic from yahoo yepp Cat anecdotes 4 June 30th 05 07:03 PM
Yahoo photos Candace Cat health & behaviour 5 May 2nd 05 12:58 PM
Yahoo! spying Stormin Mormon Cat anecdotes 1 December 14th 04 07:53 PM