Homeopet Anxiety?

Old April 10th 08, 03:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

Default Homeopet Anxiety?

Anybody ever heard of Homeopet Anxiety?
http://www.petsupply-store.com/homeo...ml-p-2667.html

My vet said this is an over-the-counter medication that may help Sammy's
nerves.

Hugs,

CatNipped

--
Hugs,

CatNipped

See all my masters he http://www.PossiblePlaces.com/CatNipped/

Old April 10th 08, 04:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

"kilikini" wrote in message
CatNipped wrote:
Anybody ever heard of Homeopet Anxiety?
http://www.petsupply-store.com/homeo...ml-p-2667.html

My vet said this is an over-the-counter medication that may help
Sammy's nerves.

Hugs,

CatNipped

I'd be interested, too, because I think Chloe has anxiety. She's always a
nervous wreck.

kili

I've googled it with "+ side effects", "+ prolonged use", "+ complaints",
and "+ adverse reactions" and I haven't seen any warnings at all about it.
It appears to be totally natural substances (which doesn't always mean it's
safe) and there is *no* listed "overdose" limit (it says it can be
administered every 15 minutes if needed). It appears to be mostly chamomile
(tea?). The ingredients listed a Phosphorus 6c&30c, Rhododendron
6c&30c, Borax 6c&30c, Theridion 6c&30c, Chamomilla 6c&30c in 20% USP alc. in
purified water.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old April 10th 08, 05:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

CatNipped wrote:
"kilikini" wrote in message
CatNipped wrote:
[...]

I don't know about this stuff, but chamomile tea is very soothing.
Chamomile is also very relaxing in a hot bath (but I don't advise trying to
put Sammy in one!).

Jill

Old April 10th 08, 05:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

"jmcquown" wrote in message
. ..
CatNipped wrote:
"kilikini" wrote in message
CatNipped wrote:
[...]

LOL! No (although she is enough Maine Coon that she might actually like it
;).

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old April 10th 08, 08:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"CatNipped" wrote in message
"kilikini" wrote in message
CatNipped wrote:
[...]

The potencies 6c & 30c tell me this is a homeopathic remedy. It will not
harm your cats, it's impossible to o/d. It can sometimes help, but I don't
understand quite how it works when it does. If it doesn't, you have nothing
to lose by trying it.
How do I know? N is a doctor who practises homeopathy. She sometimes
prescribes for me. It can be amazingly effective. Sometimes it doesn't work.
We made a deal once "I will be your homeopath if you will be my English
tutor." We have both benefitted.
Btw there is no chamomile tea involved in this remedy ;-)

Would you like me to ask her if she thinks this remedy is OK to give to a
cat in Sammy's circumstances?

Tweed

Old April 10th 08, 08:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

"CatNipped" wrote in message
"kilikini" wrote in message
CatNipped wrote:
[...]

Really? I guess I thought so just that "chamomilla" sounds like chamomile.
I thought it was an ingredient in chamomile tea - but then I know absolutely
nothing about homeopathic meds OR tea! ;

Would you like me to ask her if she thinks this remedy is OK to give to a
cat in Sammy's circumstances?

Tweed

That would be really great Tweed, thanks!

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old April 10th 08, 09:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"CatNipped" wrote in message
"kilikini" wrote in message
CatNipped wrote:
[...]

OK, I've done it. If my e-mail title says "Dear doctor" I know she will
read it as soon as she goes on-line, no matter how busy she is. I have
listed the ingredients, asked if it is safe to give a cat, outlined very
briefly Sammy's fear of Hunter being in the house and how it's affecting her
ability to feed alone, and asked if she can recommend anything better.
I will forward her reply when it comes.

Tweed

Old April 10th 08, 09:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"CatNipped" wrote in message
"kilikini" wrote in message
CatNipped wrote:
[...]

I have the reply already. I probably should have known better than to
expect a recommendation from describing one symptom of fearfulness since I
know that prescribing the correct homeopathic remedy relies on taking a full
history like normal temperament, is it worse when..is it better when..? etc
etc The remedy has to "fit the case" as it is called.
Anyway this is what she says
-------------
it is, of course, safe to give, there's hardly anything left of the
crude substances.

In your opinion, would this be ok to give a cat with this anxiety or would
something else be better?

Whether something else would be better I cannot say, but from a first
quick glance it is a composition of fearful remedies and might help. Of
course it all depends on how homeopathic they are to the case, i.e. how
similar the symptoms of the individual cat and the symptoms of the
remedy. The one single remedy that is homeopathic to the case will
help, it doesn't have to be several in one bottle. If there is no
similar remedy in it, the drops won't help. I cannot say from this bit
of information exactly what the symptoms are.

Night night

Nüle
_______

I also should have taken into account that Germany is one hour ahead of the
UK and she was about to go to bed - oops.

At least you know it's safe now.

Tweed

Old April 11th 08, 12:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

Thanks Tweed - that was quick. Please thank Nüle for me also! I'm OK with
it as long as it won't hurt, all it can do is potentially help!

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old April 11th 08, 04:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sam

CatNipped wrote:
Anybody ever heard of Homeopet Anxiety?
http://www.petsupply-store.com/homeo...ml-p-2667.html

My vet said this is an over-the-counter medication that may help Sammy's
nerves.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Never heard of it, but sending purrs for Sammy.

Sam, supervised by Mistletoe