Willie tribute - TW

Old September 15th 06, 07:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Norm

Default Willie tribute - TW

I wrote this shortly after Willie fell victim to, I believe, a coyote.

I'm still in denial, I can't look at the yard, much less the driveway,
w/o imagining Willie flying around ("Never walk if you can run
Willie"). All cat, and as much character as anyone, fallen victim to
his own predilection for patrol, a routine Beastie, with limited hearing
and sight, maintained for 9 years here. I chose Willie for his
intelligence, that he could usurp a favored position despite lack of
size and claws at the pound, and his friendliness. While he never
became a lapcat, he was a great companion, what wouldn't I give to feel
him entwining between my legs and nip at my calf. Ah ****. Willie was
meant to take the pain off Max's demise tho I knew no cat would replace
him, it will be much harder to replace Willie, exceptional in so many
ways. Norm
Old September 15th 06, 07:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Dan M

On Fri, 15 Sep 2006 14:15:38 -0400, Norm wrote:

I wrote this shortly after Willie fell victim to, I believe, a coyote.

I'm still in denial, I can't look at the yard, much less the driveway,
w/o imagining Willie flying around ("Never walk if you can run
Willie"). All cat, and as much character as anyone, fallen victim to
his own predilection for patrol, a routine Beastie, with limited hearing
and sight, maintained for 9 years here. I chose Willie for his
intelligence, that he could usurp a favored position despite lack of
size and claws at the pound, and his friendliness. While he never
became a lapcat, he was a great companion, what wouldn't I give to feel
him entwining between my legs and nip at my calf. Ah ****. Willie was
meant to take the pain off Max's demise tho I knew no cat would replace
him, it will be much harder to replace Willie, exceptional in so many
ways. Norm

I am *so* very sorry! I know how much it hurts. Purrs for your heart to
heal.

Isn't it amazing how attached we get to these little fuzzies?

Dan

Old September 15th 06, 07:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karen

It's beautiful. Each of them is irreplaceable but they are addonable to
create more love and memories. I hate the pain, but I love the love.

Old September 15th 06, 08:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Baha via CatKB.com

What a sweet tribute to a remarkable cat. Someday he will wind about your
legs again, the day you walk together across the rainbow.

Blessed be,
Baha

Old September 15th 06, 09:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian A

Norm wrote:
I wrote this shortly after Willie fell victim to, I believe, a coyote.

I'm still in denial, I can't look at the yard, much less the driveway,
w/o imagining Willie flying around ("Never walk if you can run
Willie"). All cat, and as much character as anyone, fallen victim to
his own predilection for patrol, a routine Beastie, with limited
hearing and sight, maintained for 9 years here. I chose Willie for
his intelligence, that he could usurp a favored position despite lack
of size and claws at the pound, and his friendliness. While he never
became a lapcat, he was a great companion, what wouldn't I give to
feel him entwining between my legs and nip at my calf. Ah ****.
Willie was meant to take the pain off Max's demise tho I knew no cat
would replace him, it will be much harder to replace Willie,
exceptional in so many ways. Norm

My sincere condolences. No cat can be replaced.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.

Old September 15th 06, 09:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Rhonda

Norm, I'm sorry to hear about Willie.

I hope though, that I misunderstood part of this -- was he declawed when
you got him? I hope to gawd I misread that. The thought of him without
without claws, limited hearing and sight, outside, trying to defend
himself against a coyote is too much to bear. I hope I missed something.

Rhonda

Old September 15th 06, 09:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana

On Fri, 15 Sep 2006 14:15:38 -0400, Norm yodeled:

I wrote this shortly after Willie fell victim to, I believe, a coyote.

I'm still in denial, I can't look at the yard, much less the driveway,
w/o imagining Willie flying around ("Never walk if you can run
Willie"). All cat, and as much character as anyone, fallen victim to
his own predilection for patrol, a routine Beastie, with limited hearing
and sight, maintained for 9 years here. I chose Willie for his
intelligence, that he could usurp a favored position despite lack of
size and claws at the pound, and his friendliness. While he never
became a lapcat, he was a great companion, what wouldn't I give to feel
him entwining between my legs and nip at my calf. Ah ****. Willie was
meant to take the pain off Max's demise tho I knew no cat would replace
him, it will be much harder to replace Willie, exceptional in so many
ways. Norm

Profound Purrs for you and WIllie.

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War
Old September 15th 06, 10:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jo Firey

"Rhonda" wrote in message
Norm, I'm sorry to hear about Willie.

I hope though, that I misunderstood part of this -- was he declawed when
you got him? I hope to gawd I misread that. The thought of him without
without claws, limited hearing and sight, outside, trying to defend
himself against a coyote is too much to bear. I hope I missed something.

Never be too quick to judge. Sometimes all you can do is all you can do.

Sometimes a cat at the pound has a choice between an uncertain life and a
certain death.

We "took in" our Maggie as a stray. But she would not stay in 24/7 and even
though her sense of balance was terrible she still insisted on walking the
fence tops just to make the neighborhood dogs bark. There were lots of
other places even outside where she could have played including many acres
of orchard. In the end it was her undoing when she fell into a yard with
two large dogs.

Not every cat will tolerate a life indoors.

Jo

Old September 15th 06, 10:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Norm

Rhonda wrote:

Norm, I'm sorry to hear about Willie.

I hope though, that I misunderstood part of this -- was he declawed when
you got him? I hope to gawd I misread that. The thought of him without
without claws, limited hearing and sight, outside, trying to defend
himself against a coyote is too much to bear. I hope I missed something.

I didn't mean to be unclear, Beastie was the one with bad eyesight and
hearing and who patrolled for 9 years. Beast was put down after his
illnesses drained him to 4.5lbs.

--
"In 2005, the refining margin...has exceeded $20 per barrel, far above
the long-term average of $6. That has meant record profits for oil