Nice surprise

Old April 20th 08, 07:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

Default Nice surprise

Friday night walking to the tube after a hard day at the office (been
quite a hard week) and at the station there was a lady rattling the
tin for the local cat shelter I support and on the tin were pictures
of Rolo and Peppermint 2 of the 5 FIV guys I sponsor.

You can see Peppermint before and after here

http://www.caring-for-animals.org/peppermint.html

The lady told me she had been round to Joan's the lady who fosters the
FIV cats only the day before and they're all fine. Rolo sounds
something of a character, he's an elderly gentleman who was trapped
and neuteured and found to need some extensive dental work due to most
of his teeth being broken- probably due to have been in many fights
though someone more experienced in his attitude reckoned he'd probably
been opening beer bottles with his teeth! Following neutering and most
of his teeth being removed he's much happier

The one I feel most for through is Gingha who was a much loved family
pet until his slaves decided to move to Spain but when on vet testing
it turned out he was FIV+ they left him at the shelter- me? I'd have
stayed, Spain will still be there later

Anyway nice to see they're all doing well

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old April 20th 08, 08:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Gandalf

On Sun, 20 Apr 2008 11:39:46 -0700 (PDT), Lesley
wrote:

[...]

The before and after pics of Peppermint are almost unbelievable.

I'm so glad his life was saved!

Thank you for sponsoring him!

~~~~~~~~~~~~

- Robert Heinlein
Old April 20th 08, 11:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Lesley wrote:

Friday night walking to the tube after a hard day at the office (been
quite a hard week) and at the station there was a lady rattling the
tin for the local cat shelter I support and on the tin were pictures
of Rolo and Peppermint 2 of the 5 FIV guys I sponsor.

You can see Peppermint before and after here

http://www.caring-for-animals.org/peppermint.html

Wow!!! That's wonderful.

--
Joyce

To email me, remove the triple-X from my user name. ^..^
Old April 21st 08, 06:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^. .^=

bastXXXette...
Lesley
Friday night walking to the tube after a hard day at the office (been
quite a hard week) and at the station there was a lady rattling the
tin for the local cat shelter I support and on the tin were pictures
of Rolo and Peppermint 2 of the 5 FIV guys I sponsor.

You can see Peppermint before and after here

http://www.caring-for-animals.org/peppermint.html

Wow!!! That's wonderful.

That is indeed wonderful and thank you so much for caring for them all
Bless your sweet heart
Hug
Kyla