Desperately need advice

Old June 7th 08, 02:38 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
-Lost

Default Desperately need advice

Response to "cybercat" :

snip

I seem to roughhouse with my dogs as if they are midget extreme
wrestlers. With my kitties -- although Gabby is twice as tough
as any dog I let own me -- I treat them like bags of marshmallow
fluff. WTF? *as i pull claws from my calf*

Don't do this. Gabby will run all over you. Lavish her with love,
but when she acts out, express your firm and stern diapproval.
Loud, sharp, abrupt noises. No swats, no water squirts. Startle
her. It works.

Then I guess I screwed myself on both extremes.

I am not sure if you remember how when we first came to know Gabby, I
roughhoused with him for a couple weeks (less than a month at least)
and then found out that was a MAJOR mistake.

Even after being altered last Christmas the spouse jokes that all of
the testosterone shot into his body at the moment they removed
"them" -- because Gabby is just... wow. Crazy? : P

So anyway, no roughhousing in almost eight months or so and it's like
he remembers everyday that I used to play with him that way.

He thoroughly enjoys love but on his conditions. And when he's done
he lets you know by nipping at you or putting the kitty-claw-bear-hug
on an appendage.

And watch out, because declawed cats tend to become
biters and back-claw aggressive.

It is probably Phat Cat who is the one most likely to cause
serious injury.

Thanks for that reminder. I had begun to worry because Phat Kat
bites a LOT -- but never hard. I forgot about them compensating.

Thanks for the advice.

--
-Lost
kidding. No I am not.
Old June 7th 08, 02:41 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
-Lost

Response to "Matthew" :

snip

coffee can full of marbles always works great

Heck yeah! I actually use a large ibuprofen bottle or my newest trick
from the trick bag is a Tupperware bowl with little sleigh bells in it.

Gaaaawd it makes such a noise.

Thanks!

--
-Lost
kidding. No I am not.
Old June 9th 08, 06:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
[email protected]

Hi Candace!!! It's nice to see a familiar name!
Old June 9th 08, 06:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
[email protected]

On Jun 6, 8:22 am, "-Lost" wrote:

Seriously though -- I'd PayPal a few dollars to see your lovely lil'
lass "screaming" as you've put it.

I emailed you with the url, btw...if you don't get it, let me know.

I have to say I've tried to get a recording of her, I really have.
She's smart, and it seems no matter how busy she is, she's always got
an eye cocked towards me, just in case I open the back door. So the
minute she sees me with any kind of camera or recording device, she
either runs (doesn't like the flash on the regular camera) or tries to
play. (Whatcha got? Whatcha doin? Want some help? Here I am! I'll help
you!)

I think the only way to hear it is to spend time on the phone with me.
LOL. She doesn't like the phone taking attention away from her and
often starts the screaming.

There have been times I've actually had to put her in the bathroom for
a bit, just to finish a conversation. It's that loud. Fortunately,
everyone knows her and gets a kick out of it. She immediately goes to
her bathroom window and goes into her own world, watching the backyard
for birds and squirrels. When I'm off the phone, I open the door, and
she doesn't hear a thing - she's just in her world. I always stomp
before sneaking up on her, though, so I don't startle her.

The hummingbirds are starting to come, and this year, I am so
determined to get a video of the dance between her and the
hummingbirds. I don't know if the beauty of it can translate to video,
but I hope so. It's just so spectacular to see.
Old June 9th 08, 07:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

wrote
I think the only way to hear it is to spend time on the phone with me.
LOL. She doesn't like the phone taking attention away from her and
often starts the screaming.

This iss precious. My Gracie will ignore me all day, then suddenly
be all over me if I am on the phone.

There have been times I've actually had to put her in the bathroom for
a bit, just to finish a conversation. It's that loud. Fortunately,
everyone knows her and gets a kick out of it. She immediately goes to
her bathroom window and goes into her own world, watching the backyard
for birds and squirrels. When I'm off the phone, I open the door, and
she doesn't hear a thing - she's just in her world. I always stomp
before sneaking up on her, though, so I don't startle her.

The hummingbirds are starting to come, and this year, I am so
determined to get a video of the dance between her and the
hummingbirds. I don't know if the beauty of it can translate to video,
but I hope so. It's just so spectacular to see.

I really want to see her!