OT. Rant

Old November 19th 04, 08:03 AM
dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers

Block her emails.

Cheers, helen s

**$om $

Old November 19th 04, 08:08 AM
dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers

I'm sorry, but if you find my relationship so repugnant,
that you would vote to inscribe discrimination in your state's
constitution, then I do not want to welcome you into my house.
As an aside, the bible has been used throughout history to justify and
defend many horrible things, from the crusades to slavery in the US and
the oppresion of women.

Ack Victor, after all the strides forward in accepting homosexuality, to see
the backwards steps happening must be *awful*. Homosexuality just *is*. It's a
part of being human, some people are gay, and so what, it's normal to be
homosexual, just as it's normal to be heterosexual. As for organised religion -
the history of organised religion is one reason I am not a member of any given
one. You get some truely humane people who are religious, but you get too many
who use their own version of religion to oppress anyone who does not.

Cheers, helen s

p.s. I'm sure if it gets bad over in your part of the world, there's many a
rpca'er who'll offer sanctuary - to the cats too. My bit of rural Norfolk is
quiet but nice :-)

**$om $

Old November 19th 04, 08:12 AM
dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers

I think this country must be pretty open-minded and
unbiased to elect someone like her for pres. Oh, and she has two cats! )

Anyone wanting to emigrate to Finland, raise your hand! :-) Finland does seem
remarkably *civilised*

Cheers, helen s

**$om $

Old November 19th 04, 08:24 AM
Takayuki

"Christina Websell" wrote:

I told her I don't want to have a friend who thinks like this. She told me
she doesn't want to have a friend that is ineducable about what is going on
in America.

I'm sorry to hear that. I agree that a good friend wouldn't try to
push her views on you, whatever they are. Plus, trying to push a
conservative agenda on a person who lives in a different country is
really dumb, because each country has its own norms and agenda.

Your friend's views must seen about as relevant as if an Iranian
conservative emailed me and told me that Massachusetts should adopt
the sharia, or a Japanese conservative emailed me and told me that the
United States should be ruled by an emperor.

Old November 19th 04, 09:01 AM

Anyone wanting to emigrate to Finland, raise your hand! :-) Finland
does seem remarkably *civilised*

It certainly does. I'm not so sure about the weather, though.

Joyce - spoiled Californian