What would you do to save a cat? (VERY LONG)

Old May 7th 04, 04:06 AM
Cheryl

Kreisleriana dumped this in
on 06 May 2004:

I'm also sorry to read about such bad, untrained, uncontrolled
rotties. I know several sweet, lovable rotties with cat friends, and
I know that the Rottweiler breed has enough problems without more
incidents like this, for which I blame the owners. Not training them
properly and not controlling them is not exactly loving to the dogs
either.

I also know several and they are sweeties. The tail thing, though, has to
go! lol They can clear a table top in 2 seconds flat. Every rottie I've
ever met was a big lovable teddy bear. It makes me sad that some train them
to be aggressive.

--
Cheryl
Old May 7th 04, 04:13 AM
Kreisleriana

On Thu, 06 May 2004 22:06:01 -0500, Cheryl
yodeled:

Kreisleriana dumped this in
on 06 May 2004:

I'm also sorry to read about such bad, untrained, uncontrolled
rotties. I know several sweet, lovable rotties with cat friends, and
I know that the Rottweiler breed has enough problems without more
incidents like this, for which I blame the owners. Not training them
properly and not controlling them is not exactly loving to the dogs
either.

I also know several and they are sweeties. The tail thing, though, has to
go! lol They can clear a table top in 2 seconds flat. Every rottie I've
ever met was a big lovable teddy bear. It makes me sad that some train them
to be aggressive.

Carl, the babysitting dog in the popular children's books, is a
Rottweiler.

Theresa

Single-mindedness is all very well in cows or baboons; in an animal
claiming to belong to the same species as Shakespeare it is simply disgraceful.
(Aldous Huxley)

Old May 7th 04, 04:44 AM
LOL

"Annie Wxill" wrote in message ...

(snippage along in here)

If you could arrange
it with the vet and then post here how to contact the vet, some of us might
be able to make a donation toward the cat's treatment.
Annie

I would also be willing to donate for this - good thinking, Annie.
:-)

That was a heroic thing you did, Kristi! We are sending healing purrs
to the kitty, and hope-it-all-works-out purrs for everyone involved.

------
Krista

Old May 7th 04, 05:00 AM
Yowie

"JBHajos" wrote in message
On Thu, 6 May 2004 06:40:00 -0600, "Christine Burel"
wrote:

Kristi -- If this is possible, I would make a donation towards this

kitty.

Me too!!!!!

Me too. It won't be much, but it all helps. If you can post/catslaves/e-mail
the address and the contact details of the vet and the account, I'll be able
to give a bit.

Yowie

Old May 7th 04, 05:04 AM
Yowie

"Kreisleriana" wrote in message
On Thu, 6 May 2004 12:47:32 -0500, "jmcquown"
yodeled:

The question should be, "What *wouldn't* you do to save a cat?"

You were very brave going up against a couple of rotties, but then again,
when the adrenaline starts pumping, who stops to think? God bless you!

I'm also sorry to read about such bad, untrained, uncontrolled
rotties. I know several sweet, lovable rotties with cat friends, and
I know that the Rottweiler breed has enough problems without more
incidents like this, for which I blame the owners. Not training them
properly and not controlling them is not exactly loving to the dogs
either.

Agreed. Bowie the rottie was the (2nd) sweetest most gentlelest dog I"ve
ever known (Fluff being the first). But I wouldn't have like dot have got on
her bad side, she was exceedingly protective of her family, and I have no
doubt she could kill if she had to. To go against not one but two rotties is
either badness or extreme bravery! (perhaps both!). YOu shoudl be very proud
of yourself, Kristi, and the owners of said dogs should have the book thrown
at them. All dogs shoudl be under control when out in public, *especially*
big dogs like rotties.

Yowie

Old May 7th 04, 05:48 AM
Seanette Blaylock

John Biltz had some very interesting things to say
about What would you do to save a cat? (VERY LONG):

The trouble with the big dogs is not so much that they are mean dogs they
just have such a potential for doing damage that they are dangerous. When
something does happen it is often a horror story on the news. A small
dog may be and often are meaner but a bite is an annoyance with little
real damage and infection the greatest danger. Beef that same dog up to
five times its size and you have a real danger. Beef a cat up to five
times its size and you have a leopard or mountain lion. I don't think I
would want to live with Maya or Bruiser if they weighed 80 to 100 pounds.
Little tyrants are bad enough, big tyrants would be unbearable. I think
if I was the cat's owner I would make a real effort to find those dogs'
owner and give them the bill. The truth is they are legally and morally
responsible for what happened. Really more responsible than the dogs. I
bet the kids in that neighborhood know where the dogs live if they are
from that neighborhood.

IMO the biggest problem with the so-called "dangerous" breeds is that
they got popular among those macho morons who think they're more manly
if they have a mean dog, so they abuse the dog into viciousness.

My family raised Dobermans. Biggest problem we had with any we'd
raised was their inability to understand when they'd outgrown curling
up in laps.

--
"Don't mess with major appliances unless you know what you are doing
(or unless your life insurance policy is up-to-date)." - John, RCFL