Overwhelmed but overjoyed!

Old September 15th 04, 05:38 PM
CatNipped

Default Overwhelmed but overjoyed!

I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed. My mother-in-law, her 3 dogs and 1 cat - my
daughter, her husband, their 3 girls and their 2 dogs - all came to my house
here in Houston from New Orleans to escape Ivan. Add in myself, my husband,
and our 4 cats and we have a FULL HOUSE!

And my DH was silly enough to ask me, when we were buying this house, why we
needed 5 bedrooms for just the two of us (plus fur-babies, of course).
Well, he certainly has an answer to that question now. My mom went to
central Louisiana along with my brother, his wife and his mother-in-law -
they were smart enough to book a room early and then leave early (the people
who came here took 18 hours to make a normally 6 hour drive).

They said all roads leading out of New Orleans were packed - the east-bound
lanes were reversed for the evacuation so that everybody was heading west
across 10 lanes of highway - and traffic was still down to a crawl.

Well, everyone is here now, safe and sound asleep (MIL got in at 3:00AM and
daughter got in at 8:00AM, and I've overjoyed that they all made it safely.
Now I'm still worried about my other brother, all my nieces and nephews, my
aunts, uncles, cousins - all who are either still in New Orleans or stuck in
traffic somewhere, so purrs would be really appreciated.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old September 15th 04, 06:00 PM
Victor Martinez

Lots of purrs for all those affected. The news said NOLA could be under
12 feet of water!!!

--
Victor Martinez
Send your spam he

Old September 15th 04, 06:38 PM
JBHajos

On Wed, 15 Sep 2004 16:38:35 GMT, "CatNipped"
wrote:

Now I'm still worried about my other brother, all my nieces and nephews, my
aunts, uncles, cousins - all who are either still in New Orleans or stuck in
traffic somewhere, so purrs would be really appreciated.

Sure thing, purrs are coming for all. N.O. is particularly
vulnerable. Last I heard, Ivan may be headed for Mobile, Alabama, and
much of southern AL. Many evacuees apparently are coming up here to
northern Alabama. Though we're near the Tennessee border, we are
expecting quite a bit of nasty weather since Ivan is so large -
already schools and such are closing down through the weekend!! We're
quite worried about everyone in southern AL and LA. (Jeanne Hedge and
I share a possible "namesake" hurricane coming up - let's hope she
stays a dainty little tropical storm!!)

Jeanne

Old September 15th 04, 06:54 PM
Jeanette

CatNipped wrote in message

Now I'm still worried about my other brother, all my nieces and nephews,

my
aunts, uncles, cousins - all who are either still in New Orleans or stuck

in
traffic somewhere, so purrs would be really appreciated.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Of course. I've seen the pictures of the evacuation (yes, it's being shown
on UK TV). I hope everyone gets out in time, and that all the poor creatures
that can't be evacuated find a safe refuge.

Jeanette