B & C, FluffySp and Ted - Party Time

Old October 11th 03, 01:08 AM
Bev

Default B & C, FluffySp and Ted - Party Time

OK Jeanne, Natasha and anyone interested. Here is an update on the
terrible trio. Ted has been here fixing the leaking roof and updating
my orchid irrigation. The kitties have been in an orgy of
investigative wickedness.

Ted's station wagon was sniffable heaven. The three climbed in through
the window and meddled in everything. It's an old car and there are
lots of attractive wires hanging down from behind the dashboard. It
wouldn't have surprised me if one of the gang had ended up inside the
engine. Ted had to finally shut the window.

B & C sped up the ladder onto the roof and Ted nearly broke his neck
when he trod on one of them as he came backwards down the ladder. He
said he is going to charge us danger money!

But the very worst thing is that it is Springtime - and Springtime is
all about birds!! FluffySP wouldn't know what to do with a bird if it
fell into her mouth but B and C are dedicated hunters. They pulsate
and chatter at every window.
The older birds are safe enough and sneer back but chicks are naive and
vulnerable. They haven't caught one yet and I watch them carefully but
I suspect it is just a matter of time.

Clyde's latest infuriating trick is to insert himself in-between the
wires in a corner behind my computer desk. A harmless occupation I
hear you say. The trouble is I hear munching sounds as he gnaws on the
wires! Getting him out is almost impossible and involves crawling
under the desk and trying to drag him out. This means you pull out a
number of plugs etc. in the process and risk damaging the machine. I
keep blocking up the holes and he keeps squeezing himself through my
blockade like a knife through butter, sigh. I am still working on that
one.

There is a routine that goes on in the evening. First FluffySP arrives
and sits on my chest in the reclining chair. (FSP has a passion for
following people around and rolling on the ground near them. She is
particularly fond of gardeners.) She insists on kneading me at every
pportunity but her claws always catch on my jersey or blouse so there
are caught threads everywhere. Bonnie arrives next and jealously
climbs on top of FluffySP's face to claim the top spot under my chin.
Clyde usually arrives last. He is now a big cat and drapes himself
under Bonnie thereby squeezing FSP to the bottom of the chain. She
goes off in a huff leaving B and C in control. They all ignore John!

Although B and C are officially cats now they still think they are
kittens! Perhaps they always will be, gulp.

Bev
--
God may have created man before woman but there is always a rough draft
before the masterpiece.
Old October 11th 03, 04:08 AM
lrulan

Bev, what fun! teehee.
But you love it, don't you?
Jazz & his mama

--

Irulan
from now until the end of time

Old October 11th 03, 06:34 AM
Marina

"Bev" wrote
OK Jeanne, Natasha and anyone interested. Here is an update on the
terrible trio.

LOL! Thank you for the update. I especially like the line about FluffySP
liking gardeners. Little flirt!

--
Marina

Old October 11th 03, 10:24 AM
JHBennett

Might give some thought to shielding your computer cables. Might I suggest
locating some vacuum cleaner hose from one of the old tank type (they're
dirt cheap) or the flex hose for a shop vac. It managed to ward off a
chewing puppy for me.

As for the remainder of your problems, may I wish you the very best of luck
;-)
Cheers,
Jack

Old October 11th 03, 12:40 PM
David Stevenson

Bev wrote
--
God may have created man before woman but there is always a rough draft
before the masterpiece.

Didn't learn much, did he?

--
David Stevenson Storypage: http://blakjak.com/sty_menu.htm
Liverpool, England, UK Emails welcome
Old October 11th 03, 01:05 PM
polonca12000

Thanks for the update, Bev.
When Soncek was younger, he loved chewing on the wires also, until I smeared
some hot pepper sauce on them. He never chewed on them again.
HTH,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"Bev" wrote in message
snip Clyde's latest infuriating trick is to insert himself in-between
the
wires in a corner behind my computer desk. A harmless occupation I
hear you say. The trouble is I hear munching sounds as he gnaws on the
wires! snip

Old October 11th 03, 03:35 PM
Brenda

"Bev" wrote in message
[...]

glad to hear they're still keeping you busy, Bev!
purrs,
Brenda

Old October 11th 03, 07:35 PM
Jeanne Hedge

On Sat, 11 Oct 2003 13:08:20 +1300, Bev wrote:

OK Jeanne, Natasha and anyone interested. Here is an update on the
terrible trio. Ted has been here fixing the leaking roof and updating
my orchid irrigation. The kitties have been in an orgy of
investigative wickedness.

snip

Although B and C are officially cats now they still think they are
kittens! Perhaps they always will be, gulp.

Thanks for the update Bev

I love reading about their antics (even if they are cats now), but I'm
sure glad I don't have to live with them! (^.-)

Jeanne Hedge, as directed by Natasha

http://www.jhedge.com

CompuServe Comics/Anime Forum via Your Browser
- IT'S FREE! -
*** http://go.compuserve.com/comic ***
Old October 11th 03, 07:58 PM
Takayuki

Bev wrote:
Although B and C are officially cats now they still think they are
kittens! Perhaps they always will be, gulp.

If there's only a couple of cables that Clyde is interested in, maybe
you chould Bitter Apple 'em. I remember hearing that mouse cords are
especially attractive to chew on because they taste good due to
whatever chemical additives they use to make those cables supple.

BTW, are there pictures of Big Clyde? Pleeeease.

Old October 11th 03, 11:32 PM
Bev

Takayuki wrote:

Bev wrote:
Although B and C are officially cats now they still think they are
kittens! Perhaps they always will be, gulp.

If there's only a couple of cables that Clyde is interested in, maybe
you chould Bitter Apple 'em. I remember hearing that mouse cords are
especially attractive to chew on because they taste good due to
whatever chemical additives they use to make those cables supple.

BTW, are there pictures of Big Clyde? Pleeeease.

Thanks for the suggestions about safe-guarding the computer cables but I
think I have foiled Clyde, for the moment anyway. I haven't taken any
pictures of the gang for a while and will get onto it. Clyde weighs a
ton and is still putting on the beef. He likes lying on top of my
reclining chair and how does he get there? What better way than to use
my stomach as a trampoline!!! I go 'oooof, Jez, owwww". But it is
worse when he decides to come down the same way! Bonnie does the same
thing but is not as heavy - hence less pain. Sometimes they fight for
the top of the chair then they both fall down, "ooooof, Jez,
OWWWWWWW".

Clyde is still a bit scared of Deo but doesn't run away these days - he
slinks away with a puffed up tail and false dignity, remember he still
thinks like a kitten but I think Deo knows just how big he is, lololol.

Bev