I'm Sorry

Old July 23rd 08, 01:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley via CatKB.com

Default I'm Sorry

Yowie wrote:
If everyone else is having excess heat and storms like my part of the
country is, maybe we can blame the unrest, for lack of a better word,
on that.

Yes, that would make sense. Everyone goes a bit 'whacky' in the heat &
humidity and that *tension* befor ea storm breaks. Tempers flair and people
do tend to get a bit...fragile.

Like here right now it's humid and hot and there's no breeze- everyone in the
office is grumbling about it

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old July 23rd 08, 02:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

On Jul 23, 8:41*am, "Lesley via CatKB.com" u27720@uwe wrote:
Yowie wrote:
If everyone else is having excess heat and storms like my part of the
country is, maybe we can blame the unrest, for lack of a better word,
on that.

Yes, that would make sense. Everyone goes a bit 'whacky' in the heat &
humidity and that *tension* befor ea storm breaks. Tempers flair and people
do tend to get a bit...fragile.

Like here right now it's humid and hot and there's no breeze- everyone in the
office is grumbling about it

Yabut at least I know what I'm going to make for supper (looks
upthread)

--
Will in New Haven

Old July 23rd 08, 02:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

Default WHAT HAVE I DONE? :(

"Victor Martinez" wrote in message
CatNipped wrote:
don't like a poster, killfile them. But *PLEASE* don't make it
uncomfortable for people here to express their true beliefs and feelings
for fear of becoming the object of a witch hunt!

Who appointed you to decide what is ok to post on this group?

Nobody - that position is already taken since Joyce appointed herself to the
job!

Hugs,

CatNipped

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old July 23rd 08, 03:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

"Yowie" wrote in message

My DH is so fat because he ate my first husband?

I told someone once that I'm a Sumo wrestler and on a special diet because I
need to bulk up.

Pam S.

Old July 23rd 08, 07:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

"Granby" wrote in message
If everyone else is having excess heat and storms like my part of
the country is, maybe we can blame the unrest, for lack of a better
word, on that.

You make a good point. I know the fires and smoke make me more
irritable than usual.

We are about due for our long summer heat wave that is usually
accompanied by a lot of gun and knife activity where people don't have
reliable air conditioning. Too many people spending too much time
feeling like hell and sitting outside and drinking. Happens every
year in late July or August.

Jo

Old July 23rd 08, 09:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Sherry" wrote in message

I remember when I got spanked but good just for using the word
"lifestyle" in blessed ignorance that it might be an offensive word.
Hell. I didn't know.

I am intrigued by this. What on earth is wrong with the word "lifestyle"
and why would you be spanked for using it?

Tweed

Old July 23rd 08, 10:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

"Sherry" wrote in message

I remember when I got spanked but good just for using the word
"lifestyle" in blessed ignorance that it might be an offensive word.
Hell. I didn't know.

I am intrigued by this. What on earth is wrong with the word "lifestyle"
and why would you be spanked for using it?

Tweed

One of the problems that homosexuals face in trying to get their due rights
in this country is the fact that some people believe that being a homosexual
is a choice of lifestyle rather than just how a person happened to be born.
When you say "gay lifestyle" that implies that it could be easily changed by
simply adopting a "heterosexual lifestyle". But when you admit that a
person is born homosexual instead of choosing to be homosexual, then you
have to believe that God/nature/Gaia *made* them that way - and if you do
that, then you have to accept them and grant them the rights of every other
person made by God/nature/Gaia.

So by insisting that it is just a "lifestyle" you are saying that, if they
want the same rights, then they should simple "choose" to be heterosexual.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old July 23rd 08, 10:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

"Sherry" wrote in message

[...]

And FTR, I had no idea.
Getting nitpicky again.....but actually, there are *many* lifestyles
that are not
of one's own choosing. Using the word singularly doesn't imply
anything; the example phrase that you used *does*, "choice of
lifestyle". I do understand *that* would be very offensive.

Sherry

Yep, sorry, I didn't mean to speak for you - I don't even know which post
this might even have been discussing. As with everything else, I think
what's needed is just a little common sense - if a person is deliberately
trying to be offensive it's usually pretty obvious and people would have a
right to be snarky back, but if somebody just makes a comment and forgets to
consult that latest PC dictionary first, it really should just be overlooked
or gently explained!

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old July 23rd 08, 10:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Sherry" wrote in message

[...]

Well, thanks for the explanation, but that is just ridiculous. No-one can
choose their sexuality.
Is this the only way the word "lifestyle" is used in the USA?
Here, and away I go again, the word is innocuous. We use it to describe
what we like to do. My lifestyle is simply how I live my life and it means
no more than that.

Tweed