Cheeky robin!

Old January 16th 11, 06:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
rafflescat

Default Cheeky robin!

Had a little giggle today. We were out with friends and looking around
a garden centre. It had a gourmet food department and over at the home
baking they had a beautiful display of scones and teabreads. On one of
the scones sat a little robin, industriously eating for all he was
worth! He was so tame that he only grudgingly moved when we walked
across to him! He was in very good condition and all his feathers were
smooth and in place. Not for him the ice and snow! Have to admit it
made me think twice before buying anything though! Partly nibbled
scones anyone?

Old January 17th 11, 02:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
MLB[_2_]

rafflescat wrote:
Had a little giggle today. We were out with friends and looking around
a garden centre. It had a gourmet food department and over at the home
baking they had a beautiful display of scones and teabreads. On one of
the scones sat a little robin, industriously eating for all he was
worth! He was so tame that he only grudgingly moved when we walked
across to him! He was in very good condition and all his feathers were
smooth and in place. Not for him the ice and snow! Have to admit it
made me think twice before buying anything though! Partly nibbled
scones anyone?

There used to be a market close by that had birds flying around all the
time. They left their front doors open and the neighborhood birds took
advantage. They had to watch carefully around the produce or the birds
would have a feast. They had to cover everything at night.MLB