cat in carriers

Old August 31st 03, 03:48 PM
~*SooZy*~

Default cat in carriers

alt.binaries.picture.animals
I have posted a couple of pictures in the above newsgroup to show by leaving
your cat carrier out all the time, a cat is not afraid and uses them as a
bed.... please have a look at my cats... also in bottom link too
--
Luv'n'Stuff
*~*SooZy*~*

Old August 31st 03, 04:10 PM
MaryL

"~*SooZy*~" wrote in message
alt.binaries.picture.animals
I have posted a couple of pictures in the above newsgroup to show by

leaving
your cat carrier out all the time, a cat is not afraid and uses them as a
bed.... please have a look at my cats... also in bottom link too
--
Luv'n'Stuff
*~*SooZy*~*
New Pictures added every few days
http://community.webshots.com/user/ragdollcatsuk

My cats will also use their carriers as lounging areas when I leave the
carriers available all the time. Unfortunately, they seem to have some
sense of when it's "visit the vet time" because they go into
intense-struggle mode when that time arrives. Even my blind cat Duffy uses
the cat bed when he wants it but vigorously rejects it for visits to the
vet. LOL!

MaryL

Old September 1st 03, 08:07 PM
MaryL

"~*SooZy*~" wrote in message

I am so lucky then.... just put them on the floor call the cats and in

they
go... close the doors and off we go :-) get to the vets and they walk

out,
have a cuddle with my vet then after whatever she puts them back on the
table puts the carrier on the table and in they get!
but I have had the 12 legged monster who I might add used to be sedated by
my old vet as he used to attack her! the dustman had kicked him and broke
his leg, in fact shattered it, he had to visit the vets 13 times so I

don't
blame him for hating her :-( in a way!

That's terrible. Did you report the person who kicked your cat? Was
anything done about it? But I certainly understand why the cat feared going
to the vet ... sort of like children who develop a fear of dentists because
they associate the visit with pain and don't understand that it really will
help them.

MaryL

Old September 1st 03, 09:17 PM
~*SooZy*~

"MaryL" wrote in message

"~*SooZy*~" wrote in message

[...]

I did report it yes but it was denied....... I did not see it happen but I
heard a shout from dustman I was indoors thought nothing of it till later
when I discovered my cat :-(
think he must of been going through the bin bags.......

Old September 1st 03, 09:19 PM
~*SooZy*~

"Brandy Alexandre" wrote in message
~*SooZy*~ wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav:

I am so lucky then.... just put them on the floor call the cats
and in they go... close the doors and off we go :-) get to the
vets and they walk out, have a cuddle with my vet then after
whatever she puts them back on the table puts the carrier on the
table and in they get! but I have had the 12 legged monster who I
might add used to be sedated by my old vet as he used to attack
her! the dustman had kicked him and broke his leg, in fact
shattered it, he had to visit the vets 13 times so I don't blame
him for hating her :-( in a way!

Oh! Once we get to the vet, it's the reverse issue. I have to grab
Kami while I get one of the techs to pull the carrier. It's like
trying to take off a boot after a long day.

--
Brandy Alexandre®

LOL oh I can just imagine

Old September 2nd 03, 12:17 PM
Joe Pitt

I think it is that WE are putting them in. They aren't choosing to go in.
Also, mine never close the door behind them when they use it.
--
Joe
http://www.jwpitt.com/cats.htm

Cat carriers Yoj Cat anecdotes 42 December 5th 04 09:51 PM
Ping & Weeble visit TED (long) Magic Mood Jeep© Cat anecdotes 22 November 11th 04 01:35 PM
Itsy bitsy kitty litter box in carrier? Sara Cat health & behaviour 12 July 2nd 03 08:38 PM