A last farm walk

Old April 7th 04, 09:09 PM
Ginger-lyn Summer

On Tue, 06 Apr 2004 01:43:32 GMT, Victor Martinez
wrote:

story reluctantly snipped for space

What a beautiful, but sad, story. Thank you.

Ginger-lyn

Old April 8th 04, 02:40 AM
Tanada

Victor Martinez wrote:

Tubby J. Tupelo, Farm Cat March 1991 - March 2004

* * * * * * * * *
* * *

And so, as you who have lost pets/friends know, "life goes on" as
long as it can, and memories are forever. Many thanks and love to
all of Tubby's friends.
Carol Ann

I didn't know Tubby personally, but I wish I had. This was one of the
most moving and honest tributes I've ever read about anyone. Tubby had
a rich and loving life and he will be missed by those who'd like to have
known him as well as those who did.

Pam, Rob, and the NC nine

Old April 8th 04, 03:47 AM
Takayuki

"GraceCat" wrote:
How sad... I'll miss Tubby and I never even knew him.

BUT!!!
I did notice this

"Victor Martinez" wrote in message

Sunday at 5 PM, Tom Spencer's "Austin Now," for a tour of the farm.

If you happen to see that, you'll have to let us know how it is!
Unfortunately, it seemed like it was a sad day when they were filming.
It seems that Tubby went very peacefully, and it was a happy story.

Old April 8th 04, 09:32 PM
dsh-diva

On Tue, 6 Apr 2004 06:49:31 -0600, "Christine Burel"
wrote:

An absolutely lovely tribute to Tubby. Thanks, Victor.
Christine
"Victor Martinez" wrote in message
Here's the latest newsletter from Boggy Creek Farm. It's a tribute to

Tubby.

April 5, 2004
A Last Farm Walk

Greetings Friends of the Farm,

If I'd known it would be his last farm walk, I would have
carried him. Instead, when he paused, I called, brightly, "Tubby,
come along! Farm walk!"

He came with us to this piece of bottom land almost twelve
years ago. He was Dot's (our daughter's) kitten. She'd named him
"Sable," in reference to his blackness, and together they came to
help us start the farm. He had baby fat even then, probably as a
result of the alteration of his tom-cat status, and to me, "Tubby"
seemed a friendlier name. But because he deserved a full name, I
titled him "Tubby J. Tupelo." I explained to the curious that his
ancestors came from Tupelo, Mississippi, like the other famous
black-haired individual, Elvis. Nonsense, yes, but it suited him, and
me.

What a lovely tribute and what a great life for a cat! (or for anyone
for that matter! Thanks for sharing this.

Jennie

Old April 8th 04, 09:32 PM
dsh-diva

wrote:

[...]

Purrs for farm cat Victor Martinez Cat anecdotes 35 March 7th 04 12:36 PM
Kitty Walk! jmcquown Cat anecdotes 17 October 24th 03 12:46 PM
Jazz's butt aka the I know where I'm going walk.... lrulan Cat anecdotes 2 October 21st 03 05:01 AM