"Star", Melba, and Sylvester (long)

Old January 30th 08, 01:55 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Susan M[_3_]

Default "Star", Melba, and Sylvester (long)

LesleyM via CatKB.com wrote:
MaryL wrote:

Don't worry about the size of the apartment. Think about how small a cat is
in comparison to a human. Cats can get plenty of exercise by running around
even a tiny apartment, going up and over furniture, etc. If she can get a
cat tree, that would be ideal -- mine are tall and sturdy, but they only
take up 24" square of floor space.

I don't even have a cat tree but they have bookcases and wardrobes and
kitchen cupboard tops (Dunzi's favourite- she gets the Sun from there) and
the top of the fridge or the top of the living room door (Another Dunzi
favourite) to jump up on and furniture to leap across, under, round etc. Plus
there's always the exercise of opening doors, bouncing off Hoomins etc

And I did see some very nice cat trees...if they're good (Okay.....next time
I am feeling a bit flush)

I swear that my house would be decorated wall to wall with them if left
to my own devices - also, I'd have about 20 cats if not for my family!

I think that Hunter too will find some good places to climb from what I
saw of her apartment.

Susan M
Otis and Chester
Old January 30th 08, 01:55 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Susan M[_3_]

EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) wrote:
\
I wouldn't worry! Cats are very adaptable critters, and anyway a
healthy cat SLEEPS between eighteen and twenty hours a day - he'll enjoy
his playtime with her all the more, for being well-rested. ;-)

.... somebody should tell that to Otis, who is not much of a sleeper :-)

Susan M
Otis and Chester

Old January 30th 08, 05:59 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Susan M wrote:

He has all the accessories a good cat can have but just atrocious
manners ;-)

LOL. It's a good thing he has impeccable litter box manners. I guess
that earns him a lot of leeway in other things. BTW, Caliban does not
just sleep beside the kitchen sink, he sleeps *in* it, too. So he and
Sylvester are kindred spirits.

Old January 30th 08, 06:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Susan M wrote:

I swear that my house would be decorated wall to wall with them if left
to my own devices - also, I'd have about 20 cats if not for my family!

Well, I was left to my own devices and I have three cat trees inside and
two outside. My thinking was that I can go out any time if I feel too
confined, but the cats have to spend 24/7 here, so I should furnish it
as much for them as for myself. I never wanted to be featured in
Beautiful Homes, anyway. :P

Old January 31st 08, 04:39 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sam

Marina wrote:
Susan M wrote:

I swear that my house would be decorated wall to wall with them if
left to my own devices - also, I'd have about 20 cats if not for my
family!

Well, I was left to my own devices and I have three cat trees inside and
two outside. My thinking was that I can go out any time if I feel too
confined, but the cats have to spend 24/7 here, so I should furnish it
as much for them as for myself. I never wanted to be featured in
Beautiful Homes, anyway. :P

Maybe you could be featured in "Beautiful Homes, Feline Edition"

Sam, supervised by Mistletoe
Old January 31st 08, 05:29 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

sam wrote:
Marina wrote:
Susan M wrote:

I swear that my house would be decorated wall to wall with them if
left to my own devices - also, I'd have about 20 cats if not for my
family!

Well, I was left to my own devices and I have three cat trees inside
and two outside. My thinking was that I can go out any time if I
feel too confined, but the cats have to spend 24/7 here, so I should
furnish it as much for them as for myself. I never wanted to be
featured in Beautiful Homes, anyway. :P

Maybe you could be featured in "Beautiful Homes, Feline Edition"

Now there's a magazine I'd like to read.

Old January 31st 08, 10:37 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Steve Touchstone

On Tue, 29 Jan 2008 15:59:53 GMT, "LesleyM via CatKB.com" u40640@uwe
wrote:

I don't even have a cat tree but they have bookcases and wardrobes and
kitchen cupboard tops (Dunzi's favourite- she gets the Sun from there) and
the top of the fridge or the top of the living room door (Another Dunzi
favourite) to jump up on and furniture to leap across, under, round etc. Plus
there's always the exercise of opening doors, bouncing off Hoomins etc

And I did see some very nice cat trees...if they're good (Okay.....next time
I am feeling a bit flush)

well, the cats don't seem to mind how they look ;-) I just get the
el-cheapo ones from WalMart. They don't last very long, maybe 3-4
months. If you look at the one in this pic you'll see it's time to get
a new one http://tinyurl.com/2ddnuq
Of course some cats don't climb. Little Bit seldom does, although she
surprised me and was on the middle platform the other night. I've got
the proof at http://tinyurl.com/28vuem
I've yet to see Princess on the tree
--
Steve Touchstone,
faithful servant of Sammy, Little Bit, Spot,

video clips at http://tinyurl.com/29o8ck
photos at http://tinyurl.com/22pfn8
Old January 31st 08, 12:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Marina wrote:
sam wrote:
Marina wrote:
Susan M wrote:

I swear that my house would be decorated wall to wall with them if
left to my own devices - also, I'd have about 20 cats if not for my
family!

Well, I was left to my own devices and I have three cat trees inside
and two outside. My thinking was that I can go out any time if I
feel too confined, but the cats have to spend 24/7 here, so I should
furnish it as much for them as for myself. I never wanted to be
featured in Beautiful Homes, anyway. :P

Maybe you could be featured in "Beautiful Homes, Feline Edition"

Now there's a magazine I'd like to read.

You can only read it once the cat's finished sitting on it. :-)
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old January 31st 08, 08:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Susan M wrote:
.

More on the spleen - it was 4 times oversized compared to usual - had
a hematoma and was folded over and growing over upon itself. They
were proposing an aspiration but realized that if they had penetrated
the hemotoma, it might have created a huge problem. It could have
burst even over time if they hadn't elected to remove it. That's
what they said and they seem comfortable with their decision, despite
the complications. I passed on your comments and concerns Christina
and Lesley - because they echoed what I thought.

I feel so much better knowing this. A hematoma is a "blood blister" like
you can get on your finger if you hit it with a hammer though, so don't let
them blind you with science.
Since the spleen was 4 x enlarged it's likely to be pre-cancerous so it's
good that they removed it before it burst. You certainly do not want a
spleen to burst if you are out at work all day. It would be curtains, RB.

Pearlie-girlie only survived it because I was at home on a Bank Holiday.
Had I been at work that day, she would have bled to death while I was at
work. She went on to get bone cancer in a a few months and her leg broke
getting out of bed so don't offer too much hope please.

Old February 7th 08, 10:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

Susan M wrote:

Hi the

Well, I got Star and he was groggy. I took him to meet Sarah and she is
an absolutely lovely person - she has had cats before (I thought she
hadn't) and knew how to treat him in his grogginess. snip
Susan M
Otis and Chester

Lots and lots of purrs for all the kitties and hugs for you, Susan,
Polonca and Soncek