Alternative to pilling

Old July 30th 12, 12:55 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default Alternative to pilling- SUCCESS - I think

"MatSav" wrote in message

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

"MatSav" wrote in message

"Christina Websell" wrote in
message ...

He was *so* guilty of raping his stepdaughters...

I was once asked if I would like to be a Social Worker. It's the "bad"
side (threats, accusations - even physical violence) that put me off
following that career path.

I'll just stick to volunteering with the Scouts. The Boy Scouts of
America have been in the news recently for upholding their "No 18+ gay
people allowed to join or continue their membership with us" policy.
Here in the UK, we're "all inclusive", regardless of sexuality - unless
the member or prospective member has a substantiated accusation or
conviction for sex offences, including paedophillia.

being gay does not mean you are a paedophile. I wish people would get
away from this idea.

However Scout leaders, unfortunately, often have to be investigated for
their interest in young boys if there is an allegation
1/20 shows that the investigation was a good idea.

Please don't think I think you are anything other than a nice man who
helps young boys not to be dreadful.

Of course I don't think you hold a derogatory opinion of me, Tweed. Just
one point though - Scouting in the UK has been "unisex" since the mid
1990's, and isn't only for boys.

I also agree with you about the 1/20 - there will *always* be bad apples
in the barrel, no matter how careful our checks. I raised concerns about a
fellow leader once. He was later convicted of a sexual offence against a
child, but not one involved in Scouts (and not as a result of the report I
made) - but it did validate my concerns.

--

Good for you. We must all be alert. However I have now retired and I must
stop thinking I haven't. I cannot get away from it quite yet.

Anyway, it's not my problem now. Boyfie and I are at home together and we
love it. I can get up and go to bed when I want and will never have to
phone my manager to explain why I am ten minutes late.
I was allowed "one day" for my husband's funeral with pay. After that I
either took holiday or lost pay if I wasn't back to work.

Old July 30th 12, 01:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB[_4_]

wrote in message

"Christina wrote in message

wrote in message

[...]

l Good luck! I've been retired for 29 years. I still dream
(frequently) that
I am at work. Or I dream the office has moved and I can't find it.
After a life time of work, it is hard to "let go". MLB

Old July 31st 12, 07:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Judith Latham" wrote in message
In article , Christina Websell
wrote:

"MatSav" wrote in message

"Christina Websell" wrote in
message ...

"MatSav" wrote in message

[...]

That's dreadful, just one day for your husband's funeral. I know I moan
about my employer but in such circumstances they are very reasonable.
Perhaps I ought to say so far. when my father died, I had three days with
pay (so did my sister from the same employer but a different department.)
and a day for his funeral.

I harboured a huge resentment about that - as you would, of course, so when
I got the chance to get out many years later without compromising myself, I
did. I got the money owing to me and shipped out two weeks early.
Let them come for me about it..
I took my computer reader thingie with me. I'd been told it was mine for
ever. They even pursued me to take it back to them. FGS.
It was quite a fight. I was assessed as needing it after my eye operations
and although my employers did have to pay for it in the first place, the DSS
paid them back as helping me back into work.
Did I give my reader back to my employers?
No. Did they keep wanting it? Yes. They thought they could save a bit of
money if they had another employee with a sight problem and use mine.
It doesn't work like that.
Everyone has to be assessed themselves. My reader was and is mine only. I
was continually phoned saying my employers wanted it back after I retired.
They said they would come to my house and insist I gave it back. I said best
not to as it was mine, not theirs and I would refuse to give it up unless
they got the police.
Bad luck they had, wasn't it?
They've given up now ;-)
It is not theirs. If I thought it was I would give it back. It was paid
for from the Dss to enable me to work and I can take it with me if I wanted
or needed to work elsewhere. It cost a huge amount of money and my
employers paid 10% for it to help me stay there for since 2003.
I think they got their money's worth from me.
What sort of employer would try to take a reader away when they paid 10 per
cent of the cost just in case another employee might need one? Which would
be a rare thing.
That's why I got out.

Alternative treatments for cancer [email protected] Cat health & behaviour 1 September 29th 07 11:17 PM
Alternative for cat collar? The Other Mike Cat health & behaviour 3 June 1st 06 11:05 PM
Pilling Nox Enfilade Cat anecdotes 3 March 29th 06 05:15 AM
Help with pilling a cat meow Cat health & behaviour 10 March 8th 06 11:42 PM
Need help pilling cat! Cheryl Cat anecdotes 17 August 30th 03 03:06 AM