Cats v.s. humans - contest of wills

Old January 26th 07, 03:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bobcat

Default Cats v.s. humans - contest of wills

A few moments ago I went into the bathroom to comb my hair, but Emily
our grey bratcat had gotten there first. She was sprawled on the comfy
mat under the mirror, enjoying the heat from the radiator on this
bitterly cold Canadian morning.

Gently I booped her furry butt with the toe of my show, but she only
stared up at me and didn't budge. I shrugged, and awkwardly planted one
foot on each side of her and got out my comb.

When Emily saw me do this, she immediately rose and sauntered from the
room. A coincidence? I don't think so. I think she figured she'd won
this latest contest of wills. Cats - 1, Humans - 0.

I'm curious. Does this go on at your place?

Old January 26th 07, 04:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

Bobcat wrote:
A few moments ago I went into the bathroom to comb my hair, but Emily
our grey bratcat had gotten there first. She was sprawled on the comfy
mat under the mirror, enjoying the heat from the radiator on this
bitterly cold Canadian morning.

Gently I booped her furry butt with the toe of my show, but she only
stared up at me and didn't budge. I shrugged, and awkwardly planted one
foot on each side of her and got out my comb.

When Emily saw me do this, she immediately rose and sauntered from the
room. A coincidence? I don't think so. I think she figured she'd won
this latest contest of wills. Cats - 1, Humans - 0.

I'm curious. Does this go on at your place?

I think this

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.p...32870914322c39

counts. If you google, you can find out why I have _two_ computer
chairs, which is even more to the point.

Will in New Haven

Old January 26th 07, 05:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana

On 26 Jan 2007 07:34:51 -0800, "Bobcat"
yodeled:

A few moments ago I went into the bathroom to comb my hair, but Emily
our grey bratcat had gotten there first. She was sprawled on the comfy
mat under the mirror, enjoying the heat from the radiator on this
bitterly cold Canadian morning.

Gently I booped her furry butt with the toe of my show, but she only
stared up at me and didn't budge. I shrugged, and awkwardly planted one
foot on each side of her and got out my comb.

When Emily saw me do this, she immediately rose and sauntered from the
room. A coincidence? I don't think so. I think she figured she'd won
this latest contest of wills. Cats - 1, Humans - 0.

I'm curious. Does this go on at your place?

No. I'm totally beaten down.

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War
Old January 26th 07, 11:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
mlbriggs

On Fri, 26 Jan 2007 07:34:51 -0800, Bobcat wrote:

A few moments ago I went into the bathroom to comb my hair, but Emily
our grey bratcat had gotten there first. She was sprawled on the comfy
mat under the mirror, enjoying the heat from the radiator on this
bitterly cold Canadian morning.

Gently I booped her furry butt with the toe of my show, but she only
stared up at me and didn't budge. I shrugged, and awkwardly planted one
foot on each side of her and got out my comb.

When Emily saw me do this, she immediately rose and sauntered from the
room. A coincidence? I don't think so. I think she figured she'd won
this latest contest of wills. Cats - 1, Humans - 0.

I'm curious. Does this go on at your place?

No. If I walk into a room and find TuTu in my chair, I ask her politely
if I may have my chair. She politely gets up and gives it to me.
Then----she will usually jump into my lap. MLB
Old January 27th 07, 05:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Bobcat wrote:

When Emily saw me do this, she immediately rose and sauntered from the
room. A coincidence? I don't think so. I think she figured she'd won
this latest contest of wills. Cats - 1, Humans - 0.

I'm curious. Does this go on at your place?

Heh, it's more like Cats - 1,111, Humans - 0 around here.

Pics at http://s120.photobucket.com/albums/o185/frankiennikki/
http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/frankiennikki/
http://community.webshots.com/user/frankiennikki
Old January 27th 07, 10:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian A

mlbriggs wrote:
[...]

If I ask Snoopy politely if I may have my chair, the look she gives me
definately says 'sod off'. ;-)
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.

Old January 27th 07, 06:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bobcat

On Jan 26, 11:40 am, "Will in New Haven"
wrote:
I think this
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.p...browse_frm/thr...
counts. If you google, you can find out why I have _two_ computer
chairs, which is even more to the point.
Will in New Haven

These days my lone computer chair is mine to use because these cold
days our darling tortie Martha, the sweetest cat who ever lived,
prefers the cat bed on the office table behind us because it's
directly over the warm radiator. But when the weather's not chilled
I'll often come in the office and find her sleeping on my computer
chair. In Martha's case it's not a contest of wills - she just likes
it there. What to do? I gently roll the chair (Martha and all) back
from the computer, squeeze a straight-backed uncomfortable chair in
front of it, and sit with my nose a few inches from the monitor. My
family sees me why I don't turf our Martha. My answer is always the
same: "She got there first."

A footnote: a few minutes ago I finished bathing and went in the
bedroom to get dressed. I'd left my favourite green sweater on the
bed, ready to wear today.

Martha is still sleeping on the green sweater. I'm wearing a red
sweater.

Old January 29th 07, 03:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana

On 27 Jan 2007 10:07:19 -0800, "Bobcat"
yodeled:

wrote:
[...]

I let my answering machine pick up a call from my dad yesterday
because Stinky was sleeping in my lap.

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War