My weird cats

Old August 3rd 09, 07:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
---MIKE---

Default My weird cats

I have a large hummingbird feeder (48 ounce) hanging about one foot from
a window. Inside the window is a large cat tree with a platform about
on a level with the feeder. The hummers are very active - draining the
feeder in one day. Wouldn't you think the cats would go crazy watching
the birds? OK, Amber is not agile enough now to get on the platform but
Tiger can get up there easily. He doesn't pay any attention to them.

---MIKE---
In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44° 15' N - Elevation 1580')

Old August 3rd 09, 08:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

On Aug 3, 2:50*pm, (---MIKE---) wrote:
I have a large hummingbird feeder (48 ounce) hanging about one foot from
a window. *Inside the window is a large cat tree with a platform about
on a level with the feeder. *The hummers are very active - draining the
feeder in one day. *Wouldn't you think the cats would go crazy watching
the birds? *OK, Amber is not agile enough now to get on the platform but
Tiger can get up there easily. *He doesn't pay any attention to them.

I'm so weird I thought your first sentence was about a feeder for very
large hummingbirds. So I guess I would get along with your cats. When
WooToo deigns to notice a bird outside a window she immediately looks
at me and gives her command "yeep," which means "do what I want. Now."
By context, I realize that she wants me to get her the bird. But I
don't do it.

--
Will in New Haven

Old August 4th 09, 04:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

I have enough hummingbirds for the whole group, they are eating, drinking,
two gallons of sugar water a day. EVER DAY!

Old August 4th 09, 10:45 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
James Dent

"---MIKE---" wrote in message
I have a large hummingbird feeder (48 ounce) hanging about one foot from
a window. Inside the window is a large cat tree with a platform about
on a level with the feeder. The hummers are very active - draining the
feeder in one day. Wouldn't you think the cats would go crazy watching
the birds? OK, Amber is not agile enough now to get on the platform but
Tiger can get up there easily. He doesn't pay any attention to them.
---MIKE---
In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44° 15' N - Elevation 1580')

My wife & I have about 200 hummingbirds w/8 of the PetPerk 56 oz feeders,
refilled twice daily. The arbor where the feeders hang is just outside the
breakfast room window where the cats have a perch. Our Fabuolus Four have no
interest in the hummers but go nuts when one of the Mockingbirds lands on
the deck rail.
BTW, we have used 150 lbs of sugar so far and bought another 100 lbs
yesterday.

Old August 4th 09, 12:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
---MIKE---

James Dent wrote:

My wife & I have about 200
hummingbirds w/8 of the PetPerk 56 oz
feeders, refilled twice daily. The arbor
where the feeders hang is just outside
the breakfast room window where the
cats have a perch. Our Fabuolus Four
have no interest in the hummers but go
nuts when one of the Mockingbirds
lands on the deck rail.

BTW, we have used 150 lbs of sugar so
far and bought another 100 lbs
yesterday.

I am content with my hummingbird population. I wouldn't have the
patience to make that much nectar plus I wouldn't want to spend that
much on sugar. I have to "brew" a gallon every other day.

Old August 4th 09, 02:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

On Aug 4, 5:45*am, "James Dent" wrote:
"---MIKE---" wrote in message

[...]

I bet someone is checking to see if you have bought any copper coil
lately. The feds pay attention to large sugar purposes.

--
Will in New Haven
"Good moonshne burns with a clear blue flame" Delta Moon "Clear Blue
Old August 4th 09, 04:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

my mom does around 2/3 gallons a day for hers, sister makes a sugar run
during christmas holiday season when sugar is very cheap and gets several
gobs of it, not even sure how much but she stores it on her back porch for
her christmas baking, preserving and humming birds, when she figures the
price mom just keeps tabs and pays her when she is going to the store the
next time, it looks like a cookie factory on her porch, Lee

Old August 4th 09, 07:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Will in New Haven wrote:

On Aug 4, 5:45?am, "James Dent" wrote:

My wife & I have about 200 hummingbirds w/8 of the PetPerk 56 oz feeders,
refilled twice daily. The arbor where the feeders hang is just outside the
breakfast room window where the cats have a perch. Our Fabuolus Four have no
interest in the hummers but go nuts when one of the Mockingbirds lands on
the deck rail.
BTW, we have used 150 lbs of sugar so far and bought another 100 lbs
yesterday.

I bet someone is checking to see if you have bought any copper coil
lately. The feds pay attention to large sugar purposes.

You might have noticed the Prohibition has been over for a little while.

Joyce

--
I used to think that life should be fair. But then I realized it's
better that life is unfair. If life is fair, that would mean we
Old August 5th 09, 03:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

If they check me I could be in trouble. Am setting up a tent in the garage
this winter with a heat lamp. Have banana plants, hibiscus trees and a few
other things that won't probably winter without a little help. Kids think
people will think I am growing pot. Between that and all the sugar, I may
be here asking for donations to get me out of jail.