Looking for cats to join our community (pictures! :D )

Old April 29th 12, 06:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Er Win

Default Looking for cats to join our community (pictures! :D )

Hi there,

One week ago a new cat community was brought into life, Cats Around
The Globe.
Its a place where we will build a collection of articles on cats,
ranging from health, behavior, fun to everything else!

We are still looking for cats to be added to our profile pages, a
unique page dedicated to your cat(s).
Its free and easy, no registration and no spam. Just a fair place to
share with other cat guardians.

We're also looking for guest-blogger, contributers, or people who want
to participate in any way. I'm new to google groups so im not sure if
this is the right place for this appeal, but a friend suggest this to
get in touch with cat lovers!

The website is www.catsaroundtheglobe.com

Hope to see you soon

ErWin
Old April 29th 12, 09:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MatSav[_2_]

"Er Win" wrote in message
Hi there,

One week ago a new cat community was brought into life ...

snip suspected SPAM

Well, apologies if this really is a web site about cats, but
somehow I doubt it.

A Google Groups search shows only one post from this user, on any
Group. A Whois lookup on the domain reveals the registrant is an
"E Smeets", in the Netherlands - and they own "...about 5 other
domains". Further investigation shows they own ten other domains,
and have done so since at least 2008 Someone with the knowledge
of how to register web addresses is very unlikely to be "new to
google groups". The absence of the upper case letters for Google
Groups is also suspicious.

--
MatSav

Old April 29th 12, 09:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Er Win

On 29 apr, 10:10, "MatSav" wrote:
"Er Win" wrote in message

Hi there,

One week ago a new cat community was brought into life ...

snip suspected SPAM

Well, apologies if this really is a web site about cats, but
somehow I doubt it.

A Google Groups search shows only one post from this user, on any
Group. A Whois lookup on the domain reveals the registrant is an
"E Smeets", in the Netherlands - and they own "...about 5 other
domains". Further investigation shows they own ten other domains,
and have done so since at least 2008 Someone with the knowledge
of how to register web addresses is very unlikely to be "new to
google groups". The absence of the upper case letters for Google
Groups is also suspicious.

--
MatSav

Im sorry if you feel that way, but i've never used google groups
before. I'm a freelance webdesigner, so your research is correct
The website has just launched like i said in the first post, just take
a look at the website if you don't believe me. I dont know what else
to say to convince you, i was hoping on getting some feedback and some
submissions of cat pictures, but instead i get accused and judged
suspicious. Too bad, was hoping google groups was something good but
it does not look that way.

Erwin.
Old April 29th 12, 10:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Smokie Darling (Annie)

On Sunday, April 29, 2012 2:10:59 AM UTC-6, MatSav wrote:
"Er Win" wrote in message
Hi there,

One week ago a new cat community was brought into life ...

snip suspected SPAM

Well, apologies if this really is a web site about cats, but
somehow I doubt it.

It does seem to be a valid webpage about cats. At least what I saw. They have a Facebook, Twitter, and ... Well, not sure what the third icon is (RSS feed, maybe?), but I've seen it before...

Don't think that it was SPAM. Just mho
Old April 29th 12, 11:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Er Win

"Er Win" wrote in message
Hi there,

One week ago a new cat community was brought into life ...

snip suspected SPAM

Well, apologies if this really is a web site about cats, but
somehow I doubt it.

It does seem to be a valid webpage about cats. *At least what I saw. *They have a Facebook, Twitter, and ... *Well, not sure what the third icon is (RSS feed, maybe?), but I've seen it before...

Don't think that it was SPAM. *Just mho

The thrid icon is indeed the RSS feed.
Old April 30th 12, 09:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

Er Win wrote:

Hi there,

One week ago a new cat community was brought into life, Cats Around
The Globe.
Its a place where we will build a collection of articles on cats,
ranging from health, behavior, fun to everything else!

We are still looking for cats to be added to our profile pages, a
unique page dedicated to your cat(s).
Its free and easy, no registration and no spam. Just a fair place to
share with other cat guardians.

We're also looking for guest-blogger, contributers, or people who want
to participate in any way. I'm new to google groups so im not sure if
this is the right place for this appeal, but a friend suggest this to
get in touch with cat lovers!

The website is www.catsaroundtheglobe.com

I just checked this out - it's a cute site, just getting started. I know
you'd like people to register, add cats and post, but I like to sit back
and check out a site for a while before signing up. I have a few questions
about the site:

* I tried to log on as "guest" but it told me I had the wrong username
and/or password. (First I put "guest" in the user name and nothing in the
password box, and I got a "blank password" error. Second time, I logged in
as "guest", password "guest". It didn't like that, either.) Could you say
how to do this?

* Can you post to forums as a guest? I wasn't logged on, but I did go
to the forums and I found no way to post.

* You don't have a "Contact Us" link, or if you do, I was unable to find
it.

* I noticed that all the cats were referred to as either a "queen" or a
"tom". Does this mean they are being bred? Or are not neutered? In the US,
the terms "queen" and "tom" are used only for unneutered cats, mostly among
breeders. They don't simply mean "female" and "male". I don't know if that's
a language issue (I'm assuming English isn't your first language) or just
a different situation. We have a huge overpopulation of cats in the US and
it's considered to be very irresponsible not to neuter your pets. I don't
know what the situation is in the Netherlands or Belgium, but I thought
I'd just comment on the terminology - we don't call the average, neutered
house pet a queen or a tom. (Australians, Brits, Canadians, etc: is that
true for you, too?)

--
Joyce

May the great galactic kitten always purr you to sleep.
Old May 1st 12, 05:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Er Win

On Apr 30, 10:30*pm, Bastette wrote:
Er Win wrote:

[...]

Hi Joyce,

Thank you for your feedback, here's my answers:

-GUEST-LOGIN QUESTION
you can not login as guest, if you want to log in you can create an
account by clicking the register link. But if you want to submit a
cat, you dont have to register, Its optional. If you register, you
will get an account that you can also use to submit cats and get an
email whenever someone leaves a comment on your cat's profile page.

-POST TO FORUM AS GUEST QUESTION
since there is no guest option, if you want to post to forums you will
need to register first. reading can be done without registration off
course

-CONTACT QUESTION
you can find the contact information and contact forum via the page
SUPPORT and subpage CONTACT

-TOM/QUEEN QUESTION
this is a good one, i was under the assumption that thoses were the
official terms for a male or female cat. I am also pro neutering, and
two days ago published a post on neutering.
i will change the terms, i will just put in male and female. And yes,
in the Netherlands there is an overpopulation of cats too,
unfortunately.

I hope to see you submit you cat thanks for your feedback

Erwin

Here's a community I might join :) [email protected] Cat anecdotes 1 May 27th 10 05:42 AM
Wanted Pictures of Your Cats [email protected] Cat anecdotes 0 December 14th 07 12:27 AM
post your cats pictures here? Green mark Cat community 0 July 17th 06 08:00 AM
Pictures of cats Ann Cat anecdotes 29 November 4th 04 05:46 PM
Pictures of my cats Adrian Cat anecdotes 4 February 24th 04 07:35 PM