Giving kittens the finger

Old September 4th 08, 04:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Default Giving kittens the finger

My LOLkitnz are remarkably straightforward to feed. I haven't yet
found any flavours or types of catfood - wet or dry - that they turn
their nose up at. However, they're quite omnivorous when it comes to
hoomin food too.

This morning I was at breakfast, feasting on 7-grain bread toast,
salted butter, and a generous slathering of Vegemite. I'm not
Australian, but I do have a taste for the 'mite and I prefer it to its
saltier English cousin Marmite. While I was thus engrossed, Naughty
(WT) materialised at my elbow.

(I should mention at this point that, after a week's good behaviour,
the teleporting has started. Yesterday while I was shaving, Kiki came
into the bathroom, hopped into the tub and paddled a little in the
puddles from my shower. My toilet complete and the excess foam
delicately dabbed off, I swept aside the shower curtain and, lo, there
were *both* kittens. Naughty (WT) was supposed to be the other side of
a closed door. But of course, closed doors are minor impediments to
teleporting cats, unless it is necessary to bother a human to open
said door for purposes of suddenly becoming indecisive about whether
to cross the threshold.)

Anyway, Naughty (WT) sniffed at my toast. I considered the likelihood
that kittens would enjoy Vegemite and decided an experiment would be
in order. I do so enjoy experimenting on animals. I offered the young
lady a finger-dollop of Vegemite, which she tasted cautiously. Her
eyes flashed with joy at this wonderful new flavour. So overwhelmed
was she that rather than simply licking off the rest of the yeasty
paste, she bit down on my finger and actually attempted to remove the
entire digit! Gripping my poor pointer in her teeth, she braced her
front paws on the table and pulled, tugged and jerked, but (irritant
that I am) I refused to jettison it and she was thwarted in her goal
to obtain a lifetime's supply of Vegemite.

I should probably be worried: one of my cats believes that I can be
disassembled. If I mysteriously stop posting, you'll know what's
happened.
Old September 4th 08, 07:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

wrote in message
[...]

ROTFLMAOWTIME! OMG, we have another "Sammy" on the group - poor, poor
Alphonse!

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old September 4th 08, 10:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Tish

Ahh ... you've discovered the true reason for vegemite - cat treats!
I think it must be the vitamin B in vegemite, but cats ADORE it!

Your kittens sound absolutely wonderful. Am so enjoying your posts!

Tish

Old September 5th 08, 04:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sam

wrote:
[...]

Great story Alphonse. Is your finger OK?

Sam, supervised by Mistletoe
Old September 5th 08, 04:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stef

On Sep 5, 1:19*pm, "Kreisleriana" wrote:
"Marina" wrote in message

I should probably be worried: one of my cats believes that I can be
disassembled. If I mysteriously stop posting, you'll know what's
happened.

Cats seem to tend to like yeasty things.

Stinky loves the smell of warm bread. *When he was a kitten, my mother made
the mistake of turning her back on a toasted, buttered bagel. *He grabbed
half the bagel and went prancing off with it sticking out of his mouth. *My
mother was laughing too hard to be mad.

--
Theresa, Stinky and Dante
drtmuirATearthlink.net

Stinky Pictures:http://community.webshots.com/album/125591586JWEFwh

I have a co-worker that I discuss kitties with (I have two sister
kitties she has one older boy and two young brother kitties). One day
she came in and told me that she was less than happy with her
morning. She had been slicing a fresh loaf of bread for her breakfast
and as she was slicing, a paw came up and grabbed a slice off of the
kitchen counter. Not wanting to share, she ran after the paw in
question and tried to get it back (of course this was not to happen in
the end). When she came back to the kitchen the other brother had
moulded his body around the rest of the loaf and was chewing on it.
Sco Kitties 1 loaf of bread
Hooman 0

:-)
Stef Inie and Ivy
Old September 5th 08, 04:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Kreisleriana wrote:
Stinky loves the smell of warm bread. When he was a kitten, my mother made
the mistake of turning her back on a toasted, buttered bagel. He grabbed
half the bagel and went prancing off with it sticking out of his mouth. My
mother was laughing too hard to be mad.

I think I've mentioned that I've been baking my own bread since last
spring. Caliban is always there, trying to mooch some of it when it
comes out of the oven. I can't set it on a rack to cool, because he
would be there in a heartbeat. I've lost count of how many rolls he's
stolen so far. Impossible mooch!

Old September 5th 08, 04:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Victor Martinez

Awww.... you should bake an extra roll or two for him!

--
Victor M. Martinez